xat Mobile Bug Reporting

Admin

• Members

I want to report a problem from the previous version.

Now I download the new version (1.54) And this problem continues, in this new version.

I have a: Samsung SPH-D710
Android Version: 4.1.2

And my problem is: What Every time I try to write my keyboard cell automatically, closes me. For each message you send another person in chat. On many occasions I have tried to write, but sometimes the chat runs way too fast. Depending on which so many people have the chat and write all the time. I have to wait for an opportunity that no person write, and so I write. But if someone writes, I automatically closed my keyboard cell. :(

Otherwise, no further problems. :)

• Members

Good day everyone!

I have a question. Did you guys make delisted chats unavailable/unsearchable for xat mobile on purpose?

Also, when i type in ":'(" from mobile, it appears to be moving or results to the smiley equivalent for "(crying)" code. But when the person who's using a laptop/computer types ":'(", it sends it as it is-- not moving or anything. Just the code itself.

2hea3cy.jpg

• Members

One more thing, i still get private chats from random people who have me added (i dont have them added as a friend though) even if my NOPC power is on. Isn't nopc/nopm supposed to block messages from users you don't have added back. Although it gets sent, you don't really get to read it because of the power, right?

• Contributors

Typing smilies such as " :' ( " together would form to be (crying) which is done on purpose and for every other smiley that you can type in symbol forms. 

The NOPC / friends bug we're already aware of.

For your question about delisted chats, I have asked the admins to check this thread out. 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

So on the pre-release of 1.56 I was doing fine for half the day, but then notification started to breaking again, so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it like it said, but that doesn't work anymore. Plus I can hardly login because I have to check my email to verify mobile over and over and over again, and it's just an endless loop. This is beyond frustrating, and I think it's a bad idea so far about the verify because I can't even login anymore..

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, Hunter said:

So on the pre-release of 1.56 I was doing fine for half the day, but then notification started to breaking again, so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it like it said, but that doesn't work anymore. Plus I can hardly login because I have to check my email to verify mobile over and over and over again, and it's just an endless loop. This is beyond frustrating, and I think it's a bad idea so far about the verify because I can't even login anymore..

Sorry to hear that you have problems with the application.

Notifications should working fine. (Depending of your phone, it's not