How to use mobile background

Nezhit

• Bot Service Providers

First of all, hello.

I will teach how to use background mobile LIKE XAT_TEST

Enter on your chat Edit:

2hzqxlc.png

Then you entered, you need to put the css code bellow on "Background" field:

background:#000} #chat embed{background:url(http://xat.com/images/XatBack.jpg);}

Note: change http://xat.com/images/XatBack.jpg for your chat background as you want.

Now enable "Transparent" option:

zswqxe.png

Save all changes, now go to Chat Box Settings

ih6uep.png

Ok, now you just need to add a background that you want to works on mobile on the field "Background":

25ewy2x.png

And save all, done!

• Award 1

• Contributors
7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Hopefully this is a very temporary solution.

It's most likely a temporary solution.

Just a minor changes to the app itself and you can change the background, but the changes would happen on chat itself.

A solution I came up with would be something like this - http://prntscr.com/cm6eeu. Sorta like PCback, but this would work too on mobile in theory. 

• Advanced Members

Ideally there would be a separate spot in the settings (not in the application) to set a mobile background. This is more user-friendly and accommodates people who don't have a phone but still want their chat to look nice for mobile users.

This is an obvious solution, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't implemented this way.

• Award 3

• Volunteers
35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Ideally there would be a separate spot in the settings (not in the application) to set a mobile background. This is more user-friendly and accommodates people who don't have a phone but still want their chat to look nice for mobile users.

This is an obvious solution, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't implemented this way.

Having abackground specially for mobile is better, i agree. It will improving a better mobile experience with all these low background quality we have actually. So actually, Maverick's idea sounds to be good.

But there are still a problem about phone screen size, if the screen size is more smaller than the mobile background, it will look not good unless if the background is adapted wiith the screen size.

I like the idea of having a separate 'spot' in the settings to set a mobile for background. It would be more 'organized' for chat backgrounds.

Something like that would be nice instead of using differents fields implanted on Chat settings. The one from editgroup.php and the one from chat.php)

6a1smxG.png

For example, if the field 'Mobile background' is empty, it should use a default one (made for mobile, not a one for chat) instead of the chat background. (Rip quality)

Because, according to Maverick's idea (last line on his last post), it would be not good to having everything on the same field separate of a '#', because on a css, you use '#' (I'm sure) and it will be confused after to check for background1/background2 unless if there are a field for css ? .. and anyway, i think, there is a limit for, so a separate spot would be better. After let's see with admins if they agree with all the ideas suggested to improving a better view on mobile/web.

• Award 1