VOTE POWER REMAKE (Suggestion)

Cupim

VOTE NOW! Your opinion is important.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best vote design for you?

• Make vote INSIDE the chat with header and quickbar access!
    • Make vote INSIDE the chat with quickbar access only (no header!)
    • Make vote INSIDE the chat with a window/dialog instead (final example).
    • Make the vote OUTSIDE the chat as an application as it was in the past.

• Members

Hi Cupim,

Good to know that you are working on this power, users used to use it long before it stopped working in Flash. I think the main Quickbar proposal would be ideal, it is similar to the previous one but now it is included inside the chatbox and changes the position.

It would be nice to add a title to the kiss Instead of showing only the results, for example: These are the results of the vote!

• Volunteers

Hey @Rosali thank you for your comment! But I am not working on vote power. I am just suggesting some changes.

My suggestions here on the initial post are hoping to find other perspectives on how voting on chat could work. 

I believe the vote showing inside the quickbar could be the ideal too, considering users could simple open it or see the results.

But, there are many points to observe, first being the quickbar area which is small when compared to how much you could do if it was an entire window (dialog). 

Using the quickbar means having more limitations. No background at all. Less space for letters. But it gives you the advantage of being clicks away from voting or seeing the results. 

Another idea that comes to mind is what about more features...

What if you could set a deadline for your vote? For example imagine if you could use this https://www.epochconverter.com/ to say the date and time when the vote ends. 

What if you could save your vote to let your community check it later? For example imagine you type and send (vote#save12345) on chat, then clicking on that would open the results of vote id 12345 

giphy.gif

In this idea, the votes should be associated to the chatroom where they took place, and even the possibility for users to vote outside of your chatroom.

Example if you are on xat/Help and sends (vote#save12345), it could allow you to vote in a poll from xat/Trade - or, otherwise, only finished polls could be saved (another example).

Imagine "group polls" being shared through main chat or PC. Easier to advertise your poll, easier to access old results, etc. 

It would be interesting to have an option allowing to "See who voted", showing the list of ids that voted.

There could be two alternatives, "See all who voted", "See who voted by option". First option doesn't tell where you voted but if you voted or not.

Also it could say where the person voted from, if the group poll was opened somewhere else. 

But then, imagine again, it would be reasonable to allow the group owner to unlist its group polls from the save feature (for privacy),

or for the group owner to have the possibility to prevent external group polls to be opened on his chat (anti-ad fear).

Just thinking. 

giphy.gif

• Award 2
  • Cool 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Cupim said:

Hey @Rosali thank you for your comment! But I am not working on vote power. I am just suggesting some changes.

My suggestions here on the initial post are hoping to find other perspectives on how voting on chat could work. 

I believe the vote showing inside the quickbar could be the ideal too, considering users could simple open it or see the results.

But, there are many points to observe, first being the quickbar area which is small when compared to how much you could do if it was an entire window (dialog). 

Using the quickbar means having more limitations. No background at all. Less space for letters. But it gives you the advantage of being clicks away from voting or seeing the results. 

Another idea that comes to mind is what about more features...

What if you could set a deadline for your vote? For example imagine if you could use this https://www.epochconverter.com/ to say the date and time when the vote ends. 

What if you could save your vote to let your community check it later? For example imagine you type and send (vote#save12345) on chat, then clicking on that would open the results of vote id 12345 

giphy.gif

In this idea, the votes should be associated to the chatroom where they took place, and even the possibility for users to vote outside of your chatroom.

Example if you are on xat/Help and sends (vote#save12345), it could allow you to vote in a poll from xat/Trade - or, otherwise, only finished polls could be saved (another example).

Imagine "group polls" being shared through main chat or PC. Easier to advertise your poll, easier to access old results, etc. 

It would be interesting to have an option allowing to "See who voted", showing the list of ids that voted.

There could be two alternatives, "See all who voted", "See who voted by option". First option doesn't tell where you voted but if you voted or not.

Also it could say where the person voted from, if the group poll was opened somewhere else. 

But then, imagine again, it would be reasonable to allow the group owner to unlist its group polls from the save feature (for privacy),

or for the group owner to have the possibility to prevent external group polls to be opened on his chat (anti-ad fear).

Just thinking. 

giphy.gif

I thought the idea was phenomenal, but in terms of having this possibility of setting a deadline for the end of the poll or vote, I think it is a priority, as it would leave users with more prospects for the results. It is good to remember that these changes will contribute a lot to the official xats, as many leaders will be able to use this advantage to know the decision of the public through some decisions that will be made.

Another important point regarding the possibility of moving these polls, I think it would make it more dynamic and a lot more fun because users could take these polls through codes or something like that to their friends, can you imagine how fantastic?

Kids Swag GIF

• Thanks 1

• Contributors

Hello bro, this is a very good idea, with this "boost" the VOTE power could be more easily and fun to who use.

Specially i think it will allow users to use again this power with funny questions and a beautiful design.

I would like to thank you for your amazing suggestion and work with your description with images.

I hope to see it being real for us, it can be done, maybe isn't hard to do it. 

• Like 1

• Wiki Translators

First of all I have to say this is a good idea! Thanks to everyone who contributed with their ideas. I also want to make a small suggestion.

-Like (non-graphical) Smiley Tools, the results can be shown as percentages.

-There's also a translator icon and can be voted in any language!

-A button can be shows old results and old votes.

I hope vote can be remake!

• Like 2

• Members
On 5/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, Deff said:

There's also a translator icon and can be voted in any language!

Hi Deff,

I think if this is done outside the chatbox as before, maybe it could be a bit complicated to implement the translator. But that's also a good idea xoxo (blowkiss) .

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

Hello, 

Thanks to Cupim for explaining well.
Here is my idea, You can take examples in case it is useful, if there is nothing related to this idea ignore this comment.

Regards Bau.