New fair trade rule

Christina

• Volunteers

I understand your viewpoint. I feel that it is okay for a user to sell at their own price as long as it is a reasonable price. That being said, if a user is simply fooling around with prices and doing it to get a reaction from users, that user should be warned (ex: selling gold for 15k).  I think as long as the users price is somewhat around the fairtrade guide (NOT saying it is a price listed), it should be fine. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Lemona said:

I understand your viewpoint. I feel that it is okay for a user to sell at their own price as long as it is a reasonable price. That being said, if a user is simply fooling around with prices and doing it to get a reaction from users, that user should be warned (ex: selling gold for 15k).  I think as long as the users price is somewhat around the fairtrade guide (NOT saying it is a price listed), it should be fine. 

That would be trolling prices and not allowed.  We are talking simple users trying to up prices to profit.  How will prices ever up or down if this rule stands?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think its rather meant for obvious things, like selling purple for 30k while its 25k in store makes no sense, hence he gets a warn,

And i guess the same applies for obvious things with limited powers. If popcorn is 250 xats in trade guide, then you shouldn't sell it for 2k.

If gold is 50k in store and 52k in trade guide, then you shouldnt sell it for like idk 60K?

So conclusion it probably isn't unfair since you can stem exaggerated or pointless prices and trolls, however it also brings lots of work and a lot to consider for the mods, like when is a price exaggerated, how do you define that?

Maybe just leave it for unlimited powers, since selling over store price does not make sense and it's rather meant as troll.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Well I know users who are already being pcd and warned of pricing that are NOT trolling.  Hense why I opened this thread.

Even if it is an inner issue of staff taking a rule too far....the rule needs to be modified.  I will always fight for the fairness of trade and its users.

I know that users trolling prices and upping prices can be an issue...but you need to also look at the other side.

• Award 2

• Volunteers
4 minutes ago, Christina said:

Well I know users who are already being pcd and warned of pricing that are NOT trolling.  Hense why I opened this thread.

Even if it is an inner issue of staff taking a rule too far....the rule needs to be modified.  I will always fight for the fairness of trade and its users.

I know that users trolling prices and upping prices can be an issue...but you need to also look at the other side.

I think there needs to be a very well explained rule and an explanation as to what TROLLING PRICES are compared to REASONABLE prices that aren't on the fairtrade guide. This would make a bit more sense. 

• Award 2

• Contributors

This isn't a rule yet nor it was put in active as one.  It was deemed for staffs to understand if users are troll-selling or not. Perhaps it was worded poorly, but it will be revisited.

Regarding Fairtrade. It's not outdated for a very long time since Bryan and Hayley are always on it everyday. So I am not sure what you're conclusion is for this. 

However, I will go over it and make sure it's looked into properly before you assume anything else. 

Your point of view on fairness lacks a few concepts such as this not being deemed and put in as a rule. It was just a blog post and reminder to some staffs what we discussed during the staff meetings.  

If it was really a rule, it would be in the rules page along side with other changes, so again, this isn't really a matter of discussion when it's a blog post. Not a rule.

However, thanks. I'll make sure to revisit it today and go over it. 

• Award 1