(BlastTime) Group power EPIC FUNCTION

Pedro

• Advanced Members

Hello, forum, I'd like to suggest a new group power.

(EPIC FUNCTION) GROUP POWER.

Name: (BlastTime)

Price: 220 xats

What it is?:

this power will allow users to know the time remaining to get unbanned and the reason and it will be always stamped on the screen of chat always that the user enter on the chat specified with GROUP POWER (Blasttime) active on it with a game menu option.

How it will works?:

Active the power on your chat and mark the box and save, it will automatically active the function of power, in a additional chat managers could choose a random theme set by xat in edit, click in "EDIT" button on edit and there will display some theme of timer.

note users also would to edit the theme with uploading themself backgrounds.

What goes "PLAY GAMES" mean?:

Play games is a third option for the user to entertain, since the user is banned.

when there's group powers active on chat as snakerace,matchban etc.. it will display the games when click in "Play games" button.

if there's no gamebans assigned to the chat, it will show as "empty games".

Why it is so cool and could be implemented?:

Well, defintely it was well thought, elaborated how could be a good GROUP POWER for the entertaiment of users banned when it's a short time of ban or until same leave others users meet gamebans POWERS, In addition to making the chat more "rich", the power is also useful for users who have not seen the reason for the ban.

Preview:

click on the image for a better view.

prototype.png

Previe2:

Prototype.gif

Credits: Vevrok (899981669) (concept and some ideas) Cueio (14141414) (for the idea and ceoncept) Henrique (305799997) (some ideas)

***Find us on xat Ajuda

Edited by Vevrok
  • Done! 3

• Members

In addition to making the chat more "rich", the power is also useful for users who have not seen the reason for the ban. It would also be interesting to have the chat owner choose the theme of the stopwatch, even a possible animation.

Edited by Henrique
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

It's a nice idea and I hope it gets implemented, however...

5 hours ago, Vevrok said:

(EPIC)

Price: 220 xats

???????

"Epic powers are generally very expensive powers that give more desirable effects. They are regarded as rewards for skilled traders. Epic powers can be both Unlimited or Limited."

(Source: https://xat.wiki/Category:Epic)

I know that by putting "EPIC" inside those brackets you imply that it doesn't necessarily need to be one (correct me if I'm wrong) but why would it ever be epic? lol

It doesn't offer any "desirable effect" (you could argue that redcard doesn't either and I would definitely agree with you but that's another story) and the price is definitely too low (not saying that it should be higher).

Also, I don't get why it should be limited.

It's something that would be useful to everyone and afaik the only limited group power which is also a function power is Blastde but I guess that's fine cause it's just an animation.

Edited by Ethan
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

• Contributors

Hi!

I really appreciate the idea of getting the ban reason always on the screen, not only 1 -3 seconds when you get banned.  

Mainly, on the official chats, it would be very useful to know what you did wrong, with more details, usually you only receive one or two words and without other explanations, moderators do not come to you in private to explain in detail.

Maybe that would encourage users to stop feeling "unfair banished " (and I'm referring here to those who haven't spent much time on a chat and aren't aware of the rules) to be honest, not everyone reads the rules when entering a chat. Some because they don't want to, others because they don't know about their existence. Or maybe even poor understanding of the official language of the chat. Yes, there is a translate, but it involves little effort to translate a text on google and many do not want to do it.

I'm not saying it's good to encourage laziness, or not to read the rules, on the contrary, seeing the reason always banished on the screen, maybe it will be an encouragement to study the rules and next time not to break them.

Other than that, I don't think it needs to be an epic power. Without wanting to intervene in the author's suggestion, this is my opinion.

Thank you for your suggestion!

• Award 1
  • Thanks 2

• Advanced Members

58 minutes ago, Henrique said:

@Ethan The information above about power is merely an illustration, obviously xat will decide what is best for them. What should be taken into account is the idea and how useful it can be for users.

