Power Mark Boost

Renan

• Members

Hi there!

Would be interesting a power that alerts a user when a specific word is detected on any connected chat. (like power Mark, but improved)

How it would work:

For example, I want detect the words gold, namecolor and nameglow on the chat Trade. So, I type '$detect=gold,namecolor,nameglow' into the chatbox and, if at least one of the words is detected, I will be notified on my web browser and receive a sound (like power Bump sound). If I am using the xat's app, I just will reveive a mobile notification and, if I am on the app screen, receive the sound and a message (from "Help" user) on all connected chats.

Screenshot of a Google Chrome notification (example):

spacer.png

• Award 2
  • Like 2

• Volunteers

Even better than macro, I think we can just have in settings (where you set mark word), a checkbox "Send notification when detected" and you receive a notification if the word is being sent in chat.

I'm a little scared that it would become a mess if the word is sent X times  in the chat.

But the idea sounds pretty neat.

• Like 3

• Members
6 hours ago, SLOom said:

Even better than macro, I think we can just have in settings (where you set mark word), a checkbox "Send notification when detected" and you receive a notification if the word is being sent in chat.

I'm a little scared that it would become a mess if the word is sent X times  in the chat.

Really, could be it. The principal point is the detect notification — how it would be configured, the xat's creators staff decids.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Advanced Members

Perhaps some users would develop a slightly negative outlook on xat if they charged for allowing users to receive notifications, I don't think this basic feature should be a power.

6 hours ago, SLOom said:

I have the same thoughts.

• Members
1 hour ago, Abrahan said:

Perhaps some users would develop a slightly negative outlook on xat if they charged for allowing users to receive notifications, I don't think this basic feature should be a power.

I have the same thoughts.

Could you explain me why some users would develop a negative outlook on xat? Or that is just a opinion?

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Renan

• Advanced Members

This is already possible with "Mentions" actually, which is a feature of xat's desktop notifications. You can set it up on Account Settings -> Notifications ->Mentions.

However, this desktop notification will only show up when the browser is minimized or when you're on another browser tab.

It could be extended so that it shows while you're on the chat page and/or when you're on another tab within the chat e.g. private chat.

An optional combination of Mark keywords sounds good too, but for simplicity I'd rather put a setting for "Mentions" such as "Highlight your Mention words with Mark power" (although you can already do this right now by setting the same Mention words and the Mark Keywords separately in Account Settings).

IKbyOOc.png

• Award 1