Chatbox indications for xat Resellers

• Contributors

Hey! Remember to read the title and focus on the main suggestion (Resellers).

Enter probably values your comments, but is waiting for Feedback on his suggestion that has nothing to do with Volunteers.

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Volunteers

All I can imagine is that instead of a star you'd have a dollar sign on your pawn appearance but unfortunately has no official resellers so any type of exclusive indication on chat could contradict xat and its way to handle reselling. 

Perhaps we can think out of the box here and proceed with the Verification strategy, using a criteria that verified users are these listed within the xat wiki articles.

eg. If you're a listed bot, contributor, wiki editor, volunteer... or a reseller, you'd get the 'Verified status", to indicate that you are the same user as the one listed on the article. 

So the verified sign on chat would lead you to a wiki article where it instructs people about vols, resellers, contributors and etc. and why they are 'signalized' on the chats (explain that it's meant to prevent phishing)

The verification criteria wouldn't be based on your volunteer status, or if you're a contributor, or either join the argument room on why official reselling doesn't exist ... But simple due to the fact that your ID is somewhere on the wiki (for a good util reason) 

• Award 3
  • Like 1
  • Advanced Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Abrahan said:

Hey! Remember to read the title and focus on the main suggestion (Resellers).

Enter probably values your comments, but is waiting for Feedback on his suggestion that has nothing to do with Volunteers.

If volunteers are actively engaging in a discussion, why cannot we discuss the matter? They enforce the rules or am I wrong??

58 minutes ago, Cupim said:

eg. If you're a listed bot, contributor, wiki editor, volunteer... or a reseller, you'd get the 'Verified status", to indicate that you are the same user as the one listed on the article. 

So the verified sign on chat would lead you to a wiki article where it instructs people about vols, resellers, contributors and etc. and why they are 'signalized' on the chats (explain that it's meant to prevent phishing)

Waits for my mobile bug buster title - https://xat.wiki/Special_Thanks 

3 hours ago, xLaming said:

"Individuals are responsible for the material they post to the chat box but group moderators should do what they can to ensure that your users abide by the terms and conditions.", #5

"1. Each chat has its own rules which is to allow or deny the sale of xats for money. This is said by xat terms (main owners are responsible for their chats)"

I'll break it down for you - Individuals (NOT THE MAIN OWNER)  responsible for what THEY post, but moderators (NOT THE MAIN OWNER) should do WHAT THEY CAN to ensure terms are not broken. At no point do xat terms ever state what you are attempting to tell me they do.

Since the beginning xat has always listed the volunteers, so it's impossible to change that now, without an official list the thefts would become chaos, see what is happening now... there are already a lot of thefts by faek volunteers, try to imagine what would it happen if that list was simply removed.

Wrong (You'll get bored of hearing this, trust me). Remove all volunteer recognition from the forum and the wiki (who uses that anyway), admins take an ACTIVE role in ensuring that volunteers don't communicate via xat and also no one tells anyone they're a volunteer. It's really not hard. Also, I'll go back over the Mens Rea and the Acteus Reus of theft because you clearly missed it the first time - "dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it" - YOU CANNOT PERFORM THEFT ON xat.

https://xat.wiki/Resellers points "They are not official nor verified resellers." - they don't need any in-chat verification.

Wrong. If they are neither official nor verified, then why are xat endorsing them? If they're not official nor verified why do they warrant a wiki page? I'm also a reseller if we apply your logic, the page also becomes redundant if we use your logic.

Doesnt make sense for resellers to be considered above volunteers just because they do transactions (buying/selling) xats for users. After all, volunteers are working for free to help these users, even in cases of fake volunteers scamming.

Wrong. Volunteers are normal users, they are not "considered above" anyone, so for a reseller to be considered above a volunteer would also be highly odd because again, as we pointed out, resellers are not official nor verified. Surprisingly, the only person who's ever assumed that this change puts resellers above volunteers is you. Also, volunteers do NOT deal with the transfer of monies, in relation to the transfer of money, anyone who is "endorsed" - lightly using the term because for some reason you're adamant they don't endorse them, reality check THE WIKI IS WRONG -. I'd rather ensure the person I'm spending REAL LIFE MONEY with is official and verified. 

xat is the only social network that has not yet made a badge for the support staff, this would prevent many thefts.

