special store for Graphics

Sephiroth

• Contributors

Hi! here is my idea.

Even if someone ever proposed this in the past, I am sure it wasn't in this form. I searched in forum and wasn't able to find anything alike. 

I would like to see a special store for graphics, where all designers can register as creators and expose their work in all the possible forms: gif models, backgrounds, pcback, xat players and so on.  xat doesnt need to store the graphics on their servers, we can use sites like imgur and post links, and the xat only display the link content. 

And users can come to buy products from there with xats, a small fee from the sellings going to xat, for the effort of creating the store for us. 

Also, there can be premium features, to promote  products for a fee, and so on. 

All the products will be displayed as a presentation, and  customized according to customers' request. There can be a form to fill, with options: pick 3D name, pick colors, upload favorite image and other details. 

I know it is a big effort, but xat won't be responsible for any misunderstandings between customers and sellers. Also, there can be a rating option, and customers can mark their discontent by leaving low rating to the seller. And xat will receive part of the sellings and will have no part to any conflict. 

• Like 2

• Advanced Members

It's an interesting idea that you just posted here.

I think you mean making a library of graphic designs similar to xatframe, but instead of being public/free and pre-approved you want it to be a kind of store where they can buy them directly. However, each user has different requirements for their designs, for example, use a specific chat name or a color, so this library would not work as a store but as a gallery of designs.

There are currently many external and approved galleries that you can use to post your work, for example: Behance, Flickr and if users like your work they can send you a message to make a request and/or purchase.

Another negative aspect that I see from this suggestion is that it would take a lot of work continuously, that is, xat should delegate people to moderate or approve the content that is being shared in this store to make sure that inappropriate content is not shared or not this using it correctly. Also they would have to find people who have knowledge in some languages like CSS, HTML to be able to examine the code of the players or xatspaces.

And taking into account that the store would belong to xat, if would have an effect on misunderstandings.

• Contributors
8 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

It's an interesting idea that you just posted here.

I think you mean making a library of graphic designs similar to xatframe, but instead of being public/free and pre-approved you want it to be a kind of store where they can buy them directly. However, each user has different requirements for their designs, for example, use a specific chat name or a color, so this library would not work as a store but as a gallery of designs.

There are currently many external and approved galleries that you can use to post your work, for example: Behance, Flickr and if users like your work they can send you a message to make a request and/or purchase.

Another negative aspect that I see from this suggestion is that it would take a lot of work continuously, that is, xat should delegate people to moderate or approve the content that is being shared in this store to make sure that inappropriate content is not shared or not this using it correctly. Also they would have to find people who have knowledge in some languages like CSS, HTML to be able to examine the code of the players or xatspaces.

And taking into account that the store would belong to xat, if would have an effect on misunderstandings.

Thank you for your answer. But I do not agree with some things. 

xat does NOT have to be responsible for conflicts between customers and buyers, that was the idea. Everyone sells and buys at their own risk. I specified this in my original post, just knowing that a huge effort of moderation is needed.

Regarding the idea with the different requirements of the clients, and this I specified in my original post too. For example I make a gif template. I wrote there in the post, that the user can choose the name, color and so on, the seller makes the product according to his requests following only the sketch (model) of gif or background. So the customer will buy the background with his  name of the chat or, in its colors, with its text.

Yes, I know about flikr and others, but I wanted something from the xat.com

:) Thanks for your comment!

Edited by LordSin

• Advanced Members

This sounds good and will give more options to the consumers and more opportunities to some creators but we already have something similar, i.e., the Graphics chat. That website have an portfolio page which includes price range as well as portfolio(behance/flickr/Imgur) of the creators. The one you suggested is slightly better than the existing one but seeing that there have been some far better suggestions in the past and there have been no response to them yet gives negligible hope that such a suggestion would be taken in and implemented in xat in the future.

• Like 1

• Contributors
41 minutes ago, Vilen said:

This sounds good and will give more options to the consumers and more opportunities to some creators but we already have something similar, i.e., the Graphics chat. That website have an portfolio page which includes price range as well as portfolio(behance/flickr/Imgur) of the creators. The one you suggested is slightly better than the existing one but seeing that there have been some far better suggestions in the past and there have been no response to them yet gives negligible hope that such a suggestion would be taken in and implemented in xat in the future.

Thank you for your support! (hug)

• Bot Service Providers

I support your idea,

We have something like this in https://graphics.xatblog.net/portfolio/

I don't think things work like that "xat does NOT have to be responsible for conflicts between customers and buyers, that was the idea". If xat does it, legally they are responsible for the content. That's why third party are hosting images, players etc.

• Like 1

• Contributors
1 minute ago, xLaming said:

I support your idea,

We have something like this in https://graphics.xatblog.net/portfolio/

I don't think things work like that "xat does NOT have to be responsible for conflicts between customers and buyers, that was the idea". If xat does it, legally they are responsible for the content. That's why third party are hosting images, players etc.

I understand, sorry for not knowing all the legal issues, I was hoping is possible my way.

Anyway, I know about that blog.

Thank you for your support and answer! (hug)

• Like 1

• Contributors

Interesting idea, I would like it to be carried out at least in some aspect very similar to what you propose.

1. Some cons:
• Each user has their method of receiving payment.

Spoiler

Some receive in advance, others only half, and the other half when the design is finished, and others when they have finished everything.

• Regarding the bg’s, (inner & outers in general): 

Spoiler

There are users who want and specify a more personalized background, in terms of design, image to use, the wide range of colors, specific fonts, textures, and now more with xatframes, a really extensive theme.  

• There have been unfortunate cases, certain conflicts: 

Spoiler

In which some clients ask to make their designs, the seller does it, and in the end the client for "x's" reason doesn’t buy it, and they end up in conflict. Or vice versa, who pay in advance and in the end don’t  like the design very much, they decide to cancel and the seller doesn’t return their previous payment.

These cons would not allow the page and its gallery to function as a store (at least not directly).

2. But t t t... Something very beneficial in favor, I think that the part of the templates would work very well for gifs, players, pcbacks and xatspaces. Generalized templates that can be easily based on changing color and text (name) only, without the need to change font, layout structure, etc.
In this way the "conflict" would be less, since if the buyer likes a designer's template, people simply choose it and that's it, if they like it, they will pay for it. And so the seller would not be afraid that a design made from scratch will not be paid for, for x's reason and both sides happy. And simply that inner & outers bg’s,  xatframes, banners and similar designs that need to be more personalized, be treated outside of this.

A simple example of this, a little over a year ago I did a Xmas pcback contest in which it has a neon Grinch, I simply changed its name, and (color only for those who asked). And I gave away several!
And others asked me what was the price of one similar to that. 
BRIIede.png

So I keep this second option, and to support your good idea. @LordSin

Edited by RobFerrari
  • Like 1