Brandon

Pawn Color for Available

28 posts in this topic

Why in the world is the pawn color for "Available" so close to the offline color (red)? Out of all the colors to choose from, a blood orange color was chosen?

My friends list looks like a sea of offline pawns mixed with regular online green pawns.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why in the world is the pawn color for "Available" so close to the offline color (red)? Out of all the colors to choose from, a blood orange color was chosen?

My friends list looks like a sea of offline pawns mixed with regular online green pawns.

i cant say the same for me, i can easily tell the difference

2 people like this

I can tell the difference, but there is hardly enough of a difference. It's similar to a different shade of red. Why couldn't a different shade of green be selected?

Plain and simple, it was not a good design move.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can tell the difference, but there is hardly enough of a difference.

Plain and simple, it was not a good design move.

2w3896q.png

Hardly a difference, but it's enough I guess

It's very noticeable to tell the difference between the color of available and offline users in mobile. But maybe a bright yellow color (not the owner's color in chat) would be a good option too as a pawn color for available users in mobile. ou75eu.png 

^^Maybe yellow pawn would be a better option here. Why?

1. You can easily see the difference

2. People might be motivated even more to use the xat mobile app

2 people like this

Yeah I personally do not like this color, not because of its resemblance with the offline pawn (which didn't even cross my mind when I looked at it), but it just doesn't look appealing at all to me and the color sort of suggests that they're afk. I think a dark green color would be better so that they would fit with the other online pawns as they all indicate that the person is on xat, but due to the different shade you would be able to easily distinguish those mobile users from the online ones.

I'm with @Techy on this one. I can tell the difference and I have no problem with the colour. However, if admin decides to change it I wouldn't really care.

But this is definitely not a priority. So I do not think it's worth them spending more than a few minutes on, there's more important things to get done. 

It also says available if you hover over the pawn on the friend list, so that will help with some of the confusion. 

To pile it on, red and orange aren't even synonymous with available. It reminds people of busy, away, or unavailable.

The fact that you can differentiate between the two current colors isn't disputed here; the difference is noticeable.

3 people like this

To be honest I don't think the pawn should be important right now.

I mean after all the admins are mostly focusing on the app itself and not a pawn color.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why couldn't a different shade of green be selected?

Something like this?

svDZf9f.png

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Something like this?

svDZf9f.png

That seems good, but how about an A letter on this or something? A would = Available 

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

That seems good, but how about an A letter on this or something? A would = Available 

Hmm, I don't really like it...

tccKAg7.png

Talking of pawns todo with mobile, how about a new pawn? maybe shape of a mobile phone, to let us know they are on xat with the phone, or make it say when you click on them "On Mobile". I might make a thread about this

2 people like this

Yellow pawn, "on Mobile" flag on users (y).

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Yeah, the "On Mobile" thing would be good.

or we can use the already made mobile pawn again?

Most people with the dark orange pawn are offline anyway, aren't they?

'On mobile' just sounds more accurate to me.

41 minutes ago, Crow said:

Most people with the dark orange pawn are offine anyway, aren't they?

'On mobile' just sounds more accurate to me.

Not quite, they will receive notifications on their phone if you PC them (or only if they have you added, depending on notification settings). Hence the word "available".

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Talking of pawns todo with mobile, how about a new pawn? maybe shape of a mobile phone, to let us know they are on xat with the phone, or make it say when you click on them "On Mobile". I might make a thread about this

Like this?

On 30/07/2016 at 10:26 AM, LaFleur said:

Was wondering if there should be an option to show that you're on phone. E.g. a setting to change your pawn to a phone or by default a phone but with the possibility to change it to a normal pawn.

Demo: eef6d31a186b450f8e922902079c3806.png

I support that. (smirk)

1 person likes this

I can tell the difference. The dark green pawn would probably fit the available pawn better since the orange colour reminds people that they're either busy or away.

I'm fine with the orange colour. I wouldn't mind if administrators decide to change it though.

1 person likes this

Or I'm sure our smiley makers can make us few pawns for mobile and we will be able to choose.

Can I add something extra here??!!!

It is possible, application on the phone when it is not online to look offline.
To stay online or offline, always look like you're online, why?
Can it be changed?
5d1oqt.png
When you use the !Volunteers command, everyone looks online, but the reality is that they're all offline.
It only happens to those who have the xat.com application.

Edit: Done  - Thank´s @LaFleur xD