Ethan was simply giving constructive criticism. That's the entire point of a suggestion on a discussion board is it not? To critique and comment on other's suggestions? Obviously at the end of the day the decision on how a power would be implemented is entirely up to xat as they have the final say. But Ethan has illustrated some meaningful points i.e. when you think of an "epic" power the price should reflect the title and 220 xats for an "epic" power seems to be too low. 

The overall suggestion is nice, but it's nothing desirable for every user to own. Compared to powers such as purple, gold, ruby not every user owns a chat group, most users tend to be content to be hanging out on a popular chatroom. A chatbox owner would find this power desirable but a group power should be accessible as there are many xat groups on xat. Hence at the price point of 220 xats, it doesn't really seem to hit the mark to hold the title of an epic power. Making it an epic power at such a low price point seems to defeat the purpose of the title of "epic" (personally, when I think of an epic power I think of a power which not all users can afford but once you can afford it, it makes you feel good to own it -> like you're part of an exclusive club or something). Regardless, the overall idea is innovative and it would be nice to see this implemented in the future.

Edited by Enter
  • Award 1
  • Like 1

• Members

@Enter Yes, I'm not ridiculing Ethan's constructive criticism, I just pointed out that the information above is an illustration and that considering the main idea, the suggestion is good and useful for chat owners, just as Blastban is. I'm sorry too, but it has nothing to do with you mentioning that not every user has a chat group, you mentioning it is devaluing many group powers and making them useless.

• Like 2

• Advanced Members

Given xat's current state... and objectively speaking, how many groups are there these days? A group power would have been more desirable during the times when xat was more popular where chatboxes were booming. These days it's mostly dead. It's a sad reality but if it's not already clear there's not many group powers being released anyway which is why most epic powers tend to be user-based rather than group-based. Not saying the power isn't good, but these are the facts of today. I'm not trying to "devalue" the power as you claim, I'm simply being objective and pointing this out as an observation. Even sticker powers are more user-focused compared to group-focused. In an event where in the future xat's momentum becomes booming again, obviously this power would be desirable and only then do I think it would be a worthy candidate to be considered as an epic power.

• Like 2

• Advanced Members

I liked the idea.

Compared there are some ideas that have already been made from powers groups, this one seems to be more '' creative ''.
As our friend said above, know in more detail the reason for your ban in a specific way and the time to be unbanned.

It can also be analyzed whether the main owner of xat would like such a user "registered or unregistered" to see the time that was banned. He himself would configure it in the edit and choose the option that only registered users can see the time / reason.
So those who go just to torment (without registration) would be left without knowing why and how long it was banned (as punishment).

• Like 2

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Ethan said:

It's a nice idea and I hope it gets implemented, however...

???????

"Epic powers are generally very expensive powers that give more desirable effects. They are regarded as rewards for skilled traders. Epic powers can be both Unlimited or Limited."

(Source: https://xat.wiki/Category:Epic)

I know that by putting "EPIC" inside those brackets you imply that it doesn't necessarily need to be one (correct me if I'm wrong) but why would it ever be epic? lol

It doesn't offer any "desirable effect" (you could argue that redcard doesn't either and I would definitely agree with you but that's another story) and the price is definitely too low (not saying that it should be higher).

Also, I don't get why it should be limited.

It's something that would be useful to everyone and afaik the only limited group power which is also a function power is Blastde but I guess that's fine cause it's just an animation.

as this is just a concept of what it could be, obviously as you said it can be LIMITED OR UNLIMITED, but it will be up to xat himself, as they can change as they wish. and even deciding whether this could be an epic power or not, to avoid confusion and I think it didn't help "()".

and it will keep as that.

and my opinion is that it is a power totally different and that can get very valued for chat owners.

and there's alot of chats group yet.

But, yes man, thank you for your constructive cristicm, all comments are welcome. (victory)

Edited by Vevrok

• Pedro changed the title to (BlastTime) Group power EPIC FUNCTION