Feedback

Nezhit

• Bot Service Providers

Hello laddies,

As I said in another post, I wanted to propose a suggestion, for volunteers/contributors to start a discussion with the admin about "feedback" so that users' opinions can be heard, and we'll  know what they think, what can improve, how to improve etc. This would help xat make decisions about the next steps to be taken, rather than just a few opinions. Google Forms can be used for it.

I've been looking for it, and it looks that xat has never did anything like that. It would be a new way of listening to users, giving them a voice.

Some questions you can use:

• ID/username
  • What do you think about the current support?
  • What do you think about the xat powers?
  • Do you think they are being released very often?
  • Do you would like to see a new power on xat? If yes, what would it be?
  • Do you feel like your suggestions are being heard? If not, why?

Tips:

• Ask the questions objectively so that all users can answer (multiple choices/writing).
  • Make the results transparent, it's also important for users to know what others think. Do not keep them secret.
  • Don't let it be just a feedback form, consider the suggestions, listen to them. Currently in the Suggestions subforum there are many suggestions, but few of them are considered.
  • Ask help chats main owners to promote this between their staff/scroller, so more people will know about its existance and give true their opinion.

More replies from volunteers, admins and smiley makers on the suggestions. This will show to users that they are being heard. It's not good to have the Suggestions subforum and a specific chat for that if they have the feeling of not being heard, it brings discouragement. By hearing to them, you promote discussions on the subject, understand the users' views, etc.

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members

Good idea in theory. But what makes you think these ideas will be listened to or valued?

Originally this was why the Contributors section was created; to voice the community's opinions on meaningful topics. In reality, the section is just political debates over extremely minuscule details around the site, like the number of days Events power should show. The group isn't contributing to any impactful decisions. Why would a Google form ran by people not even in that group hold any weight? 

And don't confuse this with me complaining, because I'm not. I wrote virtually this exact post years ago in that forum section. The admins can run the site how they please; we just have to accept that despite good intentions from the community, most decisions are made alone or with a select few.

The only way this will ever work is if the admins actually want it to work. 

• Award 2
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

I remember in the past something similar was done to request feedback on a specific topic (I think it was an update) and the Official Chats were used to promote the form, this is not a bad idea.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Bot Service Providers
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

But what makes you think these ideas will be listened to or valued?

But the idea of this post is exactly to bring attention so that suggestions can be heard. Even with a "no", it would be enough to contain the reason (from them).

34 minutes ago, Steven said:

meaningful topics.

In this part I don't agree, even at the beginning, because all users that suggest here are paid users, they should be heard regardless of whether a group says if it is something that should or not be passed to admins.

37 minutes ago, Steven said:

The only way this will ever work is if the admins actually want it to work. 

Again, my idea is to change that, smiley makers/admins can answer some posts, I believe that during the week only 5-10 suggestions are created, it's easy to follow and doesn't take a lot of time.

31 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

I remember in the past something similar was done to request feedback on a specific topic (I think it was an update) and the Official Chats were used to promote the form, this is not a bad idea.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, I think it was because of the HTML5 recent updates.

My whole idea is to bring attention to user' posts, and that they can be heard, it doesn't matter if will be or not added, a YES or NO & the reason is enough for some of them, better than keep their discouragement.

This will even help admins to know what can be changed/in what xat is failing (helping, releasing powers etc).

• Advanced Members

Do I think the admins paying more attention to the community and working with them to improve the site is a good suggestion? Absolutely. A lot of people here have great ideas and could absolutely improve the site if given the chance.

I simply do not believe they ever will.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

With this topic, we would be creating a subforum within the forum itself.

We already have the places to do this right here:

• Support;
  • General support;
  • Comment on new powers;
  • Suggest powers, new features;
  • Between others;
  • When a user brings something new or a complaint, it is already dealt with within the topic itself,

and in the rest,

Admin sees everything... rest assured! Every detail in its time!(ok)

• Like 2

• Advanced Members

Idea is very good.

The question of just 'seeing' and not giving feedback so that it can be presentable or not, is something to be questioned.

Several ideas are posted in the month, where we have threads with only 2 comments from people who liked or disliked the idea.

The form of a form would help to understand what people think about the company ''xat.com'' where they could work around to improve.

Many companies use surveys / forms, to improve their quality of products, services... This brings the company closer to the customer. Why not do this? Look at that and give your opinion, analyze, interact on that subject, even though it is not so important, but it may be in the future.

• Advanced Members

Did we not have a feedback chat long ago for this?

Admins also use to use polls for this type of thing.  

Maybe this is another push for the "polls" to make a popular comeback.

Contributors were also made for this sort of thing.

I also am not being negative as I feel some form of user feedback is important. 

I do agree with Steven that as history has shown, it is unlikely that the implementation of this

idea would "last" and be effectively used.  Admins rely on a few top volunteers to speak for the community

and represent. 

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Bot Service Providers
4 minutes ago, Christina said:

1 hour ago, Mister said:

I didnt say we need a "new way of suggesting stuff"

I meant that would be good something like a "monthly/annual user feedback" where people can have a say, be heard, comment what they think about the current state of xat. That's my whole idea, I'm not suggesting to we have a new group, subforum, chat or whatever... Just a Google Form with some questions, it will be something like a survey (thx slint for remember me the correct word). Don't confuse "feedback" with "suggestions", it's supposed to be a survey not a place to post.

E.g. A new form is created today and on the 31th of this month it will be closed, on the 1st of the next month we'll see the public results, like: 18% of people choosen that support needs improvement, 82% of people choosen that it's fine...

And the other part of my suggestion is that smiley makers/admins have a better interaction on the "most popular suggestions of the week", I don't think this is hard.

