Forum Server Changes

Brandon

• Advanced Members

The forum server was updated. You should see some performance improvements, although it was already pretty fast.

Please post here if something isn't working properly. Although our PHP version is supported, it was only recently officially recommended, so there might be some areas that need tweaking. Just keep your eyes open!

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I have this strange experience after the updates. I often login on forum using mobile when i'm in skole, after the updates every time i close the forum page for a couple of minutes using mobile i get logout automatically, it doesn't happen to me before even if i close the page the whole day i'm still logged in every time i open the forum page as long as i don't logout or clear my clear browsing history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

Also did anyone experience the issue when you "Submit Reply" and it doesn't post it?

Happened often to me for quite some time.

(To get it posted, i then have to copy the whole post and open the topic in a new tab and then paste and submit.)

• Award 3

• Volunteers
28 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Also did anyone experience the issue when you "Submit Reply" and it doesn't post it?

Happened often to me for quite some time.

(To get it posted, i then have to copy the whole post and open the topic in a new tab and then paste and submit.)

It's been happening for like a really long time now. I also had an occurrence where I clicked Submit and it didn't work so I clicked it again and it ended up posting like 3 times. The same thing happens on status replies/updates. It seems to happen when you reply with really long responses like it sorta freezes. It can be really annoying! :'( 

• Award 1

• Volunteers
32 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Same, but only when I'm browsing forums on my phone (been happening since June). As Lemona says, it can be risky territory when it happens (swt).

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Crow said:

Same, but only when I'm browsing forums on my phone (been happening since June). As Lemona says, it can be risky territory when it happens (swt).

Same, it does the same thing to me only when i'm in mobile.

• 8 months later...
  • Advanced Members

Hey @Brandon is your topic. Hi - I think this topic is good for this suggestion. (swt)
I see so much new stuff, especially with IPB 4.2 , Why not here in this fórum.
It is a lot of useful, how to vote for greetings or vote that you do not like a little good or amazingly good.
Members Reputation - Reputation Settings
What Reactions are you going to use (include icon ideas)
Reactions.
Quite simply, reactions allow users to offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, and so users expect to be able to be more nuanced in their response to something they see.
Let's see how they work in a post, and then cover the options you'll have available.

- Thanks

- Confused

- Sad

- Haha
- Others . .  .
reactions.gif.e3e1974c1fe8430b16ad11831a
- Or you can only one, or more - react_like.gif.5a92a1a08134a95c54f21a555
react_mobile.gif.c57fbe45056fe6639b99d7d
You can add many icon smile image or gif, ten if you need or more.
You can change any smile icon gif, if you do not like one change another. You can make any change, I think this may be useful here.
It is not necessary to use these smiles that I have used in the picture, you can change whatever you want.
The first video is made by me, the other image is taken from the official forum sites.
I hope you enjoy.
58da52a56eab0_Reputation2017-03-2808-09-Edit: Ipdate this image final.

This topic is closed.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Hi @Bau,

That forum version is going to be one of IPS's biggest updates. For that reason, it's only available for beta testing at the moment while they fix any last issues. We will wait until a public release before our forum is updated. There are definitely some exciting features coming!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

@Brandon - Yes, I know, thank you :$ I'm waiting for changes.  (hug) xD
@SlOom - Yes, you can make any smile to replace, add a lot 1 or two or ten or more. You can add a picture or gif, you can add names and voting rooms. :$

Edit: Here you can add / Delete  / changed
58da52a56eab0_Reputation2017-03-2808-09-

• Award 1