[iOS 1.5.1] Feedback

Brandon

• Advanced Members

Suggestions pertaining to at least version 1.5.1 on iOS:

• See image here. Small detail, but very noticeable. The rounded dialog corners should be blue instead of white.
  • When on the Groups tab and when tapping a group, you should be brought to the group page to start chatting immediately. The way it works now: The group is added to the list on the Chats tab, forcing me to have to tap the group on the list in order to enter the chat. This means two total taps are required to enter a new group instead of one tap.
  • See image here. Messages should start at the bottom and go up as new messages are added. I highly expect to see new messages on the chat as I'm typing my own messages.
  • If I initiate a private chat with someone, then exit it without typing anything, the private chat is still open. I suggest the page only display private chats that contain messages.
  • On the More tab, tapping Help leads to the Terms of Service. I expect help when clicking Help, not rules.
  • See image here. It seems text is commonly very close to input fields. It should be made to look better. This is noticed throughout the application.
  • See image here. Sorry, but this looks extremely disorganized and messy.
    • I feel that the buttons should be in a visible, well-defined grid. Right now, it looks as if the buttons were just thrown onto the page.
    • The icons are very old style. They should be updated to reflect a more modern design standard.
    • If I'm not allowed to tap a button or if tapping a certain button isn't applicable at the time, why is it even shown? Buttons that aren't usable should be removed from my view.
  • See image here. It would be nice if people's names were shown normally, without all the smilie or glow codes.
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members

I'll just use your post for my feedback.

• Long messages are displayed like this (in general, not just PC) I think it would be better if long messages were kept together, rather than going under the avatar.
  • As Brandon said, buttons should be hidden if not usable. However, the PC button should stay to mimic the flash client but the "faded" icon is sort of hard to see, in my opinion.
  • The "private chats" heading (here) should be hidden if there's no current private chats open. The edit button should also be suppressed if no chats or private chats are there to be removed.
  • If you are not connected to a group, this message is displayed, however you must scroll along to see the rest. It should just wrap so the whole message can be seen.
  • On the "Groups" view, promoted chats are listed under the "Favourites" tab, they should just have their own dedicated tab.

• Advanced Members

I sent this directly to admin but I'll say it here too. 

There should be a place where you can update your status on the edit page where you update your name, avatar, etc. 

The macro does work but it would be so much easier if they made it so you could update it via a page, especially if you use status glow or colour. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't like how two of the smilie icons are the same.

34c9b00e121b44bfad8de593aecb2fd4.png 

This obviously isn't a high priority but can xat come up with another smilie to replace the second :) with? Could even be another default smilie, it just shouldn't be the same.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Members

I received a reply about this, either from administrators or the mobile team. Since this information was passed down to me, I can't determine who. Here is the response I received: "We're on 1.9, not 1.5 anymore. Not really needing any feedback for this."

However, almost every single issue still exists. Oh well!

• Award 1

• Members

the application of xat does not weigh less or more than 4 mb in the appstore my suggestion that it be a free code in github to edit the codes, because as you can not download in ios 7.1.2 that is very rare because it should be up to ios 6

• Meh 1

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Valenti said:

the application of xat does not weigh less or more than 4 mb in the appstore my suggestion that it be a free code in github to edit the codes, because as you can not download in ios 7.1.2 that is very rare because it should be up to ios 6

iOS 6? What in the world...

• Haha 1

• Advanced Members

I doubt they will prioritize this for the moment. Bugs and constant issues seem more important than making the app compatible with an OS released 3-4 years ago (if this is the issue)... Wouldn’t releasing the code make the app vulnerable to exploits? This is just my point of view.

This would be nice for, no matter the amount, those users that still use this version. However, I say everything becomes just obsolete at one point.