Glitched auction?

Crow

Question

• Volunteers

My friend Leeeeentje (171800528) was bidding on 143143, and after 2 hours and 20 minutes, the timer finally ran down. It said she'd won:

http://prnt.sc/cjkpz0

We both saw the timer go down to 0. However, when I refreshed a few minutes later, it said her opponent had won:

http://prntscr.com/cjku6v

Presumably there was some sort of glitch with the timer? I thought I'd report it anyway!

5 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

You're right that there may have been some sort of glitch, however I think it may lie within the fact that the bids were submitted near the same time or almost instantly after each other and the table took longer than usual to update or some outlying situation that admins have not accounted for.

At least this has been put on the radar and if it happens in again the future, I am sure it will be investigated.

As for your friend, it must be gutting after all that time, but... there's always next time!

• Advanced Members

Yeah, I was mistaken about the cache issue.

All I can do is try and take a shot in the dark and guess what would have happened, but it's obviously been some kind of occurrence that has not been foreseen by administrators and that's what caused the problem. As this is a one time thing, as it might just be that one time it happens and it would be hard to try and fix something that has little data to no data attached to it , however if this problem is brought up again it may be possible to find the source.

At this point, the result isn't going to be reversed and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

• Members

It had worked fine for almost 3 hours - every single time I refreshed the page, it was 100% updated. 

I know it was working perfectly fine for me at the very end as well, because as I continued to refresh, the timer continued to go down every single time. If the page wasn't being updated - then surely the timer wouldn't be updating either?

And also, his previous bid was 145000. Therefore he wouldn't have been able to bid again with 150011 if he already had a bid. I bid my 150000, and that's how it stayed for the remainder of the time. For the previous 2 1/2 hours he had never bid straight after me, and it would always go down to the last 40 seconds.