Chatbox indications for xat Resellers

Enter

• Advanced Members

When on official chats, sometimes resellers get kicked for advertising sale and purchase of xats. My suggestion is to maybe have a special pawn to indicate a user is an official xat reseller could alleviate this problem. Another bonus would be users can easily identify resellers without having to check the wiki page. Though not mandatory, this could be a nice indicator for users as well as resellers.

@SapphireOfficialSuggested instead of a pawn a logo or a "check" verification mark would be another good alternative.

@EthanSuggested instead of a pawn, a coin with the xat logo can be used as another indication of a reseller.

Looking forward to reading other suggestions!

Edited by Enter
Added suggestions proposed by other commentors!

• Advanced Members

Personally I think that a pawn is not necessary, the only user that uses an exclusive pawn to be differentiated among all (even volunteers) is the xat Admin and celebrities.

Ideally, resellers should contact the Chat Manager of the chat group that was kicked, they are authorized trusted users, however I believe that in the case of Help and Lobby chats they cannot be promoting the sale or purchase of xats outside the store (they can use a status), but in Trade chats it is different.

I remember Santy had this problem in xat Cambio, he needed to sell his xats and Solange kindly suggested that he become a Reseller so that he could do it without any problem.

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, SapphireOfficial said:

For Reseller should be a simbol not a pawn to say is verificated  spacer.png and you can trust this seller!

I think this is also a good alternative, the entire suggestion isn't mandatory but would be a nice addition anyways.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, SapphireOfficial said:

For Reseller should be a simbol not a pawn to say is verificated  spacer.png and you can trust this seller!

I remember that this was also suggested to verify the accounts of the Volunteers and that users could identify them.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, theFlower said:

@Crowthis already suggested before 2 times and u  closed the topic .

@Enteri suggsted that and they refused that before for no reason they said we cant do special pawn for special users bcz we  have alot of special things at xat.

Noted.

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, theFlower said:

@Enteri suggsted that and they refused that before for no reason they said we cant do special pawn for special users bcz we  have alot of special things at xat.

You suggested adding a rank for resellers on the forum, not a pawn on chat groups.

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

You suggested adding a rank for resellers on the forum, not a pawn on chat groups.

my suggestion was general i said we can give them rank or pawn at forum or xat chat read my suggetion well

• Advanced Members

I guess it wouldn't hurt but it's definitely not necessary.

I agree with Sapphire that a badge would be better but it should be something that lets you know it's a verified reseller without hovering over it.

Maybe a coin with the xat logo inside? 

51 minutes ago, theFlower said:

29 minutes ago, theFlower said:

my suggestion was general i said we can give them rank or pawn at forum or xat chat read my suggetion well

If you're talking about this topic

then no, your suggestion was totally different.

You suggested to create special pawns for real jobs, not for resellers or other roles.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
26 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I agree with Sapphire that a badge would be better but it should be something that lets you know it's a verified reseller without hovering over it.

If you're talking about this topic

then no, your suggestion was totally different.

You suggested to create special pawns for real jobs, not for resellers or other roles.

i made two posts  about  jobs and things at xat resellers and designers and ..... search well u find it and it was suggested before me too 

• Advanced Members
30 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Oh I like the coin logo idea! Would definitely be nice! I shall toggle my post to reflect these suggestions!

• Thanks 1

• Enter changed the title to Chatbox indications for xat Resellers
  • Advanced Members
35 minutes ago, theFlower said:

i made two posts  about  jobs and things at xat resellers and designers and ..... search well u find it and it was suggested before me too 

The other topic you made was about ranks on forum and you didn't mention resellers at all. Again, it's not what Enter suggested.

I haven't found any other topic regarding this matter but it's possible that someone suggested something like this before.

32 minutes ago, SapphireOfficial said:

No need to make drama is was only a suggestion nothing more! Thanks.

Don't worry, that's not what I want either.

I'm just afraid that people might think it's not worth posting after reading what theFlower said.

I highly doubt that this suggestion will ever be implemented (at least not any time soon) considering they haven't done anything for volunteers yet - which I personally consider more necessary - but it's wrong to say they've already said no when they haven't.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

I don't see why it needs to be added, and I don't see this being added anytime soon.

1. Each chat has its own rules which is to allow or deny the sale of xats for money. This is said by xat terms (main owners are responsible for their chats)

2. Not even volunteers have pawns or symbols to show that they're real. They need it more than resellers, because many xat users are stolen by fake volunteers.