Wrong. Sometimes its great to use words like theft, but when you don't understand the concept it really becomes evident. AGAIN YOU CANNOT COMMIMT THEFT ON xat.

If you go to help chats you know that every day there are people complaining about theft by some fake volunteer, but it's extremely rare for someone to say that about resellers.

Wrong. Not theft, for the 3rd time this post. No doubt I'll be explaining this again.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I can see your point about volunteers not being publicly known, but I think a lot of problems come with that. If the wiki article was removed, that's one less way to discredit the people that claim to be a volunteer. This could just make it easier for them. Though, clearly, the victims didn't check the wiki article. I'm more for discrediting the fakes, as opposed to "promoting" vols - that's why I wouldn't disagree with having an in-chat indicator. The more ways to discredit the fakes, the better in my opinion.

You're absolutely correct, it would cause a lot of problems. Volunteers cannot use their power for their own personal gain, and we both know (and I'm more than willing to list) abuses of power in the past, it can happen again. The wiki article only works if people check it, and if people did they wouldn't get scammed by fake volunteers.

Maybe as opposed to an in-chat indicator, the admins actively push agendas to promote understanding that volunteers WONT communicate with you on xat chats. That being "pop-up" windows, such as the one which says about collecting cookies and whatever google adsense wants from user data. Store the "Yes I accept" box or whatever for 30 days, or 15, and make people continuously acknowledge they've read it to ensure they know that. Admins also have a duty to do as much as possible to prevent scams, but they do not. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I don't think any real volunteer-related talk should really being going on, other than something like opening a ticket, anyway. That's not to say people don't openly share "personal" info with people whom they believe are volunteers, or are volunteers for that matter. It certainly happens a lot(without volunteers asking for it, it's happened to me plenty of times). It goes to show that people put more trust into the title, and that's a bit dangerous.

Actively encourage volunteers to not talking about tickets, opening tickets, answering tickets or whatever else can be promoted in relation to tickets then.

(The term "volunteer" and "staff" will mean the same thing for this next point, although they are NOT the same thing)

One thing I think is vital to remember, xats volunteer team IS the only support system this website has. You do not go to twitter, and speak to twitter staff directly on twitter, you do it through the correct channels EG the support system they have in place. The site itself should not be used for issues relating to support and why its supported is something I cannot fathom.

Edited by Karl
  • Award 1
  • Like 3
  • Advanced Members

Hello guys

Interesting what is being discussed here.

Many people with interesting ideas that can bring some benefit to xat.com.

This topic has been discussed many times, the last time it was discussed, there was a revolt between xat.com users.(sman)

My idea is to add TOPIC of Suggestions for approval, or leave it as it is now, just please improve the suggestions offered by users, for criticism we can use private message, to say what we do not like.

When a new suggestion is added must be prepared for any criticism, but is a little unmotivated and sad.

I did not know that in 2021 there are staff members without knowing who is a Contributor, Volunteer, Reseller, Admins.
This is the lack of information, this happens when you add friends to be part of the staff, and not the ones who really deserve it. [Of course everyone deserves it, it's just a way of saying it].

• Advanced Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, xLaming said:

Ok, let's go...

Since the beginning xat has always listed the volunteers, so it's impossible to change that now, without an official list the thefts would become chaos, see what is happening now... there are already a lot of thefts by faek volunteers, try to imagine what would it happen if that list was simply removed.

not true.  A handful of volunteers chose not to be listed.  

I will be the "old timer" here and disagree with the suggestion.  

Since the beginning of cyan pawn creation, people have suggested a pawn for volunteers, a token for resellers, etc.

It has always been shot down with the notion that a certain group is not to be more special then another.

I fought for emeriti to be removed because it listed some who did not deserve and not others who did.  The history was not known to the list at the time.

I am guessing very few here could even tell me WHO the original volunteer was.  

There has always been users scamming as "volunteers".  None of this is anything new.  

Wiki is enough of a recognition. 

Edited by Christina
  • Award 2
  • Like 1