Suggestion (Alarm power).

IDIMA

• Advanced Members

This power allows you to add a time and when the added time ends an alert sound will be sent to you just like bump power.

The benefits from the suggested power:

1.  For instance when the waiting time before a specific power gets released is one hour through my suggestion you can adjust a time for yourself where the time you set is synchronized with the time you have to wait  before a new power gets released after one hour passes you should be alerted with a sound that the new power is available this is good for people who are doing something else without realizing  that a new power is about to release.
  2.  If you would like to promote your chat after a certain time.
  3.  Or you can set a time when it finishes you go sleep or work etc because you could waste time without attention so the power is just a reminder to some stuff you may not be aware of.

All you have to do is typing /alarm60 within one hour you will be alerted or after half an hour type /alarm30 or hour and a half /alarm90  Etc..

Note: the time is set to minutes and not seconds 

one hour= 60 minutes

one hour and a half= 90 minutes

two hours= 120 minutes.

What's your opinion?

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

I like this idea.

Maybe a long with the sound there could be a kiss-style animation of a ringing clock when the alarm goes off.

Also /alarmall which sets an alarm for everyone on the chat (if you have the required minrank). This would cost extra xats. 

• Advanced Members

Crow brought up an important point, xat will automatically sign you out after 15 minutes (and some chat bots will kick you if you don't talk every 30 mins if you're staff). So this wouldn't even work properly.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

I agree with Stah/Crow.  I think a reminder command on a bot could maybe be implemented. You could set the bot to remind you with a bump and your message within a 1-15 minute time frame. Other than that, this wouldn't really work considering you'd be signed out and also the fact that there's many other ways to set an alarm.

• Volunteers

Help bot is sometimes a 30 minutes alarm already.

Why not adding this to hush? There already is a timer function on it (hush#w20) for a 20 seconds timer.

It works for longer timers, I just tested (hush#w120). 

Only need to add a bump sound when the timer is ended.

Otherwise, even if it's totally unecessary, that would be somehow cool.

• Advanced Members

I have something to say about this thread, when we talk about powers what are important and what aren't we should bear in mind that xat has made duplicated powers (not needed) and  non-duplicated powers yet not needed and very less important compared to other powers anyway all people know that for real, and people who have EP are bound to buy those powers to keep their EP running.

About auto-sign out after fifteen minutes, you can simply use away power to prevent this from happening to you while you're away doing something else. In my opinion this power can be used if you only have away power so that the chat doesn't disconnect you. And ultimately this is my opinion.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Stah said:

Or, instead of paying for a power that gives you an alarm, use an online one for free (or even your computer!) or your phone or an actual alarm.

Agree with this, there is no need to make an alarm power. Actually it would be quite redundand.

I use the windows 10 countdown for any kind of alarms, your pc keeps ringing until you press the "ok i heard it mate button".

dd5cfbb205552e10a6b8c36b56d030ae.png

As you see, i had already named it "xat store".

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
49 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Agree with this, there is no need to make an alarm power. Actually it would be quite redundand.

I use the windows 10 countdown for any kind of alarms, your pc keeps ringing until you press the "ok i heard it mate button".

dd5cfbb205552e10a6b8c36b56d030ae.png

As you see, i had already named it "xat store".

I just do the same thing whenever my phone is not with me. So I guess having a power like this is not needed when there are a lot of ways to be alerted specially when most of us keeps our mobile with us always.

• Advanced Members

I think this better idea then most smiley powers.  It has usefulness.  xat does not always sign you out.  Just disable away. It is rare I ever get signed out, as guest.

How many people really set their alarms on phone or pc for a power release?  I never do.  We had the same type of comments for count, as I recall.

• Award 2