Powers quality over quantity

Shake

• Advanced Members

Well I got the free time to type this down but basically I want to suggest xat to stop making meh-looking powers at the rush of releasing weekly/biweekly/whatever in the most respectful way possible. I’m not against making more powers, but at least the effort should be notorious rather than publishing low frame animations.

• Award 4
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Hello,

I believe that all smiley makers do their powers with a lot of love and a lot of whimsy, I find your suggestion to return powers to be released weeks or fortnightly interesting.

I'm sure the entire team does their best to bring the best content to users.

• Advanced Members

The problem is that each Smiley Maker has its own style, some use more vectors while others prefer to use brush/pencil tools, some are more detailed, some use the kawaii theme, etc.

All should work with the same style and following the same guidelines for xat.

• Advanced Members
21 minutes ago, Kale said:

Hello,

I believe that all smiley makers do their powers with a lot of love and a lot of whimsy, I find your suggestion to return powers to be released weeks or fortnightly interesting.

I'm sure the entire team does their best to bring the best content to users.

Hello, I didn’t suggest powers to be released weekly or biweekly again! I basically said they should take their time

15 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

The problem is that each Smiley Maker has its own style, some use more vectors while others prefer to use brush/pencil tools, some are more detailed, some use the kawaii theme, etc.

All should work with the same style and following the same guidelines for xat.

I’m not picking at anyone’s style, it’s just that some powers look rushed and lack a fairly smooth animation despite of the preferred theme ^_^

• Like 2

• Contributors

I think the original point is not how often they are released, nor is it the style of each one.

It is an excellent suggestion, and to be more specific, regardless of the style or the time they are released, each power should be of quality, well done, painted, strokes, and of course, its animation, within all this the great role that creativity plays, not just to do it to have something to release. (All this in addition to what has already been said).

Personally, I am too detailed, so I have already seen each power with good zoom, (more when I make combinations of smilies or gif) and many of these powers, have a very sloppy stroke, and unfinished parts to paint "holes". Only that in the chat, as they look "small" the defects are not noticeable, but when you see the original drawing/vector in good size, you realize how it is really done.

Obviously I will not use specific powers as an example, everyone can review them, and realize for themselves what I mean.

Edited by RobFerrari

• Wiki Translators

Hello !! if i'm not wrong @Shake is talking about the creation of powers, they've to be in a high quality, you know we've to appreciate what smiley makers are doing just as you mentioned if they're doing an effort the result should be very good. and about time we've been seeing before a new power per week, now sometimes we're seeing it after 2 or 3 weeks, Anyway, we should appreciate their efforts and thank them, just please ( i asked for this before ) there are some DUPLICATED powers, a lot of smiliar powers that have the same name and the same nature ( smiley powers ) let's take the last new power as an exemple : we already have " WORM " power, now there is " WORMS " and both are a smiley powers, at least something different / special should be made, to say or conclude that the latter is different to the first one, i've another point if i or someone for exemple suggest a similar power to another that we already have a lot of users are going to say " No " " We already have this ... " ( this happened many times ) but smiley makers are making some similar powers so ... i don't know anyway this is up to them. Thanks

• Advanced Members
On 6/22/2021 at 5:20 AM, Shake said:

Well I got the free time to type this down but basically I want to suggest xat to stop making meh-looking powers at the rush of releasing weekly/biweekly/whatever in the most respectful way possible. I’m not against making more powers, but at least the effort should be notorious rather than publishing low frame animations.

Not just low frame animations, some of the smileys are drab and uninspiring.

Take Baghead for example. What the heck is this supposed to be? What's the point/purpose of it? It's just there doesn't seem to be the innovation and creativity in powers as they did when they first started releasing them. They're running out of inspiration/ideas for each release. If they take the time to release powers and make effort to make them look good, users would be more willing/likely to buy more. Some powers can't even be used as "smileybacks" which I personally think makes each power unique. Some of them can't even be used to mix/match to create your own unique smiley. So yes, I agree 100% with this suggestion.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I want to say my opinion about it, so you have an almost complete picture of my personality...

some powers aren't that bad, but people like you give them a finger take an arm, or just don't accept the sad reality...

I see the big problem, and that's what many people don't like about the design until now, that's why... and i stress why,  I want to dare, try to make people happy by drawing and making smileys easier to create with some new ideas!! it is not easy without drawing to create a smiley believe me ... creating a smiley only on the pc is really a professional stuff, For example, I am not able, I like to draw because in the end it is easier to do it on the PC...

I know more or less as you would like, or at least the trade people would like the power (and not only their), nice, that it is used and that it could increase in price, or at least that it is tasteful and used..or in competition with the others powers, or simply a nice design more realistic.. (that's why the satanic, and another hair style female)

I'm not a bad person, indeed if you have problems talking to me I would prefer you to know me better ... 

unfortunately the level is this and nothing else can be done, you cannot force a person if he is not able to do it... that's why I took over with my ideas... and I have noticed many look at them but are afraid to say their thoughts, probably because I was scared and I treated them badly .. or I just didn't express myself fully in the nice comments they left for me !!

like the angel... I think over the years he will lose power and he won't like it anymore, that's why I asked if they could do it better (at least to change and have a few more people) or if you want to put it sweeter, a new and partially satisfying power... but you have to work on it and commit yourself .. because one thing if it's not beautiful in the end you don't like it ... that's all.

having said that I hope you understand why I want to help and put the parties in agreement on what has been done so far and on what will come ...

Alex.