Xat Transfer History (For Regular Xat Users)

Actavus

• Volunteers

I wouldn't say, the idea is "bad".

But, for several reasons, some people are against to show such information as it may compromise the safety of the user against thieves. We already had a topic like this, and 3/4 of the discussion was against to show recent trades/transfers because of a security question...

I'm not really against this idea as I could have repeated several times on the topic, but if it comes to be implemented, I think it really should be limited and only show some transfers as you mentioned. But, do not expect this to be implemented, because it will probably reduce the work of volunteers (lol) and they will think that it will compromise the safety of users.

I think, if they wanted to add that, they would just add something (when you check the logs) to send you a mail (or a auth code) to confirm you are the owner of the account, and after it shows the recent trades/transfers.

That's my thought about.

• Advanced Members

Well... I disagree with this.

Why would you need to see who you transferred to? I can't think of a situation where I would need that information. 

If you transfer the wrong amount, you would be able to tell right away by checking the message at the end of the transfer. 

And correct me if I am wrong but I heard that once you transfer xats or days to someone, you have no way of getting them back.

And I can't speak for the Volunteers but I am sure they use recent transfers for security questions in tickets, because they're more recent and easier to remember. The longer ago transfers were, the harder it is to remember how much you sent.

• Volunteers
10 minutes ago, Actavus said:

4) Transfers list should only be showed to you based on your IP address (EX: Anything NOT from your IP will be censored and show a generic: "Censored due to changed IP")

Actually, not everyone has the same IP than the one when they registered so it will be hard to deal with that. I mean for example : I registered with an IP, and actually i'm connected with an IP who's from the same internet provider of the IP when i registered my account.

If you really wanted security on logs, it would work with authentication like login to prevent against an unauthorized access and since (i guess), it would just read a json or a simple page (but mostly of the time, it's a json), K1/K2 are required to have access to the informations, because everyone will have access to the json and there, it would be really an issue for everyone.

• Bot Service Providers
12 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Actually, not everyone has the same IP than the one when they registered so it will be hard to deal with that. I mean for example : I registered with an IP, and actually i'm connected with an IP who's from the same internet provider of the IP when i registered my account.

If you really wanted security on logs, it would work with authentication like login to prevent against an unauthorized access and since (i guess), it would just read a json or a simple page (but mostly of the time, it's a json), K1/K2 are required to have access to the informations, because everyone will have access to the json and there, it would be really an issue for everyone.

I think you misunderstood, i didn't mean registered IPs.

EX:
IP1  (Real Client) --> They can only see recent transfer history of stuff transfered from that IP (Anything that isn't same IP comes up on the log as censored)
IP2 (Hacker) --> Hacker logs into stolen account, they look at history log (They will ONLY see censored transfer history which wont compromise account security). BUT will be able to see anything they transfer as a hacker.

Scenerio:
Real client logs into account --> SEES a recent transfer dated from yesterday thats censored.
They know ASAP something is fishy since they see a censored transfer but everything else that they recently transfered isnt censored.
Although the real client's IP may change from going to different internet locations/wifis, they will know weather they recognize making a transfer recently based on the date.

--------------------------

Although the suggestion for seeing logs based on authentication is also a good idea, to uncensored everything if the real account owner really wanted to verify additional information themselves.

So in a nutt shell:

1) If you are un-authenticated a bunch of logs will be censored
2) If you are authenticated, then everything is uncensored

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
2 minutes ago, Lamingtons said:

Really I like your idea, that "transfer history" be enabled just when the user have the 2° protection enabled(or 3° like tickle)...

Yes super good idea.
Honestly xat maybe benefit from this transfer history log as a power. EX: (tloghistory) power

Maybe you can only have access to this feature for a cold hard cash of 35,000 xats.
(This would prevent alot of accounts from having the "account security compromised" but also give the option to xat users who wish the risk is worth being able to see the logs)

• Award 1

• Volunteers
7 minutes ago, Actavus said:

I think you misunderstood, i didn't mean registered IPs.

