Why is the email security check necessary everyday?

LaFleur

• Advanced Members
On 16/11/2016 at 7:15 PM, Maverick said:

I have pinned this subject so other users can report on this subject just in case they get the same problem as you, or give you ways to solve this issue.

I haven't really come across this as much as you do, but one way I found out how to fix this was to delete your xat cookies manually. 

It's really simple, follow this link - { CLICK ME } and when you're at the page deleting your cookies, make sure to delete xat.com ONLY, not any other ones. Unless you want to delete any other cookies at your choice.

After you done that, re-login, check your e-mail and you should be fine after you've done that.

To test it, just re-login and see if you're prompt with security check. If you're not prompt with security check, then it means the issue was solved. 

Make sure to do this on any other computers if you plan to login on there. If you do not do these steps on the other computer(s), then you're just messing with broken cookies and overriding it which will lead getting prompt.

I've used this method only twice and ever since I haven't been prompt to check my e-mails again unless I clear my cookies and cache out. 

You should give it a try. 

Remember, this might be different from everyone else, including yourself - @LaFleur

Cleared cookies for xat, logged in and showed me E65. I guess thats normal as you stated "After you done that, re-login, check your e-mail and you should be fine after you've done that." here.

Ill check tomorrow again if i'll receive a security check or not and let u know.

Thanks.

• Contributors
13 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Cleared cookies for xat, logged in and showed me E65. I guess thats normal as you stated "After you done that, re-login, check your e-mail and you should be fine after you've done that." here.

Ill check tomorrow again if i'll receive a security check or not and let u know.

Thanks.

All right. 

I would really like to know what the results for this that you got back from trying these steps. @LaFleur

• Members

I decided not to clear cookies and plugin data when clearing my browsing data and it stopped asking me to check my email for some reason.

It asks me to check my email when I clear cookies. Being on the same browser and device doesn't matter, it will ask me anyway.

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Felipe said:

I decided not to clear cookies and plugin data when clearing my browsing data and it stopped asking me to check my email for some reason.

It asks me to check my email when I clear cookies. Being on the same browser and device doesn't matter, it will ask me anyway.

I have so whenever I exit my browser, it does not automatically clear my cache/cookies/history. I have to go and do this manually.
Yet for some reason, I have to go check my e-mail to login at least 80% of the time when I attempt to login. Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

bump

I just got this out of nowhere when I clicked the "get xats" option:

**Security check. Please login and try again. E45**

followed by:

**Security check: Please check your email to login. E64**

and we all know what comes after that lol

haven't cleared cookies/cache/go on mobile so not sure what the cause is

tl;dr this is just irritating to deal with and im glad im not the only one that this happens to, but this needs to be fixed at some point. 

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Mencee said:

bump

I just got this out of nowhere when I clicked the "get xats" option: **Security check. Please login and try again. E45**

E45: login and try again. 

haven't cleared cookies/cache/go on mobile so not sure what the cause is

I've recently reported that issue multiple times too.

Here is the workaround: Login, and then click "Buy xats and days" at the top.

ZGaW0U8.png

We'll just have to keep waiting.

• Award 1

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Members
On 4/18/2017 at 8:57 AM, Bau said:

Still nothing was solved, continue to always ask login.
I had to open the topic again! LOL :$ if not, it will die without solving :o

Have to nag to get anything done ;)

I think I logged in 3 times yesterday alone.

Forget wanting to trade or send a gift in a hurry.  

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Christina said:

Have to nag to get anything done ;)

I think I logged in 3 times yesterday alone.

Forget wanting to trade or send a gift in a hurry.  

What we have to do is have patience, however, I do not get into xat.com anymore.
I rarely come in xat now, :$
I do not know if it is good or bad! (sry)

• 3 weeks later...