More Vols needed

El1z

• Advanced Members

For none is a secret that vols are eveyday so busy answering tickets, but for none is a secret that, more vols are needed because there are too much olds and new tickets to answer and when users see their tickets are not answered for a long time they lose the emotion to be in xat and that is not good for xat. @Admin Get your Job easier, everyone know you are Focus on mobile app and that is one of the best goal you have got, so for that you need to chose new vols to help other vols answering tickets faster. How many vols are you needing for me you need like 10 more vols and i'm so sure xat will get better and more users will be happy in xat, but the amount is up to you. :d 

• Advanced Members
38 minutes ago, Elie said:

You think it's that simple, don't you?

i know its not so simple, because they need to have trusted person and that means more new staff are needed on official chats because till i know the vols start like that or wiki translator etc. But is not from now till tomorow but they could start since now till some month, years..But something they should do and not too far.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
54 minutes ago, El1z said:

i know its not so simple, because they need to have trusted person and that means more new staff are needed on official chats because till i know the vols start like that or wiki translator etc. But is not from now till tomorow but they could start since now till some month, years..But something they should do and not too far.

Admin has to handpick the volunteers himself -- he has to trust them almost completely. Simply asking "trusted users" to become volunteers is unwise. From what I've gathered, not many people actually have what it takes to be one. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Yeah, what can I say, we need more vols, but not everyone that is a staff in help or something more fits.

Lets say we get more vols and things, but VOLS have a LIFE too. Most of them are in college or work, users really need to be more patient and wait, and think twice. 

Not all users that help or do something for xat want to be a volunteer.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Meow said:

Lets say we get more vols and things, but VOLS have a LIFE too. Most of them are in college or work, users really need to be more patient and wait, and think twice. 

For that reason we need and ofc is up to @Admin , And as they have life like you say that is tbe biggest reason to have more vols because their work  here would be easier. And costumer or users however  would get their help faster.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Christina said:

MMM...In my time we could handle the system and rarely had issues.  I think now alot of volunteers try, but are up against walls.

I think that having OWN departments was the worst idea ever.  When volunteers go part time due to other obligations, it leaves a hole the other volunteers

can not share, from my understanding.  I think Admins instead should focus on "undoing" the department ranks and resort to old times for the best 

interest of the users.  I also know that the volunteer team lacks that vocal voice to fight for the users like I always did.

i agree with you, if some vols are so busy those who are free can not help them  because is not their department... That is not good.

• Advanced Members

It's definitely more complicated than people think. We've obviously been getting new volunteers over the past year, but adding even more is not necessarily the solution.

As many people know, there are various teams of volunteers (volunteers don't just answer any ticket in the system). Compartmentalization is good because it divides various responsibilities among the available people. To have a volunteer join and suddenly be able to see every single ticket would be ridiculous. They would mess things up. It's also beneficial for security reasons. There is no way this system will ever be undone.

We also need focus. Each volunteer already has their work cut out for them in the departments they are a part of. Rarely will you see one team completely catch up and be able to go to other departments.

There is hardly ever a time where a volunteer will not have work to do in the departments they are regularly a part of.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's definitely more complicated than people think. We've obviously been getting new volunteers over the past year, but adding even more is not necessarily the solution.

As many people know, there are various teams of volunteers (volunteers don't just answer any ticket in the system). Compartmentalization is good because it divides various responsibilities among the available people. To have a volunteer join and suddenly be able to see every single ticket would be ridiculous. They would mess things up. It's also beneficial for security reasons. There is no way this system will ever be undone.

We also need focus. Each volunteer already has their work cut out for them in the departments they are a part of. Rarely will you see one team completely catch up and be able to go to other departments.

There is hardly ever a time where a volunteer will not have work to do in the departments they are regularly a part of.

Would mess things up?  Its called teaching and learning.  We use to help one another.  We could handle all and not just "certain" situations.  

Obviously my point is valid.  We had 6 active volunteers handle all the tickets with triple the users and do fine.  Its made to be more complicated then it needs.

Sometimes overdoing things takes more time then having those available to handle any task.  I have seen all sides.  I also know what countless users complain to me about each day.

I respect all you guys do and appreciate each of you.  However...I really do feel someone needs to open eyes.  How many users have to complain to get volunteers or admins to listen?

How many volunteers recent have said to me "its not my job or nothing will ever change."  How many threads like this need to be opened requesting more volunteers because users feel their needs are not being met?

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
29 minutes ago, Christina said:

We had 6 active volunteers handle all the tickets with triple the users and do fine.

That was at a time when the average age of volunteers was really young. They had a lot of time on their hands. We can't recruit junior high and young high school kids to meet quotas.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

This is the harsh reality of a Volunteer based support system. For me personally, things were so much different back when I first got Volunteer as a Sophomore in high-school. At that time it seemed as if I had no other obligations but to spend my time on xat; however, this is not the case for the majority of the Volunteer team right now.

Brandon is right. We can't lower expectations in order to meet quotas. If it were up to me there would be a few more users on the team that should have been added awhile ago, but have not due to conflicts that have come up in the past. 

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Nick said:

If it were up to me there would be a few more users on the team that should have been added awhile ago, but have not due to conflicts that have come up in the past. 

Heartbreaker 😥😖😭

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, TrueRedDevil said:

Yeah, if the guys at the top just made me a vol I would make sure there would never be any more unanswered tickets.

(Of course, there would probably not be any users either after I'm done)

I fear you'd reply while drunk.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't see how people who aren't in the group can assess the group dynamics and diagnose the issue... I also don't know how one can conclude that none of us are "for the users." Some of us just don't need to be in the spotlight all the time, but that doesn't mean we don't care. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Steven said:

I don't see how people who aren't in the group can assess the group dynamics and diagnose the issue... I also don't know how one can conclude that none of us are "for the users." Some of us just don't need to be in the spotlight all the time, but that doesn't mean we don't care. 

I am speaking as a group not individually.  Like I said...I am not saying you guys don't deserve.  What I am saying is that you guys should fight for what would make it easier and benefit the users.

The current methods ARE NOT benefiting the users of xat with current wait times.  You guys say you don't need more volunteers and don't need to change a system..but yet its obvious something is broke or not working

proper.  The users are suffering for it.  And I am fairly certain that I can diagnose..based on what several volunteers tell me and also based on my experience.  Where you come up with the spotlight stuff...IDK.  It has nothing

to do with ticket responses and time issues.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Steven said:

You're acting as if what happens within the group of vols is remained hidden and is very secretive when the fact is,and i'm sure you know, there are people WITHIN THE GROUP who blab and tell people everything that happens. And based on that information the people are able to make conclusions about the current situation and possibly offer a solution because clearly something ain't right here and there seems to be refusal to change. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Christina said:

What I am saying is that you guys should fight for what would make it easier and benefit the users.

And what I am saying is that just because we don't publicly bash the system doesn't mean we don't try to make things easier on the users. 

17 hours ago, Christina said:

You guys now are chosen based on who you know.

If none of the volunteers know somebody, and the admins don't know them, how can the admins trust them enough to become a volunteer? Also, it's not like this is anything new, and it isn't like you were against that when you were a volunteer...

4 hours ago, Mom said:

You're implying younger users have lower expectations which isn't fair, especially with what I said above about the current volunteers and their maturity.

I think you misunderstood. He meant that the volunteers back then were younger and had more time to answer tickets, not that younger users expected anything different.

Also, please don't think that I am defending the wait times. I'm not, never have.