New pawn for influencers

Admin

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

I think that the issue of the pawns could have been handled from another situation, although the volunteers deserved a differentiation from among the other users, I think that giving everyone the same pawn is a bit confusing, but well, I would have suggested more a change of "peon" that is, like the power badge, edit the peon of the other users without actually modifying the color, in addition, there are still good ideas regarding powers posted in the forum as "ice pawn" which would be things that they would give xat.com a new look. (hmm)

To be completely honest, the new influencer pawn just looks like a ripoff of Flake's idea. It's pretty much as if they're saying "whoop we've implemented this but we're gonna call it the "sky" pawn instead". And honestly, the new pawn pretty much looks indistinguishable from the "Cyan" pawn. And on top of that, I had also previously suggested pawns for resellers (which has pretty much been implemented but instead it's branched into one entire category instead of it's own category). The differentiation in the first place should have been carried through entirely. It just looks as if it's half-baked.

Honestly, at the end of the day it doesn't affect the majority of the users anyway because it's not like everyone is getting this new feature it's just lazy that they would implement something then couldn't be bothered to make it even better which is why it's so infuriating to me. Anyways, it is what it is.

Edited by Enter
Closing thoughts.
  • Award 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

Hey Guys, We haven't talked about this in a long time.

Congratulations to all who received this pawn and the name to be verified. More info«
Volunteers 
Crow, LaFleur, Stif, Cupim, Solange, Sydno, Andre
Developer 
Sloom, Junior
Forum Moderator 
Lemona
Smiley Makers 
Mihay, Mike
Resellers 
Mister, Kyle, Bryan, Aghetto

I'm curious to know how you got what you don't want, you don't agree for others to have.
No offense Ariana Grande (hippo)

• Award 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hey Guys, We haven't talked about this in a long time.

Congratulations to all who received this pawn and the name to be verified. More info«
Volunteers 
Crow, LaFleur, Stif, Cupim, Solange, Sydno, Andre
Developer 
Sloom, Junior
Forum Moderator 
Lemona
Smiley Makers 
Mihay, Mike
Resellers 
Mister, Kyle, Bryan, Aghetto

I'm curious to know how you got what you don't want, you don't agree for others to have.

disagreeing on a choice does not mean that he cannot get it, this post of yours is provocative and meaningless.

• Award 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Bau said:

I hardly doubt that anyone who was given the chance to have this pawn, would not use it.  

You can disagree with a reason and yet still be proud  and honored you were chosen.  Lemona devotes alot of time to xat.

Not only does she do a fantastic job in helping out, she also keeps it fun for the users.  If anyone deserves this pawn from a normal user standpoint,

chances are it would be Lemona.  No offence to anyone else,  Just Lemona is the one on chat bringing users together and making things fun.  

She is helping to keep the users here IMO.  That in itself is a very important role.  

Most of us who were against the pawn for our reasons, have moved on.  Our reasons became irrelevant once xat decided to give the pawn.

Instead of being jealous, lets be proud of those who have achieved it and their accomplishments and be the bigger person.

• Award 2
  • Like 5

• Advanced Members

I agree with what you say, but let's not forget that the people who are now in xat are on their own initiative.

Lemona or I and the others can't keep people in xat. [Maybe I'm wrong]

• Award 2
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

A new help topic where you will be able to send requests to be granted the Verified and/or Cyan pawn has been added to the ticket system. You do not need to be a paid user to send tickets through this help topic.

• Award 3
  • Cool 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 04/06/2021 at 16:40, Admin said:

A próxima versão do chat (1.55) adicionará uma nova cor de peão.
- celebridades: peão ciano (# 00FFFF)
- influenciadores: peão do céu (# 5ab9ed)

Influenciadores são usuários que têm espaço notável em outras comunidades de redes sociais (e alguns voluntários do xat)

Eles devem ser populares o suficiente em sua própria área, e seria útil se eles hospedassem sua própria sala de bate-papo xat ou mencionassem o xat durante sua presença em outros sites.

