(Bantime) or (banrules) Group Power Function

slint
Message added by LaFleur,

This has been added with the (bantimes) power.

More info: https://xat.wiki/bantimes

Power Name Selection  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which power name do you prefer most?

• Banrules
    • Bansets
    • Bantime
    • Guideban
    • Banguide

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/18/2021 at 06:00 PM

• Wiki Translators

As a staff I must say this is a really good idea! Sometimes I forget the time and reason, and I can't remember how many hours will be banned on what subjects or I can forget the rules! It's hard to write long ban reasons, I just choose the time and can set it automatically! This is really useful! Thanks, hope it can be done. (applause)

Edited by Deff
  • Award 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Like 3

• Contributors

Your idea is amazing, will be very useful not for official xats only but in general. Will allow us to have a fast answer of our staff, will teach our newest members our rules and the time for each ban/reason.

I really would like to have this easily accessible function, i hope we can have it as soon possible.

Party Wow GIF by Max Amini

Devs please 🥺

• Thanks 2
  • Done! 1
  • Like 1

• Volunteers

I do believe this suggestion has a potential in the future (I liked it personally).

But I have 2 questions regarding: preview 1 and preview 3.

Preview 1: What is it for ? Is it an alternative to preview 2 ?

Preview 3: Are they both different dialog ou they are the same ? I see different title on both..

Thank you for your suggestion!

• Thanks 2

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Preview 1: What is it for ? Is it an alternative to preview 2 ?

preview 1 is an alternative to preview 2.

In this visualization 1, show the shape we were thinking about at the beginning. After a few days, decide to formulate the same as it is in preview 2.

9 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Preview 3: Are they both different dialog ou they are the same ? I see different title on both..

They are the same examples, but with different titles.

10 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Thank you for your suggestion!

Thank you very much.

• Done! 1
  • Like 1

• Wiki Translators

Every detail has been well explained in your suggestion.
It would be definitely useful, and make it easier for the Staff to classify the ban times. 
Since this function will be avoid faulty ban times it would be a favorite group power for the Main owners.
Thank you for your suggestion. 

Edited by Sevda
  • Award 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, SLOom said:

Hello @slint

We are happy to announce that your suggestion was brought to xat staff (they liked it) and it will be considered in the future ! 

But, it's an intention, not a commitment (if it's too hard, we may forget about).

We can't wait to show you once it's done!

Congratulations!

Thank you for taking this into account. 

I will be looking forward to the wait. Thank you very much.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I thought the names (functionban), (setban), (setbantime) would be more appropriate for this power. because here it is talking about a functional power that adjusts the ban times. This is really good idea. makes it easier for the staff. The staff determines the correct and most appropriate time ban with time settings. It will be very useful for me as I am a staff member in many chat rooms. This is a great power. This is a useful and well thought-out power idea for staff. Already this is what it should be; making the right ban at the right time

Edited by DUYGU
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

What about: Banreason or ReasonBan
Because the added ones are some reasons, I think the closest is BanReasons or ReasonsBan. [Because you will be allowed to add more reasons, to be called Reasons]

About TimeBan

Time is added according to the reason, so no time is given without a reason, ban time is added for some reason.
I don't think the name BanTime should be added.

My opinions.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteers

Whether they're classed as "ban rules" or a "ban guide" depends on how strict the main owner wishes to be with them, in my opinion. Each term has its own connotations.

For instance, if the main owner says they must always be used and if you deviate from them you're acting incorrectly, then that sounds more like a rule. But if the main owner says 'follow them when you can but you won't be disciplined if you decide to use your own judgement within the situation', then that sounds more like a guide. Maybe I'm completely overthinking it and getting too caught up in the semantics.

I've voted Bantime because it's more neutral about how it can be used, and you are essentially standardizing ban times at the end of the day (and ban reasons - but they're less problematic).