EX:
IP1  (Real Client) --> They can only see recent transfer history of stuff transfered from that IP (Anything that isn't same IP comes up on the log as censored)
IP2 (Hacker) --> Hacker logs into stolen account, they look at history log (They will ONLY see censored transfer history which wont compromise account security). BUT will be able to see anything they transfer as a hacker.

Scenerio:
Real client logs into account --> SEES a recent transfer dated from yesterday thats censored.
They know ASAP something is fishy since they see a censored transfer but everything else that they recently transfered isnt censored.
Although the real client's IP may change from going to different internet locations/wifis, they will know weather they recognize making a transfer recently based on the date.

Well, the question is : How it will detect the real IP and not the hacker's ip ? Because to check what's the real IP, better being based on the registered IP so you'll no have problems about. Sorry if i don't really understand this point. :) 

It will be my last post about this point. xD 

• Bot Service Providers
Just now, SlOom said:

Well, the question is : How it will detect the real IP and not the hacker's ip ? Because to check what's the real IP, better being based on the registered IP so you'll no have problems about. Sorry if i don't really understand this point. :) 

Based on your current IP & the IP that the transfer was made from.

EX: I'm using IP 1.1.1.1 when i transfer 1,000 xats.
Only IP 1.1.1.1 will be able to see that history log uncensored.

If a hacker logs in as IP 2.2.2.2 he will see it censored since the history log will detect that the 1,000 xats was transfered under a different IP

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Actavus said:

Based on your current IP & the IP that the transfer was made from.

EX: I'm using IP 1.1.1.1 when i transfer 1,000 xats.
Only IP 1.1.1.1 will be able to see that history log uncensored.

If a hacker logs in as IP 2.2.2.2 he will see it censored since the history log will detect that the 1,000 xats was transfered under a different IP

AHHHHH, now it's okay. I understand now haha. :) Yeah, it's a good idea like that.

You could say that since we started to talk about IP, not just now. (d) 

• Bot Service Providers
4 minutes ago, SlOom said:

AHHHHH, now it's okay. I understand now haha. :) Yeah, it's a good idea like that.

You could say that since we started to talk about IP, not just now. (d) 

You gotta admit though, might be an idea 42 might want to implement if it comes out as a released power at a mighty fine super high release price.
I know i'd purchase it regardless of the cost (wink)

Lets make it 100k xD

• Award 1

• Volunteers
Just now, Actavus said:

You gotta admit though, might be an idea 42 might want to implement if it comes out as a released power at a mighty fine super high release price.
I know i'd purchase it regardless of the cost (wink)

Lets make it 100k xD

Well, make it as a power is not really necessary but since 80% of the features we have on xat are a power .. i wouldn't mind if it becomes a power but better keep it free. ;) 

100K ? I'm quitting. :( 

• Bot Service Providers

This isn't too hard to do, isnt needed a page, new tabs etc... just a app like "xavi" its ok. I think they just don't want to "lost time" like I said the other time, why hide this info from users, if they can check on bot's userinfo? NOSENSE!

So @Admin what do you think?

• Volunteers
10 minutes ago, Lamingtons said:

This isn't too hard to do, isnt needed a page, new tabs etc... just a app like "xavi" its ok. I think they just don't want to "lost time" like I said the other time, why hide this info from users, if they can check on bot's userinfo? NOSENSE!

So @Admin what do you think?

"Isn't needed a page" ? How are you going to read transfers informations without page? Magic?

• Advanced Members

I like this idea. The user would just have to be properly authenticated, of course.

Many people are curious about recent transactions they've made, and there should be nothing stopping them from seeing their most recent transactions.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I support this as well. It's useful to be able to see past transactions for a lot of different reasons including general curiosity... if we can do it with real money and other online currencies, then we should be able to do it here!

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, FrozenZuke said:

A bad idea is of someone fakes an image of a transaction to make it look like they were scammed, I believe vols should and I  think can view your recent transfer/trade activities.

I don't think you read this at all. It is for personal use as Jake already explained. Volunteers can also already see transfer/trade logs.

• Award 3