Small gestures in life

Enter

• Advanced Members

I was out shopping for some games yesterday to relieve stress and upon meeting up with the dude for the exchange, he offered me an additional game for free even though he had absolutely no obligation to do so (he offered the game to me for free seeing as I was a genuine buyer / really wanted the game). It got me thinking, what are the small gestures that other people or even you do that put a smile on someone's face and make your heart feel warm and loved? (It can be xat stories too) 

Looking forward to reading a bunch of stories! These small gestures may not be lifechanging but they remind us that life can be great with the right people and not all individuals are self-centered!

• Like 4

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've given $3 to a friend awhile ago on twitch because that's all I had left and when he smiled, that warmed up my heart, it doesn't matter how much money you have with you, giving back to the twitch community in any way is just special to me even if it's just $1

Edited by Austy
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Had a break down during my interns, the standard crying in a stairwell stuff which is the best place to cry in the hospital. One of my class mates I had never talked to went and bought made me a cup of hot chocolate, the same way I got it every day. Helped me get back up and finish the day. It's funny how that could still put a smile on my face till this day.

• Like 3

• Advanced Members

A long time ago, when my father died, I was a child. most of my colleagues avoided me, because I was a child of another color, not speaking the local language. I was always alone with my books. When my father died, I was absent from school for a few days for the funeral. I didn't tell anyone. On the day of the funeral, I glanced around the street, and saw a procession ... all my colleagues, absolutely all, were coming to my house. Alone, without teachers to force them. For me it was the most beautiful and unexpected gesture from people who until then were not my friends at all. I will never forget that.

• Like 2

• Advanced Members

In these times that we are living in, I as head of public health have always given my best to the entire population, but never with the intention of showing up, I remember very well being recognized publicly by local authorities and this proves that when we do the things with a lot of love, everything is rewarded. (applause)