3. If the chat you were kicked allows you to sell xats for money, you should contact the main owner, because it's an unfair ban.

My suggestion for main owners in official chats: Discuss with your staff if you allow/deny these sales, since the staff is always changing.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The idea of implementing some type of verification symbol for resellers sounds interesting, although I don't think it's extremely urgent nor necessary to add such a thing.

I would say staff on trading chats are aware of who's a reseller and who's not. If not, they can easily check the link that redirects to the wiki page that shows the resellers list. I think every trading chat has a link that redirects to this wiki page (I know it's been said this would be a good way to avoid having to check the list on the wiki, but checking it doesn't seem to be that hard anyway).

As mentioned by other members within this discussion, the only badge or verification symbol that should urgently be added to xat is the volunteers one. We deal with lots of people that are scammed by fake volunteers, and this happens very often, so xat really needs to implement a way to recognize volunteers on chats. I can say we volunteers are tired and very angry of seeing how people are being scammed by these unscrupulous fake volunteers, almost daily.

A verification symbol for resellers doesn't seem to be a bad idea, sounds interesting and could be implemented in the future. But definitely, something that can wait for some time before being implemented since there are more urgent things to do.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I've personally suggested adding some type of verification for volunteers in the past as well. I think it is very important to have, because users will overly-trust people who they believe is a volunteer. There is no doubt an indication for volunteers would be beneficial in the grand scheme of things.

On the other hand, regarding resellers indication, I could see it not being added due to resellers not exactly being "official", but more-so "trusted" - meaning resellers aren't exactly endorsed by xat.

Though, I still do believe there is a case to be made regarding resellers as well. People are either buying or selling xats from them, typically in pretty big quantities. Of course the wiki is there, same as for the volunteers, but that system is flawed (as you can see with fake-vol scams). Not everyone even knows about the wiki, and those are the people that far more likely to be scammed.

Ultimately, I believe a volunteer indication is more top-priority. However, I believe a reseller indication has its place as well. Both are good suggestions that may help alleviate some of the frequent scams taking place.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Firstly, that's not a bad idea to both side.

But if there's a wiki to that why add more things? If you think that the xat wiki is not useful... magine after this be added? It'll be totally forgotten.

And secondly: it's not a bad idea to be added to xat chats for all volunteers, but it's a waste time since that there's a wiki to this and all volunteers are no special and neither resellers. They only have a function on xat. Are trusted to such function.

If you think that it can or must be added then you'll agree that a mark verification or badge must also be added to "CONTRIBUTORS" or "GAME MAKERS", "SMILEY MAKERS", no?

why not add more people to speed up procedures and provide more support? "eh, but we need trusted users" there are many hidden or "covered" out there, and that really wants to help and is not noticed.

Why aren't volunteers more often on xat chats?

Ends.

Only one special is xat (42) which's marked with a black pawn and possible could be added a MARK VERIFICATION OR A xat LOGO TO FIRM IT. (I AGREE 100%).

There's already a wiki and forum to show who are them.

You guys need understand that unique thing that will change xat are changes that affect xat web and xat mobile in improvements.

Edited by Vevrok

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Vevrok said:

Firstly, that's not a bad idea to both side.

But if there's a wiki to that why add more things? If you think that the xat wiki is not useful... magine after this be added? It'll be totally forgotten.

And secondly: it's not a bad idea to be added to xat chats for all volunteers, but it's a waste time since that there's a wiki to this and all volunteers are no special and neither resellers. They only have a function on xat. Are trusted to such function.

If you think that it can or must be added then you'll agree that a mark verification or badge must also be added to "CONTRIBUTORS" no?

Only one special is xat (42) which's marked with a black pawn and possible could be added a MARK VERIFICATION OR A xat LOGO TO FIRM IT. (I AGREE 100%).

You guys need understand that unique thing that will change xat are changes that affect xat web and xat mobile in improvements.

The reason why a verification symbol NEEDS to be added to xat volunteers on xat chats is because many people are being scammed by fake volunteers daily. It's not something xat volunteers want to have on their accounts for the sake of it, it has a purpose and it's stopping scammers from scamming people. And yes, volunteers have always been listed on the wiki, but apparently that has not been enough since people are still believing in those fake volunteers. People usually don't check the wiki, therefore something needs to be added on chats to stop this.

