Stealth mode

Solange

• Advanced Members

Hello,

I did a quick research on the forum and didn't find anything similar to what I'm going to suggest. However, perhaps this has already been thought of by the HTML5 team. If not, then great!

This is a very simple suggestion that consists in adding an option to the settings that allows us activate the stealth mode. There's more than one way it could work:

1. Once activating this option, the stealth mode would automatically be activated whenever you visit a chat where you're owner or main owner.

2. When activating this option, it would allow us add a list of chats where we would like to be shown as guests when being owners or main owners. Perhaps, some people don't want to be shown as guest on all the chats where they're owners.

I know adding the stealth mode symbol to our names may be easier than this, but I think this would be an interesting and somehow useful feature anyway. Also; not sure if this happens to everyone, but now, when we add the stealth symbol to our names it's also shown when we send chat messages and looks ugly (although I know other people cannot see it). However, I would understand if people think this is not necessary.

Thank you for reading.

• Award 3
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

Like you said, though not mandatory, I think it's a nice feature as well I think it can be activated / toggled in the existing user settings (like with other settings). An all-in-one setting is certainly more desirable compared to constantly having to addd/remove the "$" sign in your name (and much more user-friendly for new users too).

• Like 1

• Wiki Translators

Good idea now we couldn't see a symbol of privacy before. However, we see it after the last update or our nick appears on a chat site. Perhaps such an innovation is not needed when they have invisible powers.You can be an owner/main owner who wants to be seen by everyone and wants to be seen as a guest like me.If Quickbara returns such a button, I'll use it. Thanks

• Wiki Translators

The suggestion in sight would definitely look more professional instead to add/remove it every time (like said above). May it's not seen necessary from some of us but thats definitely a useful idea. 
(Eye-pleasing innovations wouldn't be wrong.)

• Award 1

• Members

@Solange I thought about suggesting this yesterday after realizing that the stealth mode was not working perfectly: a dollar sign emoji would appear in place ... It would be a great resource, and it would be better if this option appeared only for users who are in charge of owner in chat. (just not to take up space in the settings of all users) The statusfx same, the option appears for all users, EVEN THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE POWER.

spacer.png

Edited by Henrique

• Advanced Members
48 minutes ago, Henrique said:

@Solange I thought about suggesting this yesterday after realizing that the stealth mode was not working perfectly: a dollar sign emoji would appear in place ... It would be a great resource, and it would be better if this option appeared only for users who are in charge of owner in chat. (just not to take up space in the settings of all users) The statusfx same, the option appears for all users, EVEN THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE POWER.

spacer.png

Not only that, but it's a hit or miss on the mobile app too. I can have stealth in my name but on the xat App it doesn't seem to let me appear in stealth mode.

• Moderators

Yes. We already thought about it.

It will be a user setting and the dollar sign will no longer be used to be in stealth mode. If you use it on your name, it will be visible to everyone.

We hope to have it live next version.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Stif said:

Yes. We already thought about it.

It will be a user setting and the dollar sign will no longer be used to be in stealth mode. If you use it on your name, it will be visible to everyone.

We hope to have it live next version.

Great news!

• 2 months later...
  • Stif locked this topic