Pronoun Suggestion For xat Forum

Ravey

• Advanced Members

Hello everyone,

I have been on forum since 2017 and I have always realized that when you update your profile picture it always say their. I have a suggestion about adding pronouns so it'll be a lot easier to know what pronouns they go by. As a person from the LGBTQIA community I do think this would be a lot easier. Maybe they could also be added to your about me where your birthday is as well as other important information. I will be putting an example in the comment section of this topic as well.

Preferably something similar to this. I don't have my xat regname or anything else in this area but this is what I came up with

20210612_181937.jpg

• Bot Service Providers

Well, let's talk.

I support the idea, but there is a problem, this will only show on your profile if you are "she/her" or "he/him".  Texts/phrases will not be affected, because it'd need a lot of extra work for that happen.

It can even be added, but my suggestion at the moment is to use the "About me" tab.

Also in English they/their is a neutral pronoun, it's not like Portuguese or Spanish for example, the masculine is always neutral, so I don't see a problem with that.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Members

Alright,

I do understand that they/them is usually a neutral pronoun. But I mostly suggested this due to the problems I've had before and experienced on other websites and thought it would be easier for most people so they knew but I, one hundred percent understand what you mean. It indeed is the netural terms. I know you're not wrong about that. I do appreciate your feedback on my suggestion as well. And the About Me tab is another suggestion as well, was just an example I included to get people's outlook on what I was trying to talk about instead of just putting it together.

• Like 1

• Bot Service Providers
12 minutes ago, Ravey said:

Alright,

I do understand that they/them is usually a neutral pronoun. But I mostly suggested this due to the problems I've had before and experienced on other websites and thought it would be easier for most people so they knew but I, one hundred percent understand what you mean. It indeed is the netural terms. I know you're not wrong about that. I do appreciate your feedback on my suggestion as well. And the About Me tab is another suggestion as well, was just an example I included to get people's outlook on what I was trying to talk about instead of just putting it together.

I agree, a lot of social network are adding this kind of feature, but adding this to a forum that is third-party software is not too easy as that,

It is easier for this to happen to be added on xat.com itself than on the forum,

The maximum they can do (on forum) is to add a field where you choose if you're Male/Female/Other (or her/him/he/she), but texts/phrases on statuses, notifications etc can't be changed due the complexity.

Edited by xLaming