xatid

Jedi

• Volunteers

Sounds like a solid idea. Not only reduces scams, but allows a deal when the seller is offline too.

59 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The seller can change the price if it's not auction.

The seller can remove his id if it's not in an auction ongoing.

Have admins ever auctioned second-hand IDs before? Just curious if this is a thing.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Crow said:

Sounds like a solid idea. Not only reduces scams, but allows a deal when the seller is offline too.

Have admins ever auctioned second-hand IDs before? Just curious if this is a thing.

From what i gather this is roughly a system they would use as it would be slightly harder in regards because previous owners etc. This could be exactly that.

• Advanced Members

I kinda agree with Jedi (only developers to be paied, not volunteers, sorry :$) because they worked hard about this thing.

Also, I agree with Sydno too. Middleman make that for free, because they enjoy what they do. (i'm not a big fan of selling/buying ids) 

But yeah, in life you have to pay for best things, and 5-10% (or even more) it's a good thing. It's like buying a new house and you have to pay the owner and the middleman (50% here), lol :$

• Advanced Members

XatID was an awesome and very unique system and I would very much like to see it return.

I do not agree that Jedi (and the developers) should make absolutely nothing out of this service, after all, time was spent making it and money will be needed to keep the website running.

Taking 5% is not a lot and it might not even cover the monthly payments to keep the site up, but it's a little reward if anything. Of course it made it to help users but something of this scale is certainly not easy to create and I believe the developers should be rewarded, and the volunteer who checked the xats on the specific ID will have an incentive to help out.

I have a question, though. What changes have been made to stop the IDs being stuck to the server's IP? Registering, waiting 2 weeks, and deleting to get a new k2? @Jedi

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Sydno said:

Then I'm against. Many middlemen do it for free, and considering the fact it would be a xat tool (volunteers would need to check the xats), it has to be free.

Is this a way to help users or to make money?

Many middlemen? Can you list them? I would like to know how many times they got held cause of stolen xats on their account.

Bot providers are xat tool too. But it's not free, cause customers pays servers + the service itself.

8 minutes ago, Crow said:

I'd rather risk the scam tbh. :$

Please make it free!

Please for 5%? 5% of 50,000 xats is 2,500 xats. It's better than losing everything.

1 minute ago, Stah said:

I have a question, though. What changes have been made to stop the IDs being stuck to the server's IP? Registering, waiting 2 weeks, and deleting to get a new k2? @Jedi

The best way would be to not be forced to re-register an id to get a new k2. :p

• Award 1

• Volunteers
3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Please for 5%? 5% of 50,000 xats is 2,500 xats. It's better than losing everything.

With a middleman, you're not losing everything, and you don't have to pay 5% and that's when people use a middleman.

If I were to buy/sell an ID, I would never pay other charges for that, I know I know some of my trustworthy friends would do that for free.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Sydno said:

With a middleman, you're not losing everything, and you don't have to pay 5% and that's when people use a middleman.

If I were to buy/sell an ID, I would never pay other charges for that, I know I know some of my trustworthy friends would do that for free.

Many middlemen? Can you list them? I would like to know how many times they got held cause of stolen xats on their account.

Still the same question.

• Advanced Members

I don't mind the 5% either. From a business perspective, I find it quite ridiculous to make this a free service as it wasn't made overnight. Let's not forget their service fees. In addition, it is super-efficient in the sense that IDs can be sold/bought instantaneously. This also guarantees no scam which is a mental comfort. I would be glad to pay my dues to a service that makes my job easier.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

I would not give 5% to use this service and there are many people in the trading community who would agree me. 

But I agree that if it were created, you deserve some sort of compensation/income to keep the servers going. 

Why not use Adsense? That way you make money without your users losing any. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I've been buying ids and is a middleman though i've not been held or something and i even use my main account when buying ids from someone and but i agree with this project Jedi had come up with, it's more efficient to buyers and sellers and when it comes to avoid being scammed and being held.( i wouldn't really mind giving 5% as a reward for making an efficient system like this)

I have questions about this though..

On the chat between sellers and buyers they discuss with prices on an id so

when you say, ''The seller can change the price if it's not auction.'' what about the buyers they don't have the option on the site to get a preferred price they want or to ask for a lower price on the id? or they have to ask the seller on the chat.

With ids on sale can the buyers be able to know whos who are selling the ids? ( a page where we can see the list of sellers and ids they are selling)

• Advanced Members

xatID was a great project and it worked perfectly (except for the location problems which wasn't really Jedi's fault). I fully support it coming back.

About the 5% thing... of course it makes sense to make some profit off of this. He can't develop it over night. If you're spending thousands on an ID, 5% for a safe, reliable way of buying it should be fine. Plus it comes with the added bonus of having to do close to no work to find the ID (you don't need to scout xatspaces looking for an ID you like, you don't have to convince the seller to PC you, you don't have to deal with language barriers, you don't have to arrange a common meeting time, you don't have to find a middleman you both trust, etc.) and that alone is probably worth 5% in most cases.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Harrison said:

Why not use Adsense? That way you make money without your users losing any. 

Adsense is literally useless unless you already have existing traffic, as it may just annoy and cause optimisation issues from the get go. 5% is nothing.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

It looks like a lot of people want this, but don't want any fee to go to volunteers for verifying transactions. I can understand this, but there are some things to consider.

Volunteers would either collect some sort of fee for spending their time verifying transactions, or xat would collect the fee and offer volunteers' services. In the first scenario, volunteers would collect a portion of the fee. In the other scenario, xat would collect a portion of the fee. Either way, I can assure you we're not going to be adding more work to our agenda just for some community project, no matter how useful it may be.

I personally think it's a great idea overall though. I would happily pay a 5% fee to significantly reduce risk.

Another thing to consider: What happens when stolen xats enter the system and are forcefully removed by xat? What happens since there would then be insufficient funds in the pool of funds?

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can assure you we're not going to be adding more work to our agenda just for some community project, no matter how useful it may be.

Another thing to consider: What happens when stolen xats enter the system and are forcefully removed by xat? What happens since there would then be insufficient funds in the pool of funds?

Although you wouldn't like volunteers to split the xats, that's what is suppose to answer your question. It was proposed that volunteers would check all xats going through the system, to make sure they aren't stolen. If volunteers refuse, then the system cannot continue.

Why wouldn't you want to help if you get a share of the xats? Let's say an ID is sold for 50k and the xats are split 60/30 between developers and the volunteer respectfully, you would receive 750 xats for spending a bit of time checking the xats (is that unreasonable?).

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I've declined quite a few middleman offers simply because I didn't want to have to be connected to a transaction in case the xats/k2 ended up being shady. 

I like the idea, but would the 5% that goes to volunteers/devs be split up between all the volunteers and devs? Would it be considered as profit aka "spending money", or would it be kept for an idea like Brandon had where there are "insufficient funds in the pool of funds"? Or both? 

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Stah said:

Why wouldn't you want to help if you get a share of the xats?

You misinterpreted what I meant. I should have been more clear. I meant to say that we won't be doing more work for nothing in return. Either volunteers have to get a share of the fee, or volunteers get nothing and xat collects the fee instead. But if neither get to collect on the fee, then we're not adding more work to our plate for nothing.

The fact that volunteers would get any share of a fee is arguable by itself. There's no question xat staff would have to approve of that first.

• Award 1