new xatspace

Pedro

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, some users have suggested this a few years ago and it can be easily modified with the css code. It is also worth remembering that xat invested in power (ME) precisely for that too, to give more space and autonomy in the edits of the css code. Changing the xatspace in this way is to make the power (ME) practically "useless" since the main function is not smilies. I particularly support innovating xatspace (but we must not forget the origins.)

• Done! 1

• Contributors
1 hour ago, Henrique said:

It is also worth remembering that xat invested in power (ME) precisely for that too, to give more space and autonomy in the edits of the css code.

As Henrique said, we can do anything with power (ME), but anyway, I liked your suggestion, specially this could be our “default” xat space, a new version from the older.

This is a good idea, hope see it in the future. 

• Done! 1

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Page said:

As Henrique said, we can do anything with power (ME), but anyway, I liked your suggestion, specially this could be our “default” xat space, a new version from the older.

This is a good idea, hope see it in the future. 

what about the css?

css can be replaced with "ME" power rework, which add new styles to the INTERFACE a option can be added into the "xatspace settings" up to 10 styles different as a dark mode option but in different styles.

I comment about this in "what about the css" which can have a new rework on that, anyways thanks for your comment xD

Edited by Vevrok

• Members
1 hour ago, Kale said:

Vejo uma ótima ideia, muitos usuários têm problemas com a criação de CSS, devemos simplificar a vida dos usuários.

... (ugh)

It is worth remembering that the creation of CSS is also a form of commerce, who does not understand much about the subject there are 2 possible alternatives: either research more about editing, or hire someone to edit.

• Bot Service Providers

As far as I know the new xatspace is already in development...

And I think that this idea wouldn't be well received by the community, although the material design is beautiful, it has nothing to do with xat and its design.

Also removing CSS support would be detrimental to designers, it would be better update the header & footer according to the new design, but allowing the use of CSS or xatframes.

• Advanced Members

Default xatspaces definitely need a revamp. However, I don't like your idea.

Though I agree with xLaming that material design wouldn't fit xat, I'm not gonna talk about that since you clearly stated that it's a demo and that the design may be changed.

What I really dislike about it is that you suggest to remove CSS support - which is clearly the best thing about xatspaces - and give the option to choose from some default themes instead.

Now, how boring would that be? Everyone would have pretty much the same xatspace.

Also, don't forget that some people make quite a lot of xats by selling xatspaces.

15 hours ago, Vevrok said:

there's nothing different only the layout which will change, but the xatspace will have their same functions like before.

what i'll be able to do in xatspace settings?

you will to be able to change your COVER PHOTO, PROFILE PHOTO, @xat MENTION PROFILE, be able to change name.

check/delete/modify your files such "PHOTOS,VIDEOS."

a search bar to localize your posts.

a option to back to the current chat that you has clicked in profile without even loggin out you of chat.

you can a option to enable your profile chat with your profile xatspace then you don't need go to xatspace settings everytime.

How is that not different from what it currently is? You basically turned it into another social media lol.

THIS NEW XATSPACE IS ONLY A IDEA TO THESE THAT DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT CODES ETC, A WAY TO ORGANIZE BETTER.

There's one simple solution to this: xatframes.

If xat adds the option to use xatframes, there could be a library (like the one for groups) and people that don't know how to use CSS/HTML (and that don't want to spend xats to buy one from a designer) could choose one from there. 

Edited by Ethan
  • Award 1
  • Like 1