Home Button Customization

FrozenZuke

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Junior said:

Ok, we should also have AvatarsShadowGLOW/COLOR, ChatButtonGLOW, SmileyBarGLOW, ChatTabsGLOE/COLOR, ChatPoolsGLOW/COLOR,

Am I missing anyone else?

The home button is part of the name, since the name can change different colors why not the home button?

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Xat is not Disneyland (cc Jedi). I don't know why you want a power for something who's used 50% of the time.

What's the reason of this power and why you want it ? Seriously, we have enough "things" to customize what we have on xat. (Basically 70%)

I don't see this suggestion being made because it's useless to "change" the color of the homepage. If it does not look good with your name, just don't use it. (Sorry if this part had already been said lol)

After what it would be after? The home does not match with your namegrad so we need a grad power for the home ??? No no and no again.

That's my opinion. If admins really wanted to make that, it would be already done but since actually, we are still waiting for other powers (you know what), i don't think it will be made or just not now. 

Anyway (i think or i'm probably wrong), they have to redo a new version of the home to accept RGB colors and i don't think, they will lose time on it. If it's blue, it's for a reason. (Probably to look for the general blue from xat planet?)

• Award 1

• Volunteers

The only scenario where I'd consider changing the color of the home-page background, would be to combine it with the color of the buttons.

Button colors are always set to match with the chat background colors. So it makes sense to have the icons background combined too.

What I'll suggest is: xat can change the way that 'Button colors' field works (I'm referring to the field below):

0ac0a3f9fbe94ef5bcb3fbc3ab1bf669.png

The color code applied there would also change the color of the home-page background (would be a feature-approach idea, free to main owners) 

Below, a power-approach idea, requiring name powers. You'd change the color through a macro but it would require power(s) to do so

$homepage=COLORCODE#GRAD#FLAG

If you have namecolor, you can change the color of the background.

If you have namegrad, you can set a gradient color

If you have namewave, you can set a wave effect

If you have nameflag, you can set a flag (not sure if it would be possible since the icon is too small).

So it wouldn't need a new power for you to change your own home-page background color, but existent ones (and related to name modification)

One more thing:

The get xats, help and eight ball icons also have colors that I wish I could change but they don't annoy me. They look good, same for the home-page.

Light blue is sweet. Imagine if the background color was yellow or red instead! 

Thanks for reading.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
Just now, LaFleur said:

No one said a power should be required for this. 

Xat is all about personal customization, if my name is in red glow, then i prefer that my homepage is in red as well.

Use CSS then to change it your end

• Volunteers
17 minutes ago, Cyan said:

you can change the colour of the scroll for free...

Scroll is colorable, homepage icon is not.

Even if it must be free, it requires admins effort to redo the icon colorable but actually, they have much better to do.

• Advanced Members

I agree with Cupim's idea where the main owner of a chat is able to match the home colour with the button colour, other than that I don't think we need to be able to add glows and whatnot to the home button and honestly sometimes I forget it's even there. 

• Advanced Members

I wouldn't mind having this. Having to customize my homepage button's color to match with my name's glow/color would be amazing. We get to match our name's glow with our pawn, etc. so why not having a feature like this as long as this is a free feature. If this is gonna happen in the future i think there shouldn't have a rush on this as we all know Admins has a lot of important things to do than this.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 9/24/2016 at 5:51 AM, Cupim said:

The only scenario where I'd consider changing the color of the home-page background, would be to combine it with the color of the buttons.

Button colors are always set to match with the chat background colors. So it makes sense to have the icons background combined too.

What I'll suggest is: xat can change the way that 'Button colors' field works (I'm referring to the field below):

0ac0a3f9fbe94ef5bcb3fbc3ab1bf669.png

The color code applied there would also change the color of the home-page background (would be a feature-approach idea, free to main owners) 

Below, a power-approach idea, requiring name powers. You'd change the color through a macro but it would require power(s) to do so

$homepage=COLORCODE#GRAD#FLAG

If you have namecolor, you can change the color of the background.

If you have namegrad, you can set a gradient color

If you have namewave, you can set a wave effect

If you have nameflag, you can set a flag (not sure if it would be possible since the icon is too small).

So it wouldn't need a new power for you to change your own home-page background color, but existent ones (and related to name modification)

One more thing:

The get xats, help and eight ball icons also have colors that I wish I could change but they don't annoy me. They look good, same for the home-page.

Light blue is sweet. Imagine if the background color was yellow or red instead! 

Thanks for reading.

ok just to see how it would look i made the home button follow the color of all other buttons from chat settings

37c8d09b08094b1ca6cb042886649a94.png28aa60e25fd34d2cb884e3bf22915922.png9ec91256dd334916a53e299bd82f6423.png

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 9/23/2016 at 5:13 PM, FrozenZuke said:

The home button is part of the name, since the name can change different colors why not the home button?

I actually agree with this a lot. I would never want to see things like colored text, but in this case we have a situation where we can color the name how we want, but not the homepage which sits right next to the name.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

@Brandon @Cupim I don't know if this is taking it too far but, what if you can change the house to a limited icon. 

Just like when a power comes out it comes with limited pawns good for 1 week.

When a holiday power like Halloween comes out, why not have the choice to change the house to a pumpkin for 1 week. This pumpkin would be available if you buy the Halloween power it comes with.

Another idea is that a "House" power comes out that allows you to change the color of your house, and when the Halloween power comes out, the house power will allow you to change your house to the limited house of the week. (Basically Hat power but for the House)

What do you think?

• Award 2