Quote in xat

ider

• Advanced Members

I think adding quote  to the xat could be usefull, when many users are typing and you answer to a person and the conversation left you just scroll up click on quote located on the right of the text  and answer to that user  when you quote them they will see is for them you are writing.

ea00e37cec554ce494bac5022d2ec136.png

Could be smaller the Quote Bottom or like on the Forum.

• Volunteers

The chats and forums are two different beasts. Quoting is better suited to asynchronous, longevous discussions (so I've been told), with lots of space to type. 

Perhaps if admins implement that '@' link within the chats, that could be a better way of grabbing someone's attention in public - if their names are underlined too. =P

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Its a good idea in my opinion. Some big chat providers like whatsapp got this implemented some months ago and as an user of whatsapp i appreciate that feature, because in group chats there are various discussions like its on xat and you can simply quote it and refer to that message. This message wouldn't even need to be in the common xat font size, if implemented, but just like below in the example 10 to 14, so it doesn't bother too much.

E.g.

User 1 - Hello, how do i buy powers?

x

x

x

x

[@User 1 - Hello, how do i buy powers?]

You need to buy days and xats, after that visit either the xat store or trade.

Edit:

But yea, the mention concept could work too and might be a bit more neat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

It would definitely be a step in the right direction, not specifically the quoting idea, but the idea of highlighting/underline the user's name if you are mentioned. 

I know xat's main focus right now is not competing against apps like Skype or Discord which have similar chat functions (mainly the mention function), but still would be nice to have in the future. 

• Award 1

• Volunteers
55 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Some big chat providers like whatsapp got this implemented some months ago and as an user of whatsapp i appreciate that feature, because in group chats there are various discussions like its on xat and you can simply quote it and refer to that message.

Hmm, I didn't know this was a thing on whatsapp!

I'll leave this (very short) article link here, since I think it does the idea more justice than ider's post :$http://www.slashgear.com/whatsapp-introduces-quoted-message-responses-12443838/

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Mencee said:

It would definitely be a step in the right direction, not specifically the quoting idea, but the idea of highlighting/underline the user's name if you are mentioned. 

I know xat's main focus right now is not competing against apps like Skype or Discord which have similar chat functions (mainly the mention function), but still would be nice to have in the future. 

Yeah i just took the quote idea but as you say something like that 

50 minutes ago, Crow said:

Hmm, I didn't know this was a thing on whatsapp!

I'll leave this (very short) article link here, since I think it does the idea more justice than ider's post :$http://www.slashgear.com/whatsapp-introduces-quoted-message-responses-12443838/

I suggested somethign some month ago and many of them said this is not whatsapp to use all whatsapp use for that i didn't take it from just from Forum XD

• Members

You can just PC a user in case they don't read your answer and reply back to it in main chat. It's really not that hard to do that.

But if this is actually implemented, you should at least be able to mention/highlight a user by their nickname (if their username is too long, of course). When you mention a user, it should show their username and ID along with their nickname. This is to avoid confusion when there are two people with the same nickname.

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Felipe said:

You can just PC a user in case they don't read your answer and reply back to it in main chat. It's really not that hard to do that.

No really, just if the user has the pc off But if is on ofc u can't.