Embed not working

Stormingstar

Question

• Members

For some reason I can't copy any of the "embed" text in order to add my chat box to my website. It doesn't matter what chat box I'm trying to copy from, including chats that I previously embedded. A red circle with a line for it shows up and wont allow me to copy. Am I missing something or do I need to open a ticket? I've also tried on multiple browsers and still the same thing.

I've been using xat since it was created. I would hate to use another chat box but I'll have to until I can figure out why this is happening.

8 answers to this question

• Volunteers
12 minutes ago, Stormingstar said:

For some reason I can't copy any of the "embed" text in order to add my chat box to my website. It doesn't matter what chat box I'm trying to copy from, including chats that I previously embedded. A red circle with a line for it shows up and wont allow me to copy. Am I missing something or do I need to open a ticket? I've also tried on multiple browsers and still the same thing.

I've been using xat since it was created. I would hate to use another chat box but I'll have to until I can figure out why this is happening.

Just click the code embed in the text area, and press ctrl + c, normally it should working. (If you mean the code embed from embed.php)

c9wlryc.gif

Or if it doesn't work, press ctrl + u to open source code of the page, search for 'copy the code below to your page' with ctrl + f and copy the code between <textarea> and </textarea>. :) 

dy4Bz8C.png

• Advanced Members

Hello.

Even though you get that red circle, you should still be able to copy the embed code. That circle just indicates that you cannot edit the text.

It embed code generator appears to be working fine.

If you tell me the chat name, I will get the embed code for you.