• Advanced Members

That's a great idea. I really hope admins could pay more attention to the community and work with them so that they could improve the site. I've noticed that there are  a lot of the communities here actually do have great ideas and hoping it could improve the site if given the chance. Community voice matters too :p

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

This idea is very special because it will bring the administrator closer to the public and users directly.

21 hours ago, Mister said:

We already have the places to do this right here:

• Support;
  • General support;
  • Comment on new powers;
  • Suggest powers, new features;
  • Between others;
  • When a user brings something new or a complaint, it is already dealt with within the topic itself,

and in the rest,

Admin sees everything... rest assured! Every detail in its time!(ok)

I agree with everything you've written, but a "subforum" of suggestions could be made in the suggestions tab itself, so it would be a steerable link. The administrator sees everything but an approximation more visible and frequent would be very important, it would bring much more participation from the users.

• This participation and response to suggestions could have a date in the week/month or something like that and thus eliminate the need to have full frequency.
  • GoogleForms is a simple and interesting option, but xat could develop its own feedback page similar to GoogleForms, thus bringing authenticity and innovation.

I look forward to this suggestion being well received by the team.

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, Christina said:

Admins also use to use polls for this type of thing.  

Maybe this is another push for the "polls" to make a popular comeback.

Contributors were also made for this sort of thing.

I also am not being negative as I feel some form of user feedback is important. 

I do agree with Steven that as history has shown, it is unlikely that the implementation of this

idea would "last" and be effectively used.  Admins rely on a few top volunteers to speak for the community

and represent. 

Feedback chat exists with almost 0 visits unless its promoted.

Regarding polls, I agree with you... when there is a major split in views a poll can determine the decision, especially in topics such as that one about( influencers/verification system/celebrity pawn... or whatever that was).

I rather see the polls in the forum though.

• Cool 1

• Bot Service Providers

My idea about Suggestions wasn't to replace the way the suggestion system currently works (Feedback chat, Suggestions forum etc).

But after reading @Guinho's idea, I think it'd be the best alternative.

In the past there was something like this, xat vote (xat.com/vote - check here) and it looks like it was better than now.

I want to leave an example of how it'd work:  

1. User post a suggestion.
  2. Other users post their opinions about the suggestion.
  3. In 7-10 days the forum moderation wil close the "Suggestion" and on the end of the month will be sent a list of all suggestions and their percent of approval/rejection to admins.
  4. Admins choose what'll be approved/rejected and forum moderation update the "Suggestion status".

That's easy!

1 hour ago, Jasmine said:

Regarding polls, I agree with you... when there is a major split in views a poll can determine the decision, especially in topics such as that one about( influencers/verification system/celebrity pawn... or whatever that was).

My idea about Google Form is for xat to create surveys, to see how things are going i.e support, html5 development, powers release etc.

These questions will be answered by users, and I'm sure this will help a lot in what next steps xat should take.

"The best way to prove you value your customers is to listen to them."

Edited by xLaming
4th added
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, Jasmine said:

Feedback chat exists with almost 0 visits unless its promoted.

I can guarantee the feedback is more active than Mosa3adeh

No hate, plis :$

• Haha 1

• Volunteers

I love the creativity of the Suggestions Tracker idea @Guinho, as it could help motivate the smiley makers and xat developers to implement as many ideas as possible (rather than just having loads as "Pending" or "Under Review"), and it provides more organisation to handling suggestions, as you say.

But it might also be unrealistic for admins, smiley makers and xat developers to review and decide on every single suggestion posted by users there. They're the ones who ultimately make the final decisions on these things, and we can't decide on their behalf what will or won't be added, unless it's a really obvious rejection. It might be too time-consuming.

Regarding Feedback chat, we already have a Google Form within the bot's autowelcome message, for users to provide any piece of constructive feedback or suggestion they have, anytime they like, even when staff are offline. I check every response posted, and we discuss the serious ones in monthly staff meetings. Here's the form we currently use: https://forms.gle/f57G8SFbQLSM1ybY8.

On the current Google Form, our strategy is to ask for suggestions rather than just opinions like "What do you think about XYZ", because then we're going deeper and looking to fix and improve something. But maybe that's something we could do differently.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Bot Service Providers
2 hours ago, Crow said:

But it might also be unrealistic for admins, smiley makers and xat developers to review and decide on every single suggestion posted by users there.

The idea is that moderation sends the suggestions and approval rate to the admins, they shouldn't decide for the users, just resend their opinion.

3 hours ago, Crow said:

They're the ones who ultimately make the final decisions on these things, and we can't decide on their behalf what will or won't be added

The final decision remains the devs/smiley makers/admins, the idea of the system is just to have more transparency for users, or at least a concrete answer.

3 hours ago, Crow said:

It might be too time-consuming.

As mentioned before, the Contributors group was created exactly for that, to be the voice of the users, the bridge between them and the admins. So they could do that if volunteers feel too busy.

3 hours ago, Crow said:

On the current Google Form, our strategy is to ask for suggestions rather than just opinions like "What do you think about XYZ", because then we're going deeper and looking to fix and improve something. But maybe that's something we could do differently.

Again, the idea of these surveys is different from the idea of having a chat/forum/form to send suggestions.

My idea is to give users the opportunity to give their opinion about the current situation of xat from their point of view, monthly. If possible also have suggestions for improvements, but this isn't a requirement.

These forms won't be about suggesting anything they want, but about their point of view, their felling, what they are thinking about xat, if they like how it's going etc. Not something like "I have a suggestion for a new power/feature".

Giving users a way to express themselves will help xat know which part they're failing on, why users are leaving, and other issues that so far no one has proven answers.