xatid

Jedi

• Volunteers
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

or xat would collect the fee and offer volunteers' services.

This is the best option imo. Moreover I'm pretty sure 2% would be enough to cover the cost of the project.

I'm just kinda surprised on how it could be ran. Volunteers would use xat tools (verifying stolen xats) while being paid by users? I personally see in that a sort of conflict of interest, unless xat itself run it officially; I totally understand why they wouldn't add more work to their agenda without being reward though, as Brandon said.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Crow said:

Vols will be fighting over themselves when a guy sells his 500k 4-digit ID. Easy money or what?

Tickets could become delayed again too, if vols have more work?

It can work weekly. So everyone will have the same amount of xats.

I don't know how long does it take to check xats, but i'm sure it doesn't take more than 10 min. Tickets will be fine.

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Crow said:

Vols will be fighting over themselves when a guy sells his 500k 4-digit ID. Easy money or what?

Tickets could become delayed again too, if vols have more work?

An ideal approach to how xats will be distributed should prevent any "fights" from happening. I surely believe that volunteers'/admins would come to a mutual decision in regards to how distribution should pan out, so that shouldn't be anything to worry about.

If ticket performance is affected, then more volunteers will be made.

• Members

People won't probably use it because of the fee. They'd rather sell/or buy IDs for free than use this service that requires a fee.

Besides, I completely agree with Arthur. I don't get why a xat user would want to run that system, it should not be run by a xat user. I remember it when a specific user who was very well known and trusted by the entire community scammed about 1,5 million of xats from his closest friends. If it's going to be run by a xat user, I'm simply not going to trust it. It doesn't matter who that user is.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I agree that xat should offer this service. I don't understand how the xats running through it would automatically be considered safe though. People could still buy IDs with stolen xats.

Regardless, you're joking if you think xat would implement this any time soon, even if mobile development was done. There are much bigger things to worry about.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Arthur said:

I don't like this. I'm not a big fan of external websites at all, many internet companies have the mentality where the more time you spend on the website, the better it is for them and I think xat should adopt that mentality.

Lastly, I don't like the idea of a xat user running a such system, and I don't see xat supporting this as they didn't like the image-hosting website for xat idea for the same reason. It doesn't matter how much you trust a person, you shouldn't give them access to hundreds of register links. Also, let's remember that even xat got compromised at one point.

What's about bot provider then ? Should xat open his own bot provider :o ? As a bot owner, i have access to many chat passwords and ranks on many chats.

So... what you say makes no sense.

6 hours ago, Arthur said:

Ideally, xat should develop its own ID-trading feature, where transactions would be completely automated and the risk of scamming would be reduced to zero. This would also save volunteers' time as they wouldn't have to check the user xats before each transaction, and if a transaction involved stolen xats, it could be easily undone.

It seems like mobile is going to be finished soon, and they might run off the "we don't support ID transactions" zone be open to something new once it's done. They could keep the 5% fee idea, that way they would be able to make some profit from the page as well. 

As Brandon said, if you think xat will create this system in 2017 or 2018, you are wrong. :)

5 hours ago, Felipe said:

People won't probably use it because of the fee. They'd rather sell/or buy IDs for free than use this service that requires a fee.

More than 150 ids have been sold in less than a month when I ran it in 2013. You are wrong.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Why are people making assumptions as to why this won't work?

This service was already a success, but had to close due to complications. Jedi has come up with possible solutions to fix the system, and asked for opinions not for people to tell him why they assume it won't work.

How can you possibly say people won't sacrifice 5% when they already did?!

How can you possibly say people won't trust it when they already did?!

• Award 4

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, Stah said:

How can you possibly say people won't sacrifice 5% when they already did?!

So there was a 5% fee last time too? :$ Did volunteers get a share of this 5%?

If not, why are we suggesting paying vols now, when they weren't getting anything last time?

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Crow said:

So there was a 5% fee last time too? :$ Did volunteers get a share of this 5%?

If not, why are we suggesting paying vols now, when they weren't getting anything last time?

Due to one of the complications listed by Jedi; If scammed xats are used to purchase the ID, the seller loses the xats and the ID. Therefore, the share of the 5% is used to convince volunteers to help out, rather than just ask them and hope they will.

• Volunteers

I've not seen how this project had worked last time, but I think if XatID returned in the xat market, I think it would be a good idea.

