Xat Transfer History (For Regular Xat Users)

Actavus

• Advanced Members
24 minutes ago, Karl said:

I don't think you read this at all. It is for personal use as Jake already explained. Volunteers can also already see transfer/trade logs.

Yes personal use someone can try to fake that they were scammed, and vols can see they weren't scammed.

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Felipe said:

I think it shouldn't be a power, but a feature. I like the idea that the user would need to enable account locking or authentication before checking most recent transactions, as this will help the user keep their information secure.

It should be a feature than being a power not like events. I like the idea where i can track my trade and transfer transactions and doesn't need to open a ticket just for this to ask for my trade logs.

• Bot Service Providers
14 hours ago, SlOom said:

Something like Xavi okay, but Xavi uses a "json", so it would be same for transferts... (rolleyes) 

Ehh, but if you see each time that you connect on chat, you receive different codes and this is just another way to "protect" your account against scammers...

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

It's funny, when I started the same subject, "everyone" was against it. And now, everyone is ok. ?????

19 minutes ago, Mencee said:

People always hop the bandwagon if someone well-known disapproves the suggestion. 

It's the way you word things.
You need to provide benefits/alternatives to prevent the idea from becoming a security concern to xat users.

The idea that certain transactions become censored based on authentication/IP to prevent hackers from gaining important information about a xat user

is a method which makes the idea a more viable approach to implementing.

This thread is open to ideas/approaches from other people, which can enable this feature to be implemented more securely without the risk of a hacker accessing information they shouldn't have.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
35 minutes ago, Actavus said:

The idea that certain transactions become censored based on authentication/IP to prevent hackers from gaining important information about a xat user

is a method which makes the idea a more viable approach to implementing

As I stated in Jedi's thread about concerns for security, what's the point in even censoring this information?

If they've logged into the account by any means the logs are useless to them, to explain:

• They cannot use the logs to gain access to the account (they already have access)
  • They cannot use the logs to secure access to the account, unless they know the rest of the security questions.
    • The trades/transfers question does not carry that much of a weight. You can and will gain access without answering said question.

If this was implemented and I could only see transfers made from my current IP and I had a dynamic IP, it'd be totally useless to me.

• Advanced Members
38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If this was implemented and I could only see transfers made from my current IP and I had a dynamic IP, it'd be totally useless to me.

That's stupid btw. It can be the same check as Events page. It's enough to protect the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's a great idea which would help in preventing scams.

I think that if this gets implemented, it'd be great if the user can manually enable the public to view his transfer logs if he wants to. Of course, by default it should be viewable only by the user. But to be able to share it to the public (at one's own risk?) would be helpful when one tries to deal with a scammer before volunteers step in, as they'd have concrete evidence to show the ppl the scammer knows to pressure him into returning scammed xats.

But even if it isn't possible to make public, it should still be implemented in the way that's been mentioned by Actavus. The showing of only recent transfers which he's mentioned seems to negate all the reasons for objecting in previous discussions on this topic.

• Advanced Members
On 10/24/2016 at 8:01 AM, Jedi said:

We already had this discussion on the old forum if I'm right.

i suggested  in the old forum not like this ofc  actuvus can't be more clear she has all reason.

• Bot Service Providers
On 11/7/2016 at 11:52 AM, ider said:

i think trade should be too.

Like who you trade with and the powers you tradded, example the last 5 or 10 trade, oldest get delete automatically when you get a new one.

Agreed after I've put thought into it.
Here is the suggestion I made on one of the comments from the first page:

2) INCREASES safety of users as they will know ASAP when account is hacked since they will see that someone else started without without their permission (Maybe for "trade" it can be listed in the transfer history as a generic "5 powers, 5 days, 360 xats transfered"

• Award 4

• 5 months later...