Yes, volunteers are not special. However, they are users who have access to the ticket system and are supposed to be the most representative users xat has. xat users trust volunteers, they know they have different abilities on users' accounts and can solve account issues. I believe this and what I've mentioned above are enough reasons for the addition of a verification symbol for volunteers on chats.

Also, you cannot compare contributors with volunteers. Contributors are users who have access to certain section where they can voice their opinions on potential changes on the website. Volunteers are users with special abilities on users' accounts and are the ones that help you solve account issues. Big difference.

• Advanced Members
47 minutes ago, Solange said:

The reason why a verification symbol NEEDS to be added to xat volunteers on xat chats is because many people are being scammed by fake volunteers daily.

I disagree entirely. The best thing xat could do in relation to volunteers is making ALL volunteers unknown, just like people who delist chats and whatever else you want to group with them. Theres numerous reasons why I think this is the best cause of action but for time sake I'll only list a few.

1. If no one is aware of who volunteers are, no volunteer related discussions can happen on xat, thus limiting the power and scope of people attempting to use the pretence they are "volunteers" as way to scam people.
  2. Means that information related to accounts, WHICH SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE VIA TICKET, is only possible VIA TICKET. Limits volunteers being heckled on chats also.
  3. People can't use their volunteer status to attempt to intimidate anyone, and or, use it to look "cool" or act like they're important (reality check you're not!!!!!) 

IF you want to be a volunteer, you shouldn't need special recognition that you are. You do it because you want to, not for special treatment.

47 minutes ago, Solange said:

Volunteers have been listed on the wiki.

The wiki is redundant, no one is going to actively check the wiki if someone IS or IS not a volunteer in the process of being scammed by a SAID volunteer.

6 hours ago, Ethan said:

Coin with xat logo

Something original that represents xat, like a coin with the xat logo, is far better than the generic tick. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

On the other hand, regarding resellers indication, I could see it not being added due to resellers not exactly being "official", but more-so "trusted" - meaning resellers aren't exactly endorsed by xat.

Whether or not volunteers, and admins, want to acknowledge the fact there are people endorsed by xat is some what redundant. Once you claim someone is "trusted" on an official part of the website, this case being the wiki, they are unfortunately endorsed by xat. If you want to endorse someone, then the least you can do is give them the ability to show they are endorsed by xat. This prevents scams, and also allows the people trusted enough to buy xats, directly from xat, to show they are trusted without need to navigate a yet again redundant wiki. 

3 hours ago, xLaming said:

1. Each chat has its own rules which is to allow or deny the sale of xats for money. This is said by xat terms (main owners are responsible for their chats)

Not sure what terms you are reading, but it most certainty does NOT say that. (xat.com/terms - please point out section number ty)

3 hours ago, xLaming said:

2. Not even volunteers have pawns or symbols to show that they're real. They need it more than resellers, because many xat users are stolen by fake volunteers.

No they do NOT. Monetary transactions are far more important than someone claiming they are or are not a volunteer. If you willfully give something over, its not theft or illegal in any stance, even if done on false pretenses. Dishonest - Appropriation - Of property - belonging to another - with the intent - of permanently depriving them of it. Issue here is "belonging to another" - doesn't belong to another if wilfully given, thus not stolen. 

Edited by Karl
  • Award 4

• Bot Service Providers
44 minutes ago, Karl said:

Not sure what terms you are reading, but it most certainty does NOT say that. (xat.com/terms - please point out section number ty)

"Individuals are responsible for the material they post to the chat box but group moderators should do what they can to ensure that your users abide by the terms and conditions.", #5

No they do NOT. Monetary transactions are far more important than someone claiming they are or are not a volunteer. If you willfully give something over, its not theft or illegal in any stance, even if done on false pretenses. Dishonest - Appropriation - Of property - belonging to another - with the intent - of permanently depriving them of it. Issue here is "belonging to another" - doesn't belong to another if wilfully given, thus not stolen. 

I disagree entirely. The best thing xat could do in relation to volunteers is making ALL volunteers unknown [...]

Ok, let's go...

Since the beginning xat has always listed the volunteers, so it's impossible to change that now, without an official list the thefts would become chaos, see what is happening now... there are already a lot of thefts by faek volunteers, try to imagine what would it happen if that list was simply removed.

https://xat.wiki/Resellers points "They are not official nor verified resellers." - they don't need any in-chat verification.

