Xat - My story

Tosan139

• Members

Wow. Let me let this sink in. Its 2016 and I'm actually posting here with my head held up high? Damn. I know its just the internet and I don't want to make this sound dramatic, but xat became my second family during my run here from 2008-2011. 

Who am I?

I'm the guy who backstabbed my xat friend Dario and backstabbed so many others on here. I was infamous at the time, irrelevant now. Though, I'd rather be irrelevant and loved for the right reasons then be infamous for the wrong reasons. I am Tosan139, and this is my xat story.

It was 2008. Me and my family of five were living in a one room motel and I didn't have many friends due to how embarrased I was for living in one. I love my family and will always protect them, but I needed something more. I needed, acceptance in the form of friendship. So, what do I find? This place. Yes, xat!  It was a simple time - No powers. No greed. Fantastic people like ackirbachu, rafe and so on. I automaticlly hurried to the anime rooms and even found myself a few girlfriends... which is major cringe looking back. Anyway, I found that piece I was looking for. Time passes and I find several homes on here. Heck, I even got to be a forum moderator here long before Chrisss or Jamesey got that award! Haha, though I feel like that started a chain of events that went out of control. I was doing great and happy on here... until my friend introduced me to powers (the new xat thing!) My young eyes sparkled and I instantly got a couple. I be like - Awesome! I can wear a hat now! Though, that was really when my immaturity took over my sense of thinking logically. You see, I didn't have much money at the time. I wanted more. I wanted power on xat. So, I got more involved with trade and drooled when I eventually hit 20k xats, a 7 digit and allpowers. I could of ended it there. My family and I moved to an actual house and I acquired some xat fame.

Lol @ xatfame.. Seriously. Xat fame means nothing guys. Being a good person does. So, what came next? Purple Power was released and I craved it! I needed that power! So, I worked for it and acquired it honestly. Was I happy? Maybe for two days. My greed began to outweigh my feelings for my friends here so I did it. I scammed a purple and much more and fled. At this point Chrisssy was so dissapointed in me. She searched for me and even talked to me and said -

"Its not to late Tosan". I didn't listen. I eventually dug a hole and dug it deeper. I made excuses. I did it for power. Then, Dario confronts me. He trusted me. He believed me. He lent me his purple... and I fled again. Yes, I scammed a second purple. People lost faith in me and at that point I finally lost faith in myself. I then gave it back and.. quit xat for good. I made friends in my new school and found a deep passion for anime. Quitting xat was rough, but it saved me from doing something worse on xat. 

I wanna say - I am sorry. I am sorry xat. I am sorry Dario. Listen guys. It you start feeling greedy for xat powers or power on here, stop. Its an endless cycle. Ask somebody who dealt with it. Ask somebody who through it all away. I know Chrisss and others have forgiven me, and that makes me so happy. Tosan is back on xat forums and maybe one day xat itself. Any questions or comments? Leave them. I can answer all.

• Advanced Members
56 minutes ago, Elie said:

Is there a tl;dr for this

Being a good person > xat fame. Stay humble and value your friends, no matter how rich or poor you are. 

He regrets he allowed greed overcome him, and now he is looking for forgiveness, which Is admirable. 

Been on xat for 8 years, and no matter how poor or rich I was, I always valued friendship more than xats. It's a good thing you figured that out too. It's never too late turning a new leaf. 

Good luck with rebuilding some bridges you burned, and I wish you nothing but the best.

Welcome back!

• Award 2

• Members
8 hours ago, Crow said:

I'd be interested in Dario's response to this. :$ It's nice to have you back, anyway!

What advice would you give to somebody who's already spent a lot of money on xat?

I think that in life you need and should live in a way which makes you happy and be able to look yourself in the mirror with a high head. Of course, the methods you use should be legal and/or not the wrong one.

As long as you are earning those xats in a respectable way and it makes you happy, continue to do it. Just remember what's really important. 

Thanks guys, its great to be back. I won't be here everyday due to life, but I will as much as possible.

• Advanced Members

You really did not need to be so honest.  People will not remember.  Just a few of us.  It takes bravery to do that.

It also makes you a better person.  If I have tried to instill something..it would be this.  Hold your head high.

There is no shame in being who you are, as long as we learn from our mistakes and move forward.

For the person who asked what Dario thinks....He felt forgiveness.  This I can ensure.  Was he happy at the time? Of course not.

xat has changed, from the place you once knew.  We have reformed official staff and wiki editors, and main owners, and even volunteers.

The community is more forgiving then it once was.  We have volunteers who have a job to do and try to instill values less.

Just do not let the temptation reach you.  Don't give the devil his due, and you will be fine. <3

• Award 2

• Members

Thank you Jamesey.

Yes. Yes. Thank you Chrisss. When I left you guys back in 2011 I was still in highschool and without direction, but now I'm a man that no longer cares about powers on xat and no longer will let temptation pull me in. I want to make one thing clear -

This is the longest I've used xat in five years and I must say its already bringing back memories. Some great and of course some sour. Though, humans live and learn. I've learned and I know what I want to do on xat from now on - 

I want to help guide the new users of any chatroom who feel lonely or went through what I did. Everybody needs somebody to talk to and I can be that guide. Somebody with experience. I'm not sure how I'll be able to do this, but anything can be done if you put your mind and effort towards it.

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, James said:

Welcome back.  Quack Quack. 

Someone give this guy a warning point. (swt) (liking his own post)

Hi, Tosan. Welcome back to xat/forum. Glad you made ur way back to xat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 03.09.2016 at 3:10 PM, 6 said:

Someone give this guy a warning point. (swt) (liking his own post)

Hi, Tosan. Welcome back to xat/forum. Glad you made ur way back to xat.

Hahaha, Quack Quack. lol :$

Tosan139, welcome back bro (hug) 

• Award 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Dario said:

No need to apologize my friend, I forgive you. I never held it against you, you were my friend regardless of the circumstances.

It's nice hearing from you after all these years, keep in touch.

Regards,

Dario

Its really nice to see you again man! Chrisss, Jamesey and Dario in the same thread? Feels like a blast from the past from these forums. 

If you ever want to talk on a chat, I can try to organize a time with you.

Goes for everybody too.

• Award 1