xat Mobile Bug Reporting

Admin

• Administrators

This topic is no longer being used for bug reporting.

Please visit the following page to create a bug report: https://forum.xat.com/bug-tracker/mobile-applications/.

You can see the xat mobile bug list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxR82y9hJ-yABX_j0XNrYO6z76iGEMNzt-tQ8erKKJQ/edit?usp=sharing.

When reporting, remember to include:

• Device OS information.
  • Software version number.
  • Model of phone.
  • Screen resolution.
  • Orientation of screen when bug occurs.
  • Your xat username and ID.
  • Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Reports for iOS 1.5.1:

1. Text doesn't wrap and goes past message container (see image here). This was a private chat.
  2. My avatar is treated as a GIF when it's not a GIF.

Happens with group descriptions too if they're long enough (noticed it for xat5). 

• Advanced Members
39 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Can you give me more details about this one? 

I am using a regular image as my avatar. The application displays it in such a way that it goes from the left of the image to the right of the image, making it move rapidly back and forth as if it's trying to display a strip of images (like a GIF). Think about how xat regularly shows GIFs on xat: You upload a strip of images, the image is shown by going from the most left frame to the most right frame, and then back to the first frame. It appears to be doing that when I don't even have a strip uploaded. It's a single, one-frame image.

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, FrozenZuke said:

Can I get the iOS TestFlight code or download beta link?

You need to be invited. If you didn't receive an invitation, you're going to have to wait for a later stage in the beta or for the application to be released in the App Store. 

Also, this topic is for bug reporting only. Please stay on topic. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Version 1.5.1 iOS App

1. When I open the "add smilie" bottom left corner, and swipe left or right (because that is what most people would do), it opens the Visitors Menu or goes back to Chats. 

2. Sometimes when I scroll at a place, it goes to the last page because the app thinks I swiped left or right when I did straight.

• Volunteers
5 hours ago, dimplef said:

1zdayih.jpg

i just wanna report merried i think its bug from ios mobile like me and Zed were still merried but from ios i saw it were not merried, thanks hope i can help littlebit.

It's same on Android. You can't see the married/bff icon on the app actually. I think, it will be fine on the future release of the app since it's still in beta.

Plus, about your next post, bump doesn't work on mobile. (I think, it will be added later)

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

mj3klv.jpg

ojics0.jpg

Hi again, first of all please look at the difference the picture i post the transfer option from ios, this is kinda wierd of me i have many times to double check it to other users. The problem now is i have only 73xat and 24days and when i tried to click to zed acc and click transfer i saw 73xat and 17050 days. I double check this many times too even i do new update, thanks!

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, dimplef said:

mj3klv.jpg

ojics0.jpg

Hi again, first of all please look at the difference the picture i post the transfer option from ios, this is kinda wierd of me i have many times to double check it to other users. The problem now is i have only 73xat and 24days and when i tried to click to zed acc and click transfer i saw 73xat and 17050 days. I double check this many times too even i do new update, thanks!

Hmmm, I experienced a similar glitch. It looks like when you click "transfer", everyone has the same amount of xats. In my case, they had the same amount of xats and days. It's already on the spreadsheet. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I have a question. 

If you get the option to add the "Background App Refresh", do you think it'll leave the xat opened?

It's a little bit tedious having the app opened at all times to get the messages :c.

• Award 1

• Administrators
16 hours ago, dimplef said:

I have question also

its possible to add Trading power option from ios? 

eventually but don't hold your breath

anyone else seeing android crashes or BSOD ? (Black screen of death)

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteers
14 minutes ago, Admin said:

eventually but don't hold your breath

anyone else seeing android crashes or BSOD ? (Black screen of death)

Nothing, the app works fine on Android, popup messages are just broken. :) 

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Have you updated to 1.5.4 for the Android app?

(I haven't experienced any crashes on 1.5.4 or any BSOD).

Had 1.5.1, i updated it now and still no crash and no bsod.

There should be something notifying us about the new version.

Btw, i am getting a empty message box when i open the app now.