Doesnt make sense for resellers to be considered above volunteers just because they do transactions (buying/selling) xats for users. After all, volunteers are working for free to help these users, even in cases of fake volunteers scamming.

xat is the only social network that has not yet made a badge for the support staff, this would prevent many thefts.

If you go to help chats you know that every day there are people complaining about theft by some fake volunteer, but it's extremely rare for someone to say that about resellers.

That being said, I'm still totally against the idea of making a badge for resellers, even because each of them has their own chats for selling their xats/days. If help/trade chats allows or not selling xats for money, this should be discussed between main owners and their staff.

Edited by xLaming

• Members

@SolangeI understand your concern, but I believe that just a verification symbol will not do much to combat these false volunteers. My suggestion would be instead of creating a specific pawn or adding a checkmark, give a way to add "registered volunteer online" next to the pawn, it would be more explicit and objective than a humble symbol:

spacer.png

And about what was suggested in relation to the reseller's pawn, that really wouldn't be useful and necessary at the moment;

• On the wiki page, it says that xat.com does not recommend purchases made from resellers, that the user is subject to risks, etc. The only reliable purchase of xats and will remain so is through xat itself. To create a specific pawn for this is to take more responsibility for the attitudes of the dealers.
Edited by Henrique

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Karl said:

I disagree entirely. The best thing xat could do in relation to volunteers is making ALL volunteers unknown, just like people who delist chats and whatever else you want to group with them. Theres numerous reasons why I think this is the best cause of action but for time sake I'll only list a few.

I can see your point about volunteers not being publicly known, but I think a lot of problems come with that. If the wiki article was removed, that's one less way to discredit the people that claim to be a volunteer. This could just make it easier for them. Though, clearly, the victims didn't check the wiki article. I'm more for discrediting the fakes, as opposed to "promoting" vols - that's why I wouldn't disagree with having an in-chat indicator. The more ways to discredit the fakes, the better in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Karl said:

If no one is aware of who volunteers are, no volunteer related discussions can happen on xat, thus limiting the power and scope of people attempting to use the pretence they are "volunteers" as way to scam people.

Means that information related to accounts, WHICH SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE VIA TICKET, is only possible VIA TICKET. Limits volunteers being heckled on chats also.

I don't think any real volunteer-related talk should really being going on, other than something like opening a ticket, anyway. That's not to say people don't openly share "personal" info with people whom they believe are volunteers, or are volunteers for that matter. It certainly happens a lot(without volunteers asking for it, it's happened to me plenty of times). It goes to show that people put more trust into the title, and that's a bit dangerous.

1 hour ago, xLaming said:

https://xat.wiki/Resellers points "They are not official nor verified resellers." - they don't need any in-chat verification.
Doesnt make sense for resellers to be considered above volunteers just because they do transactions (buying/selling) xats for users. After all, volunteers are working for free to help these users, even in cases of fake volunteers scamming.

That is, of course, a safety net for xat. @Karl has a point: dealing with, often large amounts of, real currency transactions are a pretty big deal. Volunteers shouldn't be talking about much volunteer-related stuff in-chat anyway, so it does make sense that it could be seen as more important. Though these fake volunteer-type scams do happen more often than most would think. I believe both of them have a case to be made in terms of discrediting any impersonators.

Edited by Kyle
  • Award 1

• Volunteers

Reselling is not encouraged by xat although xat does have a list of recommended resellers for users to avoid being scammed. Keep in mind you always do it at your own risks.

I don't think a special pawn or indication is needed on chats for resellers. If they want to prove their faith, they can show the wiki article to their customers. Whether they can sell or buy on official chats is up to chat managers only.

Regarding the volunteer indication on chat, I am personally against. It gives us too much attention than needed and will most likely not reduce the scams at all, for the following reasons:

- If you dont know the wiki, you most likely have never seen a volunteer on chat and would probably not notice whether there is a "volunteer" indicator, so you would still believe the scammer.

- Most of current scams are not users impersonating volunteers but mainly users impersonating xat staff or "official bots", in short something that wouldn't get the indicator if there was one.

- Even if you are aware of everything, the indicator, the wiki list or whatsoever, scammers will always find a reason why they are not using the listed accounts (go undercover for privacy reasons).

Chat indicators is just fancy stuff, including the black pawn. Last but not least, the crucial point is not who you talk to but where you talk. Sensitive issues should ALWAYS be handled on the ticket system, period. Regardless of who replies the ticket.

• Award 2