Applications

DUYGU

Question

• Advanced Members

Can a volunter or a forum administrator respond to pending aplications? There are pending applications. I made an application 3 months ago, but my application has been pending for 3 months. There is no response to my application.

Edited by DUYGU
  • Haha 1

9 answers to this question

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

I am talking about their temporary time selection of wiki translators, for example wiki translators can be chosen for 3 months or 6 months. so other people who want to become may wiki translators have this chance too. 

I doubt temporary wiki translators will ever become a thing for the following reasons:

1. To translate, you require a wiki account. Now imagine if account creators (wiki role) had to create an account for every single temporary wiki translator when they are only gonna stay for a few months. That's not worth the time.
  2. Translating isn't that easy. Most of the time, new translators ask older translators or editors how to use the tool to translate/wiki syntax. Again, it would be a waste of time.
  3. Forum admins/staff would have to add the wiki translator role to these users and then remove it after a few months. Again, a waste of time.

That's my opinion, though. Maybe it will end up happening.

29 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

I'm talking about the recent past, and both Page and Luana are not new translators. they are wiki translators for almost 1 year. 

I'd still consider them new, considering new translators don't get added every single month.

42 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

here are older translators than them but they are not active in the forum. For example Sevda,Masha and Arthur has been a wiki translator for many years.

Yes, they've been translators for many years and 2 of them are still active and the other one is probably on hiatus (not a problem since there are other translators for his language).

Also, them being inactive on the forum isn't a problem. It's not a requirement.

Anyways, I think your original question has been answered, therefore I suppose there's no need to keep this thread open.

If you have any more questions regarding your application or suggestions, please use the proper ways.

• Advanced Members

My application was answered, but my application was not accepted. This response is not positive. As far as I understand, there is no need for wiki translaters for Turkish. I guess, application may not be accepted as there is no need for wiki translaters for Turkish. If I make a new application for another language within 3 months, will it be accepted? For example, I know bosnian langueand german langue and there is no wiki translaters for bosnian.

hS7ZYDM.jpg

• Advanced Members

If there are application criteria for applications, they must be added to the forum application. People who apply should know the criteria set for applications. If people apply according to their own standards and their own criteria, the number of applications will not increase, and thus the audience that has the standards waited by the forum management can be reached more quickly. 

When I applied, I did not know the standards required by the forum, but if the requested standards were added to the application forum, I would apply accordingly. There is an application forum, everyone is given the right to apply, everyone can apply but not everyone's applications are accepted. applications are not accepted according to what or according to which standards this must be stated in the application form. If there is no need for any wiki translater or contributors, a warning message should be sent to people who fill in the application form and post the forum. so people don't wait for months. You can learn whether it is open in any application or not during the application. If there is a need one for the application, the forum administration should publish it.

If there is no need for wiki translaters, I don't understand why people make the application forum fill in. If there is no need, the application forums should be removed and people should not be allowed to apply. If there is no need, people are wasting time and wasted filling forums without knowing that they are not needed.

Edited by DUYGU
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, DUYGU said:

As far as I understand, my application was rejected because there is no need for a wiki translater for Turkish. but I didn't know this was a reason or criterian for rejection. While filling in the application forum, I did not see a list with this criteria and I thought that more than one wiki translater could be selected for a language. If I knew that my application would be rejected because there was no need for a translator for Turkish, I wouldn't apply anyway. Forum management should add the criteria for rejection and acceptance of applications to the application forum and people should apply according to the criteria set in the forum. There are many people like me who apply without knowing the rejection criteria.

Since there is no need for a wiki translater for Turkish, my application will not be accepted once I apply within 3 months. Therefore, I do not intend to apply again.

If had increased be the number of wiki translater for Turkish and not limited be this to 1 person, maybe my application had a chance to be accepted. I don't understand why they let have been application for languages that don't need wiki translators. If there is no need for wiki translators, the application forum should be removed and the application forum for them should be putted when needed on the forum. 

You didn't get rejected because the number of turkish wiki translators is limited to 1, there's no such limit.

The wiki has been fully translated into turkish and when a new article is made, Sevda can handle it by herself. So there's no need to have another turkish translator.

There's a special page where you can check statistics about a language (e.g. for turkish https://xat.wiki/Special:LanguageStats?language=tr&x=D )

I guess people that want to apply could check it before submitting their application. 

1 hour ago, DUYGU said:

For years, people let have been able to apply.people have the posibles to apply. But I still see that the same people are wiki translators for years. New people can be chose to wiki translators in the forum. Temporary wiki translators can be chosen to give new people a chance. Example; Like the 3 month wiki translater or the 6 month wiki translater.

Not true at all.

Sure, some people have been translators for years but that's because either they've never quit or they re-joined at some point.

However, there are also some "new" translators (Luana, Page, etc. were added in April I think).

Edited by Ethan

• Advanced Members

Hi,

I'm really not sure how the process of accepting an application to become a Translator works. To send the request, users are asked to make a translation in order to evaluate their knowledge of the language, some of the reasons for refusal are the following:

• Applicants should not use a translator to complete their application.
  • The translation sent must be correctly written in the selected language, if it has errors it will not be accepted.
  • Preferably the translators must be native speakers of the language or at least have a very advanced knowledge.
  • If the xat wiki in the language you requested is fully translated and not out of date there is no reason to add a new translator.
  • If there is an active translator and you do not need help, it is not necessary to add another translator.

If you think it is important to add acceptance  ''criteria'' you can send an Edit Request for the page on the wiki and add what are the qualities of a Translator (you can also suggest this directly to a Wiki Editor). I'm glad to see your interest in translating the xat Wiki, you can re-submit a request in 3 months.

• Advanced Members
18 hours ago, DUYGU said:

If there are application criteria for applications, they must be added to the forum application. People who apply should know the criteria set for applications. If people apply according to their own standards and their own criteria, the number of applications will not increase, and thus the audience that has the standards waited by the forum management can be reached more quickly. 

When I applied, I did not know the standards required by the forum, but if the requested standards were added to the application forum, I would apply accordingly. There is an application forum, everyone is given the right to apply, everyone can apply but not everyone's applications are accepted. applications are not accepted according to what or according to which standards this must be stated in the application form. If there is no need for any wiki translater or contributors, a warning message should be sent to people who fill in the application form and post the forum. so people don't wait for months. You can learn whether it is open in any application or not during the application. If there is a need one for the application, the forum administration should publish it.

If there is no need for wiki translaters, I don't understand why people make the application forum fill in. If there is no need, the application forums should be removed and people should not be allowed to apply. If there is no need, people are wasting time and wasted filling forums without knowing that they are not needed.

There is still hope that you can be appointed as a space turkish translator in line with the 2023 Erdogan goals  , you can look for your luck elsewhere  (smirk)

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Valstein said:

There is still hope that you can be appointed as a space turkish translator in line with the 2023 Erdogan goals  , you can look for your luck elsewhere  (smirk)

I learning the information I wanted to learn through Andre's shares on this subject. I do not want to discussion about this topic with you. the support department is not available for discussions.

Please do not post spammy information in this topic.