Short and simple

Christina

• Bot Service Providers

Does it look like we'd have something like insta filters, changing backgrounds, adding smileys, texts etc to these images.

Then uploading to xat.me (on xat's storage/servers),

Am I right?

• Advanced Members
35 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Does it look like we'd have something like insta filters, changing backgrounds, adding smileys, texts etc to these images.

Then uploading to xat.me (on xat's storage/servers),

Am I right?

I do not think it would be too difficult of an app to make. No different then live or a gaming app I would think. I am not a developer though and maybe wrong.

Alot of people are always saying they wish we had something like this though.  I am just bringing the idea to the table.

Is it a terrible idea because it is basically xats spin on snapchat, instagram, tiktok or whatever? Possibly.  But it can also be a good idea because these are the apps

these kids and young adults use.

2 hours ago, Pako said:

You would like cloud space for profile photos and videos xat.me ?

storage space to upload the photos to on xat.me, which we already have. I was just saying where they can add them.

• Bot Service Providers
10 minutes ago, Christina said:

I do not think it would be too difficult of an app to make.

I mean about its logic, I understood that would be the best way having it's own app.

But nice, not too hard to create.

• Advanced Members

The ultimate goal is to bring users to xat.  Powers alone can not keep doing this.

Features need to be added to give a reason to come and stay.  The difference is these other sites do not

have what xat already has to offer. Giving them what they want and use, and then blend of what xat already has, will make xat their preferred site of choice.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

I'm kind of confused here, what's the target demographic for this?

5 hours ago, Christina said:

The ultimate goal is to bring users to xat.  Powers alone can not keep doing this. Features need to be added to give a reason to come and stay.

The difference is these other sites do not have what xat already has to offer. Giving them what they want and use, and then blend of what xat already has, will make xat their preferred site of choice.

Imo, the appeal of xat is its niche characteristics.

The difference between these sites/apps (snapchat, instagram, tiktok or whatever) and xat is that they are built around images and videos, while xat is focused around chatting.

Making a product fit for every possible situation does not increase the appeal of the platform; It dilutes the already existing and highlighted features, which are already appealing to the targeted userbase. 

A great use of this would be to make these filters/overlays for OTHER platforms that highlight and advertise xat, and still achieve what you're wanting.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, oj said:

I'm kind of confused here, what's the target demographic for this?

Imo, the appeal of xat is its niche characteristics.

The difference between these sites/apps (snapchat, instagram, tiktok or whatever) and xat is that they are built around images and videos, while xat is focused around chatting.

Making a product fit for every possible situation does not increase the appeal of the platform; It dilutes the already existing and highlighted features, which are already appealing to the targeted userbase. 

A great use of this would be to make these filters/overlays for OTHER platforms that highlight and advertise xat, and still achieve what you're wanting.

I guess you do not have teenagers or young adults?  That would be your targeted area. All those platforms have chatting and most have added new group chat features as well, so why would they wish to advertise xat to take away from their audience?

xat is just a WAY better platform for chatting with all it has to offer.

While I realize it is not for everyone, I think you are missing the boat.  What would bring more users to xat and keep them here? 

Edited by Christina

• Advanced Members

Overall, I like this idea and I think it's ridiculous how xat still doesn't have built-in photo-sharing and the ability to just take pictures and send them. It's pretty dated that we still have to take pictures then share them on another image hosting site and then sharing links with friends to share images so yes, I'm on board with this suggestion. This is probably why xat has lost users over the years as apps such as Skype, Discord etc all have built-in social features which takes interactivity to the next level whereas xat has simply dwindled in the past continuously and focused only on smileys. Yes xat is it's own niche offering customizable smileys but those aren't interesting now. People don't care for it. These days people want short clips and I think adding an image gallery and filters etc could be a good push for xat.

• Award 1