Colaboradores irão sugerir novos influenciadores.

O xat analisará cada sugestão cuidadosamente para ver se a pessoa atende aos nossos critérios - dependendo de sua área de influência, o número de seguidores não importa tanto quanto sua atividade e ações podem contar mais.

xat tomará a decisão final se o peão será adicionado ou não.

O peão será gratuito (não exigirá dias) - portanto, NÃO deve ser emprestado a outros usuários (não compartilhe sua conta)

Por enquanto, outros usuários do sky pewn são voluntários de ingressos, desenvolvedores, criadores de sorrisos e revendedores que compram do xat.

O peão pode ser removido sem aviso ou motivo.

this idea of influencers is very good, I liked it a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I appreciate that you are making this Sky Pawn feel as useless as having a DVD player when you have a Blu-Ray Disc.

I guess anyone who participates in the xat economy gets a recycled participation reward.

Let's turn a blind eye towards people who are able to bot followers, likes etc. then just to get a Sky Pawn to use xat as a stepping stone for clout to get real followers.

You're giving attention to the wrong people. The people who make this site what it is today, they are more deserving than any "influencer."

This is like working hard and you're close to a promotion at your job, only for someone else to come in and take your promotion from
another job they left, and you were working way harder, everyone likes you and was rooting for you, only for you to get shafted.

Come on, this is 2021. There's better ways. What's wrong with giving a colored star on the pawn for the influencers? Last I remember a simple check was 
all that was really needed to "stand out."

This Sky Pawn was easier to understand for the <xat community> and now you're including people from tik tok? fb? twitter? ig? all of these sites are so easily manipulated. Besides, even if they were legit, are they actually helping xat get more traffic or are they just using the site, sitting in chats not talking, and people end up finding their social media just to follow them out of curiosity, xat is giving these people a platform that they didn't earn in most cases.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/4/2021 at 4:07 PM, Crow said:

It's very exciting to have a new pawn, and I'm optimistic about the long-term benefits it could have on bringing more users to xat!

I'm personally not in favour of ticket volunteers, developers, smiley makers and certain resellers all being given the pawn, because I think it does diminish the appeal of it to influencers. It won't be as exclusive as Cyan pawn if 20-odd users have it, but as admin says the final decision hasn't been taken yet.

I agree with this. Also, would they have to share their social media username/info so that people don't question if it is legit or not?

What constitutes that their local following makes them an influencer? What is the minimum amount of followers? What about follower to interaction ratios?

• Bot Service Providers
28 minutes ago, MarieeLovee said:

would they have to share their social media username/info so that people don't question if it is legit or not?

Confirmation is required, verified influencers are listed on https://xat.wiki/Verified

29 minutes ago, MarieeLovee said:

What constitutes that their local following makes them an influencer? What is the minimum amount of followers? What about follower to interaction ratios?

Not sure if this should be public, making it based on amount isnt the good way to check if it's a real influencer or not. What if people are buying followers/likes? This is pretty common, and obviously they shouldn't have the title of true influencer.

This is up to xat staff to decide...

• Members
44 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Confirmation is required, verified influencers are listed on https://xat.wiki/Verified

Not sure if this should be public, making it based on amount isnt the good way to check if it's a real influencer or not. What if people are buying followers/likes? This is pretty common, and obviously they shouldn't have the title of true influencer.

This is up to xat staff to decide...

So it’s subjective whether or not the user is considered an influencer? 

