Keep the (Classic) pawn

Nathan
Message added by LaFleur

The Classic pawn has become a permanent pawn.

More info: https://xat.wiki/hat

• Advanced Members

Just as Crow, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would actually buy the power more expensive if the pawn was permanent. 

So yes, I'd like this pawn to be permanent, it's pretty unique.

• Award 3

• Volunteers

100% agree with this. We have to remember that these are smileys we used to have that were FREE that got taken away. The fact that to use them again you must pay 750 xats is kind of ridiculous considering long ago we could have had them FREE. Having the pawn permanent would be MUCH more reasonable and a better reason to buy. :) 

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
On 11/4/2016 at 2:12 PM, Anar said:

Just as Crow, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would actually buy the power more expensive if the pawn was permanent. 

So yes, I'd like this pawn to be permanent, it's pretty unique.

Unique it is, it kinda gives me a little throw back :$

On 11/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, Lemona said:

100% agree with this. We have to remember that these are smileys we used to have that were FREE that got taken away. The fact that to use them again you must pay 750 xats is kind of ridiculous considering long ago we could have had them FREE. Having the pawn permanent would be MUCH more reasonable and a better reason to buy. :) 

Good point , I didn't think of it that way. 👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I agree, I'm just worried that if xat keeps releasing more amazing pawns, that admin will be reluctant to keep making power-linked pawns permanent. If classic is kept permanent, then we will currently have 3 power-linked pawns. 

• Volunteers

Sorry to disagree but I don't like the idea of having limited pawns to become permanent.

I really hope that xat will remove the namewave pawns after some time ... 

About the classic limited pawn, it was extended for "a bit" more time.

7bddc61d73c644aaac07e5de32126443.png

I like the idea of keeping limited pawns from expensive powers for longer than the ones from cheap powers.

And it can last for longer than a week, a month. Well, maybe for over three or six months but not forever.

• Award 4

• Volunteers

I agree with removing the namewave ones; they're not really necessary imo. 

But I would like to keep the classic one forever. To me, it's symbolic of the old era of xat - it's like keeping a little piece of the site's history.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

They should add them to the hat power then as unlimited hats (although, they should remove the namewave one that has the N symbol, no one uses it anyway). We've been waiting two months on new hats and we got one thus far being the party hat. and the initial thread was created last year on the old forum afaik.

Both pawns from namewave and classic look nice and it's just added customization; should not be removed completely. Also let's not forget single has its own unlimited hat as well, there should be no issue with this.

Edit: lol, jokes, one person actually uses it:

95e68560f83a484893d38619aaf88283.png

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, Mencee said:

Also let's not forget single has its own unlimited hat as well, there should be no issue with this.

They are on the list of hats requiring a power; see the list here.

12 hours ago, Mencee said:

Also let's not forget single has its own unlimited hat as well, there should be no issue with this.

Yes, single has its own unlimited hat. I can understand this as it has form of utiliy; a broken heart is always useful :$

I really hope the namewave pawn will be removed from the avaible pawns too. I don't see it used and we had it for enough time.

BUT, I definitely think the idea of keeping the classic pawn permanently is a great idea. A lot of users are using it and they love it! It reminds the "old area of xat", as Crow said. I think a lot of users would be affected if it was removed.

• Advanced Members

I know about requiring the power, I was generally speaking. 

But to me, if you remove one, you remove the other, not remove one (namewaves) and keep the other (classic). 

I wouldn't be bothered if they removed namewave's hats, but I'm simply vouching for it because it's just more customization to our pawns. Also, not a lot of people use it because not a ton of paid users own namewave to use the pawn. The hat is pretty cool and I don't think it deserves to be removed. Single's hat has been unlimited ever since, same should go for namewave and classic, if you keep them for this long, no reason to remove them now out of no where. 

• Bot Service Providers
On 11/28/2016 at 11:43 PM, Cupim said:

Sorry to disagree but I don't like the idea of having limited pawns to become permanent.

I really hope that xat will remove the namewave pawns after some time ... 

About the classic limited pawn, it was extended for "a bit" more time.

7bddc61d73c644aaac07e5de32126443.png

I like the idea of keeping limited pawns from expensive powers for longer than the ones from cheap powers.

And it can last for longer than a week, a month. Well, maybe for over three or six months but not forever.

@Cupim We have been given a power to be able to use the classic smileys, i really see no harm in giving us the old pawn as well, for added user customization. The number of users using it, and those agreeing with this thread should also be considered.  The name wave pawns could be removed and replaced with (classic)

On 11/29/2016 at 5:37 AM, Mencee said:

They should add them to the hat power then as unlimited hats (although, they should remove the namewave one that has the N symbol, no one uses it anyway). We've been waiting two months on new hats and we got one thus far being the party hat. and the initial thread was created last year on the old forum afaik.

Both pawns from namewave and classic look nice and it's just added customization; should not be removed completely. Also let's not forget single has its own unlimited hat as well, there should be no issue with this.

Edit: lol, jokes, one person actually uses it:

95e68560f83a484893d38619aaf88283.png

agreed, remove name wave for classic. 

• 4 months later...