xat Mobile Bug Reporting

Admin

• Bot Service Providers
5 hours ago, Phinny said:

1.7.3 @Laming

I don't think this is an issue.

Try clear your app cache (fixed mistake).

I'll explain you an example... this happens because the part that should connect will work like a "webserver" in the same way if it still sending requests and receive no response it will cause this bug. (when the connection is a bit slow also can happen this bug)

And I think @Admin enabled Strict Mode (https://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/StrictMode.htmlwhen the app was compiled so will not return a "human error".

• Volunteers

Android 1.8.6 has been released on the play store! https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.xat.app (or just find it via your phone.)

You will be able to buy xats from the app. (It works only from the profile page for now)

There are also a new navbar design, new everypower added and more..

Feel free to report any bugs or suggestions to improve the xat app!

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

- Still an issue with the group search pop-up being behind the keyboard (see screenshot 1)

- "Help" doesn't open anything at the moment (might be intended atm) (see screenshot 2)

Some astethic stuff:

- After the "search" text, there should be a space (see screenshot 2)

- After the green icon: "Connect to xat..", there should be a space (see screenshot 3)

- In my opinion the header would look better with the (icon xat) logo, check my edited screenshot (see screenshot 4)

- The "Me" profile must be improved, it doesn't look nice at all, in case thats not supposed/planned to change

click to enlarge, from left to right (1-10)

6df0cadfe0494e0eb92cbe0db486b12c.jpeg5de22d9623c74353855f789dcf5c1969.jpeg6a254bb9250246e8b958392b5a6f69b3.jpegfdb54c33b8fd4a2a9f070d278e764758.jpegb4016bf20317455684b9a1b557d7aeaa.jpeg

Apart of that, nice work and keep it up! Seems like its stable soon.

• Volunteers
12 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

- "Help" doesn't open anything at the moment (might be intended atm) (see screenshot 2)

It's supposed to load the wiki page but it doesn't seem to completely load it. (That's why we have the mobile version)

About the navbar, I had the idea to move the logo more on the left and leave the logo like that (without "xat" text.) and change the color to a better blue like maybe the logo or navbar website?

And I agree with you about me profile. It must be improved and a search bar should be added on powers list (same about store), but I doubt that there are enough space for (mostly for small screen.)

Damnit 500 posts!

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, SlOom said:

About the navbar, I had the idea to move the logo more on the left and leave the logo like that (without "xat" text.)

I would insist to add the xat there, maybe i feel like that because the icons to the right all "do something" and with the text being on the xat icon, you distungish that. It could still be moved to the left though.

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I would insist to add the xat there, maybe i feel like that because the icons to the right all "do something" and with the text being on the xat icon, you distungish that

Alright but it should be more bigger and with a better quality than the one you provided on your screenshot.

And for example; if you click the logo, it redirects you on the website?

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Alright but it should be more bigger and with a better quality than the one you provided on your screenshot.

And for example; if you click the logo, it redirects you on the website?

Yea, it can be better and have better quality, i just made a quick demonstration. Maybe like this (size and position):

94af286ee2ce44c6817495b8adf6afa8.jpeg

And no, it shouldn't redirect u anywhere, that wouldn't make sense, since the app it self is the "website" kinda. There is just no point in bringing the user to the website by a mobile browser since the website doesn't offer anything for the mobile-user.

• Volunteers
3 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

And no, it shouldn't redirect u anywhere, that wouldn't make sense, since the app it self is the "website" kinda. There is just no point in bringing the user to the website by a mobile browser since the website doesn't offer anything for the mobile-user.

You right.. 

But there are a thing about when you start the app for the first time, it should have a popup saying like a "Welcome on the app" with a a login/register buttons on it because for now, it has nothing except the "login" button on the left, and it's not really friendly for the user.

• Advanced Members

282y4y.jpg 

hi, i came back just now again to use

ios and my ios version 1.8.0

and my Profile page have no "Edit" option. 

qzlrhf.jpg

I wanna change something bcuz as u can see below my name Dimple it look like that the smilley code show very long..

2pqqdxv.jpg

.. and as u can see here my smilley code is a perfect fine from "Visitor".

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, SlOom said:

But there are a thing about when you start the app for the first time, it should have a popup saying like a "Welcome on the app" with a a login/register buttons on it because for now, it has nothing except the "login" button on the left, and it's not really friendly for the user.

Right now if you're not registered and you open the app, it does force a pop-up login and there it also says "New user?" Register". I think thats ok this way.

But it could be more user-friendly, agree, there should be something like a tutorial, starting by "welcome to the xat app" as u say and then it'll show u what this app and xat offers u and how to use it, one by one. And later on you could ask to register, "create an account now to get started", so its basically explaining and convincing first and then asks to join.

• Volunteers
15 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Right now if you're not registered and you open the app, it does force a pop-up login and there it also says "New user?" Register". I think thats ok this way.

Sometimes, it doesn't. You have to click the login button to see that pop-up; but well it seems to be okay by this way.

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Phinny said:

http://prntscr.com/f5isux

Broken pawn? 

I figured out the issue; It's because her name is too long and her hat code isn't fetched correcty so it returns an empty "hat code" and breaks the pawn itself.

