New Image Host

Maverick

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Majora said:

unless Xat has the storage space for that type of service, which would cost $$$ I highly doubt they will.

It doesn't cost that much. There's also no excuse for not having it. There's a reason Imgur blocked xat: Those services aren't meant to be used like that.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Majora said:

unless Xat has the storage space for that type of service, which would cost $$$ I highly doubt they will.

i agree with this  even cost not so much cost for uploading images when users  pay fr xats days and powers.

• Advanced Members
On 04/11/2016 at 11:11 PM, Brandon said:

It doesn't cost that much. There's also no excuse for not having it. There's a reason Imgur blocked xat: Those services aren't meant to be used like that.

If its just about the xat me profile, then i don't see why not. So its not like you're getting shareable links, but just the possibility to upload to the specific places.

There could be a max file size limit and ideally the previous image would be removed, if you are uploading a new one. I think thats quite feasible. Could work for avatars as well.

Lets say 3mb for profile and avatar background, idk how much active users xat has, 20000? 20000 x 3mb -> 60gb 

On 4/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, Brandon said:

How about xat allow image uploads directly to this website instead of relying on unknown image providers?

that would be best solution

• Steven unpinned this topic