Add forum Community Answers to Leaderboard

Abrahan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteers

I'm just playing devil's advocate, but making General Support more competitive could have negative effects too.

Firstly, there could be more users racing against each other, rushing their responses and focusing on speed rather than quality in the attempt to be the first to answer (thereby having a better chance of being picked as the best answer).

Secondly, there could be more users diluting the topic with mediocre replies, just posting answers for the sake of it, copying and rewording each other, because they want a chance to be picked as the best answer.

I might just be exaggerating minor concerns though.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I don't think it would be that competitive, it's not that big of a deal. However, even though is possible answers could be rushed, they would still have to answer the question, since the best answer is marked by answering the question satisfactorily and not by answering it fast. If users decide to reply to questions with useless/mediocre posts, they would be hidden and ultimately punished for it.

Since we can see posts counter, reputation points, and solution counter (while on general support) under our names and the first two are on the leaderboard, why not the last one too? I hope we can see this in the future.

• Award 1

• 4 months later...