xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

statusmoving

mtsalves

• Advanced Members

Yeah i remember this suggestion from before but i like the idea. I think with the moving status it should move as how the scroll message on the chat moves.

• Award 1

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Members

This is a great idea, specially for those who like using long texts as their status messages.

I hope this can become a power in the near future, I think this could be released as a new power for HTML5(just like Category and sticker powers)!

• Contributors

We already have powers like Namewave / Nameflag which "add movement" to our nicknames, sparkly smilies and sparkly pawns like Ruby, Gold and everypower. Besides, there are animated avatars available for us to use too.

That being said, I don't know how healthy it would be for our eyes to see more content moving around the screen. Yeah, it would be useful but I don't want more things moving around my screen. Imagine if there were 6 or 7 people with an status scrolling.

I guess it could be tested and see how good it might be, but at first I don't like it.

Edited by Sergio
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

0BrUvK8.gif

This is how it'd look.

It's probably too distracting/annoying. On the other hand, there could be a setting to disable all status scrolls on your side.

I don't think it would be annoying, but yes, there could be a setting or command for those who think it's annoying. However, I also like Stif's idea, it might be less annoying if it's done that way, I guess.

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

I like your suggestion, mainly if creating this FEATURE as Stifler said,

It should work with 1 line of css(yeah animation left-to-right or right-to-left and max-width ONLY),

So it shoudn't be a power because this is too simple for creating, it may be a "boost" for current status power, or maybe allowing people to use it when they have all status powers (glow/color and status).

Edited by xLaming

• Contributors
16 hours ago, LaFleur said:

0BrUvK8.gif

This is how it'd look.

It's probably too distracting/annoying. On the other hand, there could be a setting to disable all status scrolls on your side.

Is it possible to test it out with 4 different status on 4 different people? Just to see if it's too distracting when they are all together on the user's list.

• Advanced Members

Maybe a command which can disable the users' moving statuses while you can keep yours to move or you could just select how many statuses of the users on the user list you can keep them from moving on your side.

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, 6 said:

Maybe a command which can disable the users' moving statuses while you can keep yours to move or you could just select how many statuses of the users on the user list you can keep them from moving on your side.

A new $Macro could probably accomplish this. If this gets created then I'd also think StatusGrad/StatusWave should be automatically ruled out. Besides, I think a StatusScroll would better fit Status than more colors in the status lol.

• Volunteers

I think this is a natural evolution of the status power.

It looks professional and it's more likely to grab attention than a regular status. It should allow for longer messages to be shown too (without needing to hover over it).