Remove embed button from tabs

Abrahan

• Advanced Members

Although having the option to embed a chat at the bottom right in the tab bar is the old/traditional way, users have already adapted to the new option from the top menu under the ''Group'' option.

The suggestion is to eliminate the old/traditional form (recently implemented) to take advantage of that space for another button or options.

A negative aspect is that the old/traditional way of embedding a chat is more visible to users, it does not need to be displayed.

35bHr1m.png

Leave your thoughts on this, thanks!

• Smiley Makers

Can you please elaborate about the reasons to remove this just implemented button?

I don't see any real reason to remove this. This was added for accessibility reasons. 

You can still use the old way (navbar) if you liked it better, so I don't see the harm of this but the benefits. 

• Award 1
  • Done! 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Junior said:

Can you please elaborate about the reasons to remove this just implemented button?

Since we have that option elsewhere in the chat group you can take advantage of that space for other features that have not yet been implemented, for example:

• The social networks of that chat (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) similar to the options offered by having a YouTube channel:
    •  9eH8Orn.png
  • Options to share the chat on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
  • Rate chat with Facebook likes (this existed in the Flash version)
  • View how many people have marked the chat as a favorite within xat.
  • View how many people have bookmarked the chat as a favorite in web browsers.

I am sure that xat developers can be even more creative with other ideas and implement them in the future.

Edited by Abrahan

• Advanced Members

as said by junior there is no reason to remove the "embed" below the chat on the right side. (like this has been added for accessibility reasons.)

but i agree that your suggestion is cool and might give xat a bit more reach, and i'm sure they'll find a place to implement those ideas.