XatID will be a way to reduce the scam rate, we have on xat (if, of course some people use it) and thus make the sale of id's easier.

About the '%5' thing, I see no problem with. 5% is nothing, why people are complaining? And if it can motivate volunteers to help even more this project to see if it's stolen xats or not, it's a good thing. But after we talk about volunteeers that have done this check.

If you are going to pay a volunteer who hasn't done it, it's not fair for other volunteers, because they took the time to DO it.

Or if volunteers don't have time to check for xats, why not propose a "method" to check whether the xats are stolen or not? I know this is not possible (I think), but for XatID, it would be great because I think there will not only an ID to check in a day but more, and since they ARE surely busy with other tickets... 

People talk about security, but sell the ID directly is safe ?

Ah yes the middleman! You believe a middleman is a method 'safe'? The middleman may well get away with xats.

I do not see why XatId could not work. Jedi has always been trusted on xat and it's not today that it will change.

Good luck to you if it can working.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Although it makes more sense for xat to offer this service, it is highly unlikely. ID's are becoming more and more of the rage as time progresses on this site. Although xat does not support the re-selling of IDs, it still happens to be quite popular. From being a previous main owner of a chat that allowed ID selling/buying, you tend to see users feeling nervous or scared of being scammed through the ID process. I personally feel that this would make some things easier and more utile, with the down side being not knowing if the xats are all considered safe enough. 

The 5% does make sense and I fully support that, whether it be volunteers, the xat admin or developers that receive that. To say that you feel that a xat user running such a system isn't a good idea, let me say this....

Xat is based around users. They allow users to become volunteers. They allow users to answer tickets. They allow users to run their own bot service. They allow users to make smileys for them. They allow users to share their ideas and suggestions.

Xat obviously must trust their volunteers, no? I mean... they're "normal" users too, right? They volunteer their time to do IMPORTANT stuff for xat. I really don't see much of a problem by allowing a normal somewhat known user to run such a thing. It proves that xat is user-based and allows users to create things for them. We trust normal users that got selected to be a support system. We trust normal users that decided to run a bot system. Personally, don't see THAT much of a difference.

The only real concern is proving that all xats that go into the system are "safe". 

• Award 2

• Volunteers

I love volunteers as much as the next guy, but I don't see the justification in giving them 5% (or even half of that) for what Jedi himself thought would only be 10 minutes work. We're going to see a lot of volunteers with everypower and low IDs, I think. :$

• Members
8 minutes ago, Elie said:

You didn't check the xats.

You just made sure you had both the link/k2 and the xats before proceeding. That's simple work.

What is considered hardwork then? Explain to us the process of checking xat.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, Dad said:

What is considered hardwork then? Explain to us the process of checking xat.

It's not hard, but it is a little time consuming and complicated.

We log into the ticket system and take the ID of the user. We then input it and see what they ordered from our menu; the only thing on our menu is the Krabby Patty. It is made out of a frozen hamburger with fresh seaweed lettuce, crisp onions and tomatoes with undersea cheese, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and with a secret formula. Sometimes we add plankton.

• Award 5

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Elie said:

You didn't check the xats.

You just made sure you had both the link/k2 and the xats before proceeding. That's simple work.

Misunderstood. I did what was possible to do for any user. 

Anyway, in my opinion that's either you're picking an external website to do internal stuff while bringing some conflict of interest between the developer(s) of the website, the volunteers and the users, either you integer it to internal stuff and it's working fine.

Maybe we're expecting different xatID websites? There are trustworthy bot hosters, why not having different websites? Why would a specific user be picked while there are plenty of users?  

PS: This is sarcastic. I don't see how it could be ran fairly without it being ran by xat itself.

• Volunteers
51 minutes ago, Elie said:

how many of you guys would do this for free

You're right. If I were a current volunteer, I wouldn't increase my workload for nothing. Therefore, I would suggest altering someone's role (i.e. less responsibility with tickets), or giving someone else a promotion to specifically do this job.

This is my alternative to giving volunteers X% of the xats from the sale.(cute)

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Crow said:

You're right. If I were a current volunteer, I wouldn't increase my workload for nothing. Therefore, I would suggest altering someone's role (i.e. less responsibility with tickets), or giving someone else a promotion to specifically do this job.

This is my alternative to giving volunteers X% of the xats from the sale.(cute)

Demotion tbh