xat Mobile Bug Reporting

Admin

• Advanced Members

IOS Version 1.5.9. 

On mobile, I was able to slide Paul's and Minerva's names on private chat to the right and left due to their powers in their name, and certain icons. (Just their names being so large on my screen I guess). 

Edit: 

Tried to paste, didn't let me. Had to click "chats" and click the chat again. Same with italic text, and bold text. 

(Hold down your finger on the text box, it should say 'paste'. After you click paste it says "Italic, bold". Doesn't let you paste after typing italic text/bold text) 

Magnification glass can't be moved. 

Edit2: 

Magnification glass works fine now. Reported another issue to Maverick. 

• Contributors
8 hours ago, CLassified3 said:

On mobile, I was able to slide Paul's and Minerva's names on private chat to the right and left due to their powers in their name, and certain icons. (Just their names being so large on my screen I guess). 

This is a known issue that was reported by @Brandon. The issue is a text wrapping issue. 

8 hours ago, CLassified3 said:

Tried to paste, didn't let me. Had to click "chats" and click the chat again. Same with italic text, and bold text. 

Right now pasting is having some issues as well. You're not able to paste whatever you copied correctly. (We're well aware of it).

On 9/12/2016 at 7:48 AM, LaFleur said:

Uhm, could someone maybe update the wiki page: https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mobilebeta with whats new or supposed to be fixed in 1.5.8 ?

Would be good to know for testing.

There's a list of fixes and changed to 1.5.8, but it would be way too long to list. However, I can give you some insight on main fixes. 

Pawns no longer move up when you send a really long message.

Margins are fixed on chats so there's no clipping. 

Last but not least, the gap between avatars and pawns are fixed, so there's no gap in between them.

Unfortunately, that's all I can list for now. If I continued, it would be a very long list. 

Would any of you like the see the shadow-back behind avatars on mobile?

The shadow-back is for users who edit their profile, and those who didn't wouldn't get the shadow unless they edit their profile. Which means, it would be automatic on mobile.

• Advanced Members
32 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The shadow-back is for users who edit their profile, and those who didn't wouldn't get the shadow unless they edit their profile. Which means, it would be automatic on mobile.

I don't really care, it can stay like that.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Would any of you like the see the shadow-back behind avatars on mobile?

Seriously, no.

I don't think (in my opinion) we really need a shadow on mobile and it will be ugly on mobile. We don't need to add all things we have on the web on mobile, so keep it clean and like it is now.

It's good without shadow.

The best thing to show on mobile, it's the black star for registered users who don't have powers or who use the subhide power. It's hard to guess (on userlist) to see if the user is registered or not. Yeah, we can see if you tickle the person, but it's not enough to guess, sorry.

• Contributors
12 hours ago, Angeline said:

[ipad] Im mod but i cant pc them if they have nopc on.

m9sxfd.jpg

This is due to having the power NOPC on, which is a known bug. 

If you disable NOPC, then you'd be able to PC that user and anyone else.

(Its being worked on :()

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

(ON AVATAR) Edit end/// Probably some displaying issue with the new anniversary smilies. Had (daydream#size#w5), showed some weird square. Then changed avatar (trough mobile) to biggrin & 1156 xat avatar, worked well. Changed to another anniversary smiley, then blank. Repeated it few times and always the same.

v.1.5.8. maybe someone else could check this too?

• Advanced Members

Basically, I somehow got the regname including the word "xat" in my name. Not completely sure on how I did it but it happened when I tried to login through my mobile. 

http://imgur.com/mQh5rvp

Not sure if it's a bug or if xat's promoting me or something but I'll report it just in case :)

I'm happy to keep it though 8-) if not ... feelsbadman:( 

_____

Just saying, I just married that account so please don't change the regname to anything weird lol  (if it will be changed)

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
45 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Basically, I somehow got the regname including the word "xat" in my name. Not completely sure on how I did it but it happened when I tried to login through my mobile.

I actually emailed the admins about this near the beginning of this month.

Will be fixed soon, hopefully.

Thanks for reporting this.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Critical Report

The application fails to connect to the internet and an exception occurs. The application is not usable despite the device actually being connected to the internet.

Version: 1.5.8 on Android Nougat (API 24).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Be connected to the internet via WiFi, but not necessarily through a cellular provider. I was not using a SIM card, thus had no connection to a carrier (not sure if relevant).
  2. Open the application and login.
  3. Wait for the application to attempt to connect to xat servers.
  4. The application says there is a network and connection problem. An exception occurs simultaneously: xatSendJAVA catch:android.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException.

I'm not really sure why other people wouldn't experience this though. Shouldn't it be more widely reported? From what I have read, it only occurs when there is networking in the main thread. Maybe someone with more experience can enlighten us.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I'm here to report a non-urgent, non-application breaking bug. I did a little research and I didn't see it mentioned before but I figured I'd mention it so it can be put on the back burner and worried about later. 

I am using Mobile version 1.5.9 on iOS.

I received a tempmod earlier in the day, PC'd a user on mobile, and then proceeded to lose the tempmod (due to the time running out)

I then PC'd another user in the same chat.

In the first PC (the PC I opened when I was a tempmod,) my pawn appeared white like a moderator: http://imgur.com/WCufAVt

In the second PC (the PC I opened after I lost my tempmod), my appeared blue like a member: http://imgur.com/fEuhmLL

The times in the screenshots are a little misleading because the clock changed, however the gist of the bug is that if you PC a user whilst tempmod, your pawn will persist to appear white, client-side, and if you lose the tempmod and PC someone, your pawn will appear blue (client-side).

Like I mentioned, very small, and non-breaking at all. But I figured I'd mention it just incase. 

Thanks.