New Info Update

FrozenZuke

• Volunteers

It would be cool if there was an auction icon to show up when an auction is happening (good idea @Crow).

We don't get auctions everyday so this could work as a way to let everyone know about the auction. 

Once the auction ends, the icon disappears.

About the new icons, I can't complain except that they still look a bit different compared to the current icons located there.

Other than that, they look good. Nice update (hopefully more people learn that both forum and wiki exist now).

• Award 3

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The links at the top point to core products, services, or sources of information. Auctions are not popular, and they hardly ever happen. Why would a link for it be put at the top?

It's about increasing exposure, especially for something that brings money to xat.

There's little exposure for auctions outside official chats and the forums, in my experience. There are countless casual users on roleplay, anime, club penguin, and radio chats, etc. who have never even heard of auctions, let alone knowing when there's one active. You normally have to get lucky, and hear someone else talking about it. Not everyone follows the xat twitter either! But of course, I know I'm generalizing, and you can disagree with all of this (please do!). 

I think Cupim offered a great compromise: add the link there temporarily while there's one ongoing. If more people see it, more people could bid (if not then, in the future). That potentially leads to higher bids, and higher amounts of money invested in xat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 11/12/2016 at 4:17 PM, Crow said:

There's little exposure for auctions outside official chats and the forums, in my experience. There are countless casual users on roleplay, anime, club penguin, and radio chats, etc. who have never even heard of auctions, let alone knowing when there's one active.

And the majority of these users don't have xats to begin with, so advertising to them it pointless. If they're involved with powers and xats, they'll at least be aware that xat has auctions. It's also announced on Twitter.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 12/11/2016 at 6:49 PM, SlOom said:

I would like to say for the first time : Nice new update.

(I thought, it was one of your suggestion..)

Now, they should update the other icons to make it more modern like the new ones.

18 minutes ago, Lamingtons said:

A great addon, btw why not update the old icons? 2006 style, ehh the new icons have new style, old icons = old style, a bit confuse xddd

Like.