Email & Password change option on the Login screen

xJacob

• Advanced Members

Hello to all,

This idea came to my mind few days ago, but I'm posting it today. 

Don't you think we all should be able to change our Emails' and Passwords' without opening a ticket? 

Like xat has added options to delete mobile devices, don't you think the admins should add tab to change email and password?

(P.S: to change password you have to do forgot pass every time which gets annoying)

Example Picture:

OkpERP9.png

(I created this page with HTML)

*Edit #1: Sorry, I forgot to mention, When you change your email, it should send a confirmation message to the current email and once you click the link in your email, then your account will be on your new email.

• Advanced Members

You do not need to open a ticket to change your password, go to login and once logged in hit "Change password".

Sure xat could allow you to change your email, but honestly, what difference does it make? As Lemona said, if anything it makes your account harder to get back if it does get compromised, you would end up needing to make a new account to open a ticket under lost access instead of just recovering your email yourself and have your xat account back as soon as your email is back in your possession.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Lemona said:

So what happens when someone gets into your account then changes your password and email? 

22 minutes ago, Stah said:

You do not need to open a ticket to change your password, go to login and once logged in hit "Change password".

Sure xat could allow you to change your email, but honestly, what difference does it make? As Lemona said, if anything it makes your account harder to get back if it does get compromised, you would end up needing to make a new account to open a ticket under lost access instead of just recovering your email yourself and have your xat account back as soon as your email is back in your possession.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, When you change your email, it should send a confirmation message to the current email and once you click the link in your email, then your account will be on your new email.

• Advanced Members

Good to see this brought up again. The first thing that comes to mind is phishers/scammers running away with the account. 

All admins have to do is add a 2-step verification, possibly an alternative e-mail and/or a personal question & answer. 

The only downfall to this is that users' will tend to lose access to the alternative e-mail and the personal questions/answers. This is probably what is holding admins' back from adding these features, because it would create more work for volunteers.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Sean said:

Good to see this brought up again. The first thing that comes to mind is phishers/scammers running away with the account. 

All admins have to do is add a 2-step verification, possibly an alternative e-mail and/or a personal question & answer. 

Yes ^ That can be a way too, Alt email.

• Advanced Members

I'd really not agree having a feature where we can change our own email without needing to open a ticket, like what Lemona said what happens when someone gets into your account and changes your password and email, so how are you going to login on your account and if you got compromised you will still need to open a ticket. Despite of having security protections on our account there's still some people who gets their account compromised.

3 hours ago, xJacob said:

(P.S: to change password you have to do forgot pass every time which gets annoying)

Well changing password doesn't really take time and to not forget your password make sure to it note down somewhere.