• Wiki Translators

This is not ok, people who are active on other social networks (e.g. youtube,tiktok,facebook,instagram) get a reward,  people who are active on the xat network get nothing (e.g. wiki translator, graphic designers, xat forum people with a lot of followers, active people on forum, contributors...). Person who has 5k followers on instagram gets a blue-cyan pawn, and a person who has 100-200+ followers on the xat forum gets nothing.. I spend a few hours a day translating wiki pages into my language to make it easier for people to use xat and increase the xat community, but with this move you are forcing me to go to instagram or another social network to win a  famous blue pawn. Sorry but this is so stupid and big mistake. I support that blue pawn is given to resellers, smiley makers, volunteers, bot provider but people from other social networks NOOOO ! @Admin (annoyed)

Edited by DonQuijote
  • Award 3
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, DonQuijote said:

This is not ok, people who are active on other social networks (e.g. youtube,tiktok,facebook,instagram) get a reward,  people who are active on the xat network get nothing (e.g. wiki translator, graphic designers, xat forum people with a lot of followers...). Person who has 5k followers on instagram gets a blue-cyan pawn, and a person who has 100-200+ followers on the xat forum gets nothing.. I spend a few hours a day translating wiki pages into my language to make it easier for people to use xat and increase the xat community, but with this move you are forcing me to go to instagram or another social network to win a  famous blue pawn. Sorry but this is so stupid and big mistake. I support that blue pawn is given to resellers, smiley makers, volunteers, bot provider but people from other social networks NOOOO !

Agree with u .they should edit rules

• Advanced Members

I think that that pawn, just like they gave to other non-volunteers, should give it to all contributors, wikis, and everyone who is somehow part of the xat team. Let's face it, a famous influencer is not going to get into xat (shrug)I don't know how many things with that pawn is just one more pawn Hahahaha, he thought it was good that the xat team achieved because they are the ones who work to keep xat active in some way, but I also think that the contributors, the wikis should also have won that pawn  they also contribute their work to xat !!!! They must acknowledge the work of all, not just some.

7RbkWEY.png

Edited by Cherry
  • Award 3
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Cherry said:

I think that that pawn, just like they gave to other non-volunteers, should give it to all contributors, wikis, and everyone who is somehow part of the xat team. Let's face it, a famous influencer is not going to get into xat (shrug)I don't know how many things with that pawn is just one more pawn Hahahaha, he thought it was good that the xat team achieved because they are the ones who work to keep xat active in some way, but I also think that the contributors, the wikis should also have won that pawn  they also contribute their work to xat !!!! They must acknowledge the work of all, not just some.

7RbkWEY.png

That's true, all active taxpayers should have it.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Members
On 6/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, Admin said:

Next version of the chat (1.55) will add a new pawn color.
- celebrities: cyan pawn (#00FFFF)
- influencers: sky pawn (#5ab9ed)

Influencers are users who have notable space on other social network communities (and some xat volunteers)

They must be popular enough in their own area, and it would be helpful if they hosted their own xat chatroom, or mentioned xat during their presence on other sites.

Contributors will suggest new influencers.

xat will look at each suggestion carefully to see if the person matches to our criteria - depending on their area of influence the numbers of followers won't matter as much as their activity and actions may count more.

xat will make the final decision if the pawn gets to be added added or not.

The pawn will be free (will not require days) - so it should NOT be lent to other users (don't share your account)

For now other sky pawn users are ticket volunteers, developers, smileymakers and resellers who buy from xat.

The pawn can be removed without warning or reason.

Thanks! Out of curiosity, what would be the minimum amount of followers I would need to get this beautiful pawn?
I have already opened a ticket, requesting the pawn. however, I was warned that the platforms I use are not enough to achieve the same.

• Award 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
6 hours ago, JasonOficial said:

I have a youtuber friend with more than 300k subscribers, I suggest her to ask for the celebrity pawn, she told me that she would never link her channel with xat because of the bad people that could harm her work. I bet many know her on xat and have no idea who she is.

That sounds more like a personal choice not to choose to link her YouTube account then. Your comment is more to do with copyright issues no? If she copyrights her work then she can have ultimate rights to it. I don't understand what the point of your comment is?

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, JasonOficial said:

My comment was in relation to the influencer promoting xat on their social networks, during the period in which this celebrity pawn was made available, I didn't see any influencer using it; just the person chosen by xat.