I asked her to move her hat code on the beggining and it worked fine.

It should be also fixed on the next update.

Some issues:

- Hat2 needs to be updated with party hat.

- If you add only (hat# in your name, it will shows "( hatt". (Proof: http://i.imgur.com/qOhQJiM.png)

- Colors don't work in some smilies combinations

@Admin

• Advanced Members

Not sure if this is known (google spreedsheet doesn't at least). Mainly concerning private chat/keyboard/long text issues.

1. If someone pc'ed u and you open the chat and type back, the chat content from the other person doesn't move above the keyboard (however it does after you've posted your message)

2. If you add too much text in the keyboard, it won't break the text at the end of the line, but instead it goes out of the screen and you're not able to see it, unless you do yourself by pressing "enter" on the keyboard

3. If the long text is posted, its going out screen, without breaking the line (might be intended), however you're able to move the message from right to left, to see the rest, but.. (see below)

3.1 but if you do so, your name moves as well.

See the video below, issues are recorded in the same order.

Thanks @Lunala for messaging me xd

• Advanced Members
On 5/7/2017 at 9:46 AM, dimplef said:

282y4y.jpg 

hi, i came back just now again to use

ios and my ios version 1.8.0

and my Profile page have no "Edit" option. 

qzlrhf.jpg

I wanna change something bcuz as u can see below my name Dimple it look like that the smilley code show very long..

I didnt logout and ididnt relogin and after a few weeks the "Edit" is appear.

I've been notice when you first login the "Edit" is not showing

23vnipe.jpg

• Volunteers
11 hours ago, dimplef said:

I didnt logout and ididnt relogin and after a few weeks the "Edit" is appear.

I've been notice when you first login the "Edit" is not showing

23vnipe.jpg

Edit page is showing fine even on the first time. If it doesn't show, it's because something on your name is breaking the page like some special chars or something else that isn't supported by the page.

I just know that the page can be broken with some special chars, so I guess your problem comes from that. It might also break because of your long smilie maybe? Have you tested to remove it and see if it fixes it?

More details about your issue should be good to see how it can be fixed in the next updates!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Hi, 

i like xat mobile But it needs to develop more, And some mistakes need to be corrected.

Some encountered mistakes I will list.

1. Yes ruby now seems to have a person on the person list, person, too. But in (ruby), in the general chat, it looks 'white' in color.

2. When you log in to your PC, and log in again from the phone, 'Wait for push notification' error occurs, days xats transfer is locked. S.66. and And after approximately 1 or 2 hours, it will automatically recover. It is better that such a mistake never occurs.

3.Bff / married people do not appear together, and register / subcriber / bff / maried does not appear. Everyone seems to have the power to reghide.

4.People do not have the power of namecolor, it's just nameglow, but it seems as though namecolor exists.

5. No have days in person. but Animated gif profilies, As if, like the days, playing.

6. At the end finish of the person days, nickname Looks like the codes are inside, so; person have  days; nickname = Nick      but not have days = Nick(glow#000001#r)(hat#r) 

7. Can't Trading in xap app mobile, we want can Trade active.

8. not click to buy Xats list. 

9. not buy shortnames.

10. can't promote my chat group.

11. can't send kissies message's. (ball 8)

I hope this is useful for correcting them. @Admin @Maverick

• Award 2

• Volunteers
17 minutes ago, SeroReyis said:

7. Can't Trading in xap app mobile, we want can Trade active.

8. not click to buy Xats list. 

9. not buy shortnames.

10. can't promote my chat group.

We appreciate that the bugs you provided but some of them work (Like the 8) and others will not be available since the purpose of the app is not to reproduce exactly what the site has. It gives the opportunity to access xat chat on your phone.

About trade, I already explained that to you on your thread, so you don't need to repost it; It will come one day but not now since it needs a lot of work about security and things being done well.

If you want to buy a shortname, promote a chat, just do it via the website. But as we don't know, it can coming later but I doubt it since Admins aren't going to make something that is going to eat all the mobile battery. It would be bad after and people would be mad about.

Anyways thanks for your report as I can say.

• Advanced Members

New bugs:

[CRASH!] -If you take a screenshot more than once while being on the xat app, the app will crash. In other words, if you take two screenshots it crashes (i've tested it like 5 times and it crashed every time)

- After The "lock" icon, when you sent a private message, there needs to be a space to the text, same for welcome messages. (see screenshot)

- If the keyboard is open and you use the Add Smilies to add smiley and you add a smiley, the keyboard closes, however the keyboard should stay open and just add the smiley to the message.

- On the Private Message window, after it says "Send a private message:"($user), there should be a space before the ($user). (see screenshot)

- Also on the Private Message window, if you open the keyboard, the box gets behind the keyboard, as a result you cannot see what you're typing properly.

@SlOom

Improvement:

- On the Add Smilies box, it should be possible to change the pages by holding your finger on the screen and move the pages from left to right (More user friendly imo), the left-right icons could be kept

- It should be possible to use the "Add Smilies" when private messaging, right now not possible as it only opens a pop-up window. (Perhaps adding the "Add smilies" icon on the private message box would do it)

@Lemona

• Award 1