Pawn function

Fiona

• Advanced Members

Hello,

My idea is to add function for not to need to desactivate a pawn for use other pawn.

Example: If you want to use purple pawn you dont need to desactivate everypower or gold.

$pawn=blueman

$pawn=pink

$pawn=purple

$pawn=gold

$pawn=everypower

Cupim help me to suggested $pawn 

• Advanced Members

I see how it would be easy with having a function (macros feature) like this if you have all the pawns enabled at once and you want to use only one pawn. 

There's other bit easy way to enable and disable powers on the chat without looking through all of the powers on your power's list using /-powername (disable) and /+powername (enable).

• Contributors

That was a glitch when Everypower (Ruby) was first released and was up for about 3-4 months on that day and year, but it was fixed. 

You were able to use the purple pawn while using the gold smilies. (Not anymore).  Also, you could have done this a few weeks ago until it was fixed.

Unfortunately I don't think this would be returning back anytime soon.

Personally I would like this to happen and this is a great suggestion, but do the nature of how pawns work on the userlist and load into chats, it would be fairly complex to pull off. (Well, not if admins wanted it to make it work).

We also have those /- /+ function.

• Advanced Members

So would you be keeping the powers (purple, blueman, gold, etc.) on while you still used everypower or vice versa? I feel like this would pull purpose away from the already (kind of) shortcuts we have like /-blueman /+blueman. 

That isn't to say I dislike the idea though, but it would need a bit of expanding, I think. 

• Volunteers

I don't think it's really useful ... if you want to use a pawn, just use the cmds "/-" and "/+" .. Because after, how are you going to disable the pawn, you set with the macro ? 

if there is a macro "$pawn=off", and it goes off on the last pawn enabled on your account, why not.

After, it's only my opinion.

• Advanced Members

I fully understand this suggestion and its purpose. It's a good idea, but we already have a simpler alternative which is simply /+ and /-'ing the respective pawn. This implemention wouldn't really be necessary.

• Advanced Members

I think it's a good idea on the basis of being able to use the gold smilies when you want the purple pawn (requiring gold to be disabled)

Maybe instead of adding a work around for pawns, we could look into an alternative for using pawn smilies while the power is off (i.e disabling gold will only disable the pawn, and not the ability to use the smilies).

If what Maverick said was accurate, maybe we could so some convincing to get this added back. 

• Award 2

• Contributors
1 hour ago, Stah said:

If what Maverick said was accurate, maybe we could so some convincing to get this added back. 

Remember when Purple got an update with the smilie and the hat code?

Your pawn was purple on the userlist, but in chat your pawn was Ruby. (Depending on the pawns you had).That was something similar to it.  (That's what I meant by a few weeks ago as well).

I do have a screenie - http://prnt.sc/c0n5z5 (Only of the hat code though)

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Stah said:

I think it's a good idea on the basis of being able to use the gold smilies when you want the purple pawn (requiring gold to be disabled)

Maybe instead of adding a work around for pawns, we could look into an alternative for using pawn smilies while the power is off (i.e disabling gold will only disable the pawn, and not the ability to use powers).

Oh yea that's true... Forgot about the gold smilies