PC Notifier (Power)

Equalize

• Members

I'm curious to know if it is possible to make a power where it only notifies or makes a noise when someone private chat's or PC's you something personally and not formally and openly on the group chat. I feel like this power will be very efficient as a lot of users will be doing something else in the meantime whilst they wait for their "special" person to reply back to their message. This power will be beneficial and should be pretty straight forward. No idea on the price of it but I feel like this is a good idea.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Equalize said:

I'm curious to know if it is possible to make a power where it only notifies or makes a noise when someone private chat's or PC's you something personally and not formally and openly on the group chat. I feel like this power will be very efficient as a lot of users will be doing something else in the meantime whilst they wait for their "special" person to reply back to their message. This power will be beneficial and should be pretty straight forward. No idea on the price of it but I feel like this is a good idea.

this has kinda been suggested in a different way( different volume toggles for different sounds)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

It's like the sound from audies or when u turn on exs3pZ2.png on the chat but it would be nice to have different noises when someone pcs or pms you. 

So this is another power suggestion but i think it should be a free function somewhere on the group chat or on the gcontrol (shrug)

• Award 1

• Members

I feel as though if this wasn't a power, it would need to be a separate toggle to the audies toggle. This is because some people may not want to hear the constant sounds of the main chat (because if you turn off that toggle you also turn off the private chat's sound too) and only be after a private chat's response.

• Advanced Members

From the GSound wiki page

"Tab sound is when one of the tabs gets green, meaning someone spoke or they tickled you. Even when the Main tab turns green, you get this sound."

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's something. I'm not sure if you can remove the regular beep, but you can use a softer audie.

Not saying your idea shouldn't be added (because it should along with other stuff mentioned here), but something to use for now.

• Award 1

• Contributors

A ping noise would be nice to have. Also, this idea does have a lot of potential to it. 

For example; Bump. Bump power was designed to "wake" someone up in chat if they are AFK and / or an "emergency," which is for private chat. 

So the same method could be applied for private chats, but with using a repeat code on another sound for private chat. Then idea would be golden. Sorta like iMessage.

This would be using Techy's reading private chat messages function too. @Techy

(His reading function doesn't have to be implemented, but if this was to become a thing, then Techy's idea should as well).

I Ike the idea of this.

• Award 2

• Volunteers

I do not understand why people suggest everything as a "power" when it could be free. People have the opportunity to suggest free stuff, but when the function will be released, everyone will say "it should be free".

Like Bella said, it should be a free feature instead of a premium thing. Audies on xat are free, so why not a "pc notifier" wouldn't be free at all?

Btw, the idea is good but how it should work? Because since this thing should be a free feature (because i don't see this in a power), it should work with a macro, like $pcnotifier=audies goes here.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

If they are willing to do free stuff why not, but i guess admins would rather like to make 'money' by the things they spent time on and no that doesn't mean that i wouldn't like it as a free stuff, but it just makes more sense and its more appealing for them to create it? :d

• Award 1

• Volunteers
14 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

If they are willing to do free stuff why not, but i guess admins would rather like to make 'money' by the things they spent time on and no that doesn't mean that i wouldn't like it as a free stuff, but it just makes more sense and its more appealing for them to create it? :d

Have a free thing is exceptional on Xat, I can not understand why people do not suggest for free.

Because of a test power and make profit on it ?

Do you imagine, if you have to pay for having an song on xat when someone sent a message ? If a song should be added for PC, it SHOULD be free, and not paid.

It's not a thing like that, they are going to make money. If everything was a power, people would complaining about. 

And i don't think, they are out of money with what they win each months, lol. But if you guy think it's better as a power.. that's your choice, but don't come on the day when it's released "damn it should be free" lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
On 10/3/2016 at 10:21 AM, Maverick said:

A ping noise would be nice to have. Also, this idea does have a lot of potential to it. 

I Ike the idea of this.

A sound like the Forum notification when someone commented your topic , something like that would be nice. i like this idea too.