Adaptable Automatic Disconnection

Raven

• Members
10 hours ago, xRavennn said:

Suggestion type: Group setting.

Hi. As you well know, xat groups automatically disconnect you after 15 minutes of inactivity, so my suggestion is based on the freedom of the main owners to choose after what period of time a user can be disconnected from a certain chat.
In my view, this would be possible with a new option added to the Miscellaneous Tab in Group Settings page.
I.E: n7EOCl5.png
In this case, the main owner can choose an interval between 15 minutes and a maximum of 45, numbered 5 by 5. (5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45 minutes).
If the chat has the option disabled, the user will be disconnected after the default period, after 15 minutes.

====Another Details====

Smiley power: No

Attributed power: No.
Availability: Free.

Setting location: Miscellaneous Tab

! Thanks to @Abrahan for the realistic realization of the example. !

Yes! I would be happy to choose if I will be disconnected or not. It's really annoying to be disconnected without your will. I agree with Raven's proposal.

• Like 4

• Advanced Members

I like this idea, I think that it happens to many of us that we are connected in the early morning hours (beginning in the morning in some countries) when there is not much activity in the chats and we decide to be online after 15 minutes we are automatically disconnects - It would be amazing if the Main Owners of the groups could extend the Automatic Disconnection (AFK) time.

Thanks to you for contributing this suggestion to xat! ;) 

• Volunteers

Instead of main owners deciding, perhaps a new setting could be added on user profiles under 'Account Settings' to allow individual users to choose for themselves.

That way, users can customize the setting to their own preference and they'd know exactly what the time period is (instead of just the main owner knowing).

• Award 2
  • Like 6

• Contributors
24 minutes ago, Crow said:

Instead of main owners deciding, perhaps a new setting could be added on user profiles under 'Account Settings' to allow individual users to choose for themselves.

That way, users can customize the setting to their own preference and they'd know exactly what the time period is (instead of just the main owner knowing).

Hello Crow and thank you for your comment.

In my vision, there would be a way to warn users about the time period that has been set: 

A push notification or a dialog box where user can be warned about  period after which he/she will be automatically disconnected in case of inactivity. 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

The idea is interesting and could be a new feature to be implemented in the next updates to be released. 

I agree with Crow when he says that it should be the users autonomously to have the possibility to decide the right time of disconnection. Probably if someone else decides the disconnection time it could be a problem because this is a subjective issue and not objective. In any case, by default, there should be a disconnection time and alternatively the possibility to choose the desired disconnection time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Contributors

I think that the main owners should have more freedom in customizing the chats that they manage, and this suggestion is one that would bring a contribution in this sense, as such it has all my support and I hope that the developers will notice the good ideas proposed by users.

Grats, Raven, waiting for more good ideas from you, as we all know that you have the ability to come up with innovative and extremely useful ideas for xat in general and especially for the communities in which you are active! (applause)

• Award 1