Games and Gamebans

Steven

• Advanced Members

It is absolutely asinine that xat continues to charge people for broken features.

It's been well over a year -- maybe even two? -- since HTML5 chats went public. That means @Admin has had more than two years to get it together and recreate games and gamebans in HTML5.

They've also had over two years to reimburse everyone who purchased these powers if these features just aren't in the cards right now.

But instead they've done nothing, and continue to insist that anyone who wants the Everypower pawn should buy powers that are completely and utterly useless and have been for years. In fact, some of them were even broken long before HTML5 chats came into existence. 

The forum helpers can save their fingers; I am well aware that "they're working on it!" and to "be patient!". But the reality is that the admins of this website are offering a PAID service that does not exist, one they have seemingly zero intention of ever actually offering again, because it's been YEARS!

Reimburse the people who have these powers or fix the features you've made people PAY FOR, or come up with some other solution. But stop scamming your users. The fact that this even has to be published is ridiculous. 

Edited by Steven
  • Award 3
  • Sad 1
  • Like 2

• Volunteers

Hello, Steven.

Thank you for your feedback. 

We are well aware about the missing Gameban and Gamerace powers and we DO have the intention to create their HTML5 versions (and even new ones). 

Spaceban was the last game released (a year ago) and then we focused on other stuff as we had 4 games done so far, but we will be making games again soon. (and this time's for real (sry))

• Like 1

• Contributors

I totally agree with this, this problem comes from long ago.

By the way, when you fix or finish developing the gamebans and gameraces, please take into account how badly spaceban is currently going, already mentioned in this post:

Edited by RobFerrari
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, Junior said:

Hello, Steven.

Thank you for your feedback. 

We are well aware about the missing Gameban and Gamerace powers and we DO have the intention to create their HTML5 versions (and even new ones). 

Spaceban was the last game released (a year ago) and then we focused on other stuff as we had 4 games done so far, but we will be making games again soon. (and this time's for real (sry))

Appreciate your reply. I just want to clarify that I have no issue with the developers like you (who as far as I am aware are essentially rebuilding this website for free). You guys have worked your butts off on a part-time basis to save this platform and deserve nothing but credit and appreciation.

My issue lies strictly with the admins who continue to profit off these nonexistent features (even if that profit is small as many of the powers are relatively cheap). Perhaps investing some money into rebuilding these games (since their users invest money to play them) would be appropriate instead of waiting for the people who help xat as a passion project to get to them among a list of many things they have to work on. Or just reimburse people with the powers as a way to apologize for the lengthy delay.

Not a decision you guys can make or even really impact, I'm sure, but if @Admin is reading this, they need to step up. It is nice to have confirmation that they are actually still on the list, though. 

Edited by Steven
  • Award 2
  • Like 1

• Contributors

It’s  really taking a some time but I think there's a fix, it's been a while since HTML5 has been in development, there are some priorities more needed than a Gameban, but I don't think there will be any more delayed.

About refund users and take back the powers are not easily (sry) better wait to be complete our transition to HTML5.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• Huh? 3
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Page said:

It’s  really taking a some time but I think there's a fix, it's been a while since HTML5 has been in development, there are some priorities more needed than a Gameban, but I don't think there will be any more delayed.

About refund users and take back the powers are not easily (sry) better wait to be complete our transition to HTML5.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Who is this "we"? As far as I am aware, you are not associated with xat and cannot possibly know what the timeline looks like.

As I said in my initial post, this type of answer is just unnecessary. You have no ability to change the timeline, and nothing to do with the delay. There is no need to apologize on your behalf or on behalf of xat.

And it would be quite easy to add a certain number of xats to the account of each user who owns the broken powers as a way to apologize for the extremely long "inconvenience" in which services these users paid for were not available or broken. The entire purpose of my post was to point out that taking this long to rebuild paid features while still selling them is unacceptable. Relying on unpaid users to help rebuild the site is fine (I guess), but using that to explain why paid features are unusable is not. There should be no two-year wait for features that people pay for.

Edited by Steven
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members

I have to agree that it is absolutely absurd that people are being charged for powers, which frankly do not work.

Per the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content is data produced and supplied in digital form. Xats in that regard, are digital content. Considering these are paid for, and for free, there's also the monetary value to the products. 

Digital content has three specific factures which they must adhere to;

Satisfactory quality

Fit for purpose, and

as describe by the seller.

APPLYING THIS TEST, THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT FIT FOR SALE.

The problem here lies with the fact that the gamebans are not of satisfactory quality, not fit for purpose, not as described by the seller (as they do not work). The law clearly states that digital products MUST be all three.

xat, being the retailer of the digital content, have the opportunity to replace (not possible in this case) or repair the fault products (the only option with powers). They've been given a fairly substantial period of time to fix the issue, and for that reason I don't think it is unreasonable that customers are beginning to raising public concerns. The customer decides if they want the product repaired or replaced, and as we've already established the only option the customer has is for it to be repaired. 

Then, per EU law (even though the UK has left the EU, EU law was still implemented domestically), if the goods are sold are do not work, or look as advertised, the seller must repair or replace free of charge, or give a price reduction or a full refunds. So this does not apply to everyone, although, it *could* apply to some. 

At the bare minimum, any powers which do not work should be removed from the store so no other user falls into the potential trap of buying a power which is not fit for purpose.

It's utterly disgusting that a company continues to mislead users and sell products which 1) are not of a satisfactory quality, 2) fit for purpose, and 3) as described by the seller and sheer lack of communication on when these powers WILL have a date of working is also less than satisfactory. 

Edited by Karl
  • Award 2
  • Like 1

• Contributors

Yes, sometimes unnecessary answers, and apologies to justify the unjustifiable. I respect the developers very much, and what they have done so far is admirable, it is not easy.

But the post was quite explicit and clear.
---------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, Page said:

it's been a while since HTML5 has been in development

And it's been even longer since flash was still running and several powers were already broken since then. (Regarding this there is not much to say, nor much to justify).

About HTML5, in this case, "spaceban" an already developed power which should already work normally, is still not fit for purpose as friend Karl said, and of course, as shown in the post with images.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...