Forum Suggestions List

LaFleur

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Hound said:

GENERAL IDEA:

I feel xat needs to let users know how many powers have been released for limited powers. For example, FROGGY has around 7000 released in total. A notification of this would make it easier for investors to know how many of a power has been released, which can help them to determine if the power is worth investing.

Hmm, seems like something for few people only, couldn't this be made as bot command? Maybe you can ask the bot owners if thats possible.

6 hours ago, SlOom said:

Issues with APP icon when GKAOANI and EBUNNY (ebback) power are added as gback smiley:

EBUNNY: 

SSHmr4s.png

GKAOANI:

38adfeace61d3661c899758c7f9057df.gif

I don't know if it was reported for the GKAOANI one.

Ill take it on the list. Please notify me about any bug that have been fixed.

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, CLassified3 said:

Also, there is a new feature with trade. If you enter the incorrect password, then your power will go back to your powers list and it will close the trade app. 

(you need to clear cache for this) 

what's wrong with it?

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, CLassified3 said:

Also, there is a new feature with trade. If you enter the incorrect password, then your power will go back to your powers list and it will close the trade app. 

(you need to clear cache for this) 

It clears everything from the application, but it doesn't allow you to re-add the stuff unless you restart the trade application.

I'm not sure what you mean by it closing. It doesn't close the application, and you don't need to clear your cache. You simply need to restart the trade application.

• Volunteers
17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It clears everything from the application, but it doesn't allow you to re-add the stuff unless you restart the trade application.

I'm not sure what you mean by it closing. It doesn't close the application, and you don't need to clear your cache. You simply need to restart the trade application.

I think he means you need to clear cache to get the updated server for the new trade feature.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

What's the point of the new trade app anyway? It doesn't prevent anything, people like myself have really long passwords and we may make some mistakes whenever trading. If anything this update is just annoying. 

I see many reports a week of a scammer pretending to type the wrong password and quickly changing their amount of xats on Trade. This update will prevent most, if not all scams using this method. So if you have to be a little more careful when typing your password or reselect your powers once in a while, it's worth it.

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I see many reports a week of a scammer pretending to type the wrong password and quickly changing their amount of xats on Trade.

Literally never heard of this happen ever, in 6 years of being on xat. And even more surprisingly, 3 years at Help.

• Advanced Members
58 minutes ago, Stah said:

Literally never heard of this happen ever, in 6 years of being on xat. And even more surprisingly, 3 years at Help.

I saw 2 in the last 4 days.. 

It happens regularly unfortunately.  

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, Stah said:

I've never heard of this either (it's obvious since i don't use to go to help), but the reason xat made this is because

they've got many reports of this.

• Advanced Members

People often complain they are scammed by someone entering wrong pass.

Its a legit concern TBH.

The app should have never defaulted to NOT being forced to close for this.

Prevention is key.  If it somehow stops the scammers...it's a good thing.

• Advanced Members
53 minutes ago, Stah said:

Let's just say it was a very significant problem. People got scammed almost daily from this method. The update will cause hassle for some people, but many others will be safe from this scam method in the future.

Having to restart the trade application completely was not an intended feature and will hopefully be changed soon.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Junior said:

I think he means you need to clear cache to get the updated server for the new trade feature.

Si. (Yes) 

Anyways, the new trade function was created to reduce scamming I am pretty sure. This will remove the power just incase the person does the wrong password with one person writing their password correctly. 

(STATUSGLOWSUPER) seems to be able to be said a lot as well in a previous page. 

Still 3D glitch, I don't think it is associated with NameGrad anymore. Only Namecolor/Nameglow seems to be having this issue now. 

Edit:

After gamebanned, status disappears. 

• Volunteers
6 hours ago, CLassified3 said:

(STATUSGLOWSUPER) seems to be able to be said a lot as well in a previous page. 

Edit:

After gamebanned, status disappears. 

If you could read on the first page, it was already reported.

F74rf8f.png

8Ad4UKb.png

• Advanced Members
On March 6, 2016 at 5:44 PM, LaFleur said:

An improved trade system with allpowers and everypowers check, and a search function.

An improved trade system with allpowers and everypowers check, and a search function.

Maybe not exactly what users want, but we can't complain!

• Advanced Members
33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe not exactly what users want, but we can't complain!

Quote from this thread: http://forum.xat.com/topic/537-what-do-you-think-about-the-new-trade-update

Just now, LaFleur said:

I just tested it and its really a step forward for sure and pretty useful for yourself, good work! However, the everypower/allpower check is still a major component that is missing, so i would suggest to add that if possible.

Why add an allpower/everypower check?

-The user who is buying allpower/everypower is ensured to not become scammed.

-Allpowers/Everypower is 'promoted' in the xat store.

• Advanced Members

Great thread so far! I hope that the administrators have been using this! Maybe they could add a feature on the new trade update where you can search for group powers, gamebans ect? 

By the way the power like Galaga was supposed to be a gameban.

• Advanced Members

Updated. Added 3 new suggestions/improvements to General category, 1 suggestion to Powers(Features) category, 4 suggestions to Powers(Smilies) category, 1 suggestion to Games category.

Added new note and added last updated date.

• Advanced Members
On 28/03/2016 at 3:34 AM, Harrison said:

I see many reports a week of a scammer pretending to type the wrong password and quickly changing their amount of xats on Trade. This update will prevent most, if not all scams using this method. So if you have to be a little more careful when typing your password or reselect your powers once in a while, it's worth it.

On 28/03/2016 at 3:41 AM, Stah said:

I have experienced a lot of reports like this with dealing scammers using this method at Trade. And even me have experienced this before for being careless back when i just started trading and up until now people still trying to attempt to do this scam method with the new trade app update. 

• Advanced Members

I love how we're in April and only two things on the list have been implemented. I'm beginning to wonder what the point of even having a suggestions section is if this is the rate our suggestions are added.

• Award 1