Resolution setting for 4k tvs users

DiegoCapixaba

• Advanced Members

Why in the world are you using xat on a 4K tv? Also, if the pawns appear blurry it's because xat does not currently support 4K resolution and with displays the bigger your display = bigger pixel enlargement and therefore if you want it to look crisper just use a smaller monitor/screen and the pawns will look just fine. Don't see how it's worthy to invest resources and time of developers to provide 4K (you're not using xat like you go to the movies right...? lol). If you want xat to look "HD" then simply use a smaller screen so that you get the highest pixel density, simple as that.

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Enter said:

Why in the world are you using xat on a 4K tv?

At least in Brazil it's common for people to use 4k tvs on pc, because they are cheaper than monitors and offer better quality.

1 hour ago, Enter said:

if the pawns appear blurry it's because xat does not currently support 4K resolution and with displays the bigger your display = bigger pixel enlargement and therefore if you want it to look crisper just use a smaller monitor/screen and the pawns will look just fine.

So the solution for users is "buy a new monitor" really? Try to say this to any user "hey bro, if u want to use our social network u need to get a new monitor". That's crazy. And 4K support can be easily added to xat, since smilies are made in SWF and converted in PNG, any resolution can be used, it doesnt require hard coding.

1 hour ago, Enter said:

If you want xat to look "HD" then simply use a smaller screen so that you get the highest pixel density, simple as that.

Again this is not a solution, if you're forcing any user to buy a new monitor they will simply quit, that's all.

I agree to the idea of adding better support for larger screens, even in resolutions like 1080p xat is small, being necessary to zoom the page to read better, so losing image quality, and yes this will be useful, remember that even cheap phones are already using native 1080p. It's not wasting resources.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, xLaming said:

At least in Brazil it's common for people to use 4k tvs on pc, because they are cheaper than monitors and offer better quality.

So the solution for users is "buy a new monitor" really? Try to say this to any user "hey bro, if u want to use our social network u need to get a new monitor". That's crazy. And 4K support can be easily added to xat, since smilies are made in SWF and converted in PNG, any resolution can be used, it doesnt require hard coding.

Again this is not a solution, if you're forcing any user to buy a new monitor they will simply quit, that's all.

I agree to the idea of adding better support for larger screens, even in resolutions like 1080p xat is small, being necessary to zoom the page to read better, so losing image quality, and yes this will be useful, remember that even cheap phones are already using native 1080p. It's not wasting resources.

Nah you don't need to buy a new monitor.. you can always use your laptop (if you have one) it's not such a big issue to the point where it warrants immediate attention for is my main point. There are far more important issues e.g. lag, bugs, etc. And let's not forget it's xat we're talking about, I mean HTML5 development took forever. I'm not saying it's not important to implement 4K display in the future, it's just too trivial at this point in time. I.e. the overall complaint is very trivial -> blurry pawns. It's not "affecting" your overall user experience other than not looking very aesthetically pleasing. I'd say it would happen at some point, just not anytime soon given xat's snail speed development.