Thanks for clarifying. Users can apply to have the influencer pawn. Once an application is submitted, I believe xat will review it accordingly and determine whether the user should be given the pawn or not. Your original comment mentions that your YouTuber friend decides not to apply for it. I would say the influencer pawn is a timely update to the celebrity pawn in that now if you think you should be given the "verified" pawn you can apply for it. While yes, xat still has the final say as to who gets it, I think the new pawn is now more inclusive of a wider range of users such as volunteers, whereas the cyan pawn is limited to celebrities as you said.

• Done! 1

• Volunteers
7 hours ago, JasonOficial said:

My comment was in relation to the influencer promoting xat on their social networks, during the period in which this celebrity pawn was made available, I didn't see any influencer using it; just the person chosen by xat.

Sounds like we should work in a new concept and find new utility for sky pawn!

Such a great pawn. 

And we have such a great and interesting community ... !

If any of you have idea on how Sky can be changed, feel free to open a new thread 

Cya!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I have some suggestions for the ''celebrity'' pin

With my more than 10 years that I've been on xat I've never seen a celebrity or musician (who already has the pin) active on xat. And even though these people are bloggers, they work in exchange for something and it doesn't matter if the company is doing well or not.

The first suggestion is to separate the pins for volunteers, resellers, and bot owners, because if a novice user enters, he sees them all the same and if he goes to ask a volunteer something, he ends up asking other people who are not in this volunteer area.

Second suggestion, xat opens vacancies for people active on xat who have social networks with a certain number of followers and who have been active on social networks for at least 1 year and yes, it makes this user a ''verified'' of the platform, just like it exists in all social networking platforms people with the verified badge (being that xat can put a clause that the person who wants the pin has to post something related to xat once every month at least) .

Third Suggestion It would be good for xat to create other social networking platforms as well, if the internet is hype about tiktok xat should have an account there to create content about when there are events or something that attracts people.

• Award 1

• Lemona featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Contributors

A few things need to be discussed about the direction of verified pawns.

I believe it could only be dedicated to people who actually bring great contributions to the platform like the wiki team, contributors, volunteers, devs, forum mods, smiley makers, resellers, bot service providers...

For influencers, they could get the cyan pawn and thus create two different categories;

Brought some questions:

• Why do people who spend their time only on other social networks like Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, without even migrating or bringing new people to xat.com deserves to get the Cyan Pawn?

I believe that only the number of followers should not be taken into account (Nowadays it's very common to see bots that increase followers and even companies that sell phantom followers just to generate numbers on profiles)...

Some basic rules could be added to actually gets the Cyan Pawn on xat beyond just the number of followers.
Such as:

1. Have a chat for your personal and exclusive use e.g: xat.com/Junyor
  2. Use this chat link in your bio (along with links from other platforms, this is quite common among influencers these days)
  3. Make a story publicizing your personal xat (and leave it in your highlights) in order to provide interaction and chat with your followers/fans

This, in addition to creating a bond between fan and idol, will also help bring new people to the xat.com platform and use it.

Edited by Junyor
  • Award 1

• Members
On 12/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, iGuinho said:

I have some suggestions for the ''celebrity'' pin

With my more than 10 years that I've been on xat I've never seen a celebrity or musician (who already has the pin) active on xat. And even though these people are bloggers, they work in exchange for something and it doesn't matter if the company is doing well or not.

The first suggestion is to separate the pins for volunteers, resellers, and bot owners, because if a novice user enters, he sees them all the same and if he goes to ask a volunteer something, he ends up asking other people who are not in this volunteer area.

Second suggestion, xat opens vacancies for people active on xat who have social networks with a certain number of followers and who have been active on social networks for at least 1 year and yes, it makes this user a ''verified'' of the platform, just like it exists in all social networking platforms people with the verified badge (being that xat can put a clause that the person who wants the pin has to post something related to xat once every month at least) .

Third Suggestion It would be good for xat to create other social networking platforms as well, if the internet is hype about tiktok xat should have an account there to create content about when there are events or something that attracts people.

i  agree i dint show on influencer,s profiile nothing about xat.com the pawns should be alocated to old user on xat.com like from to 2010 to 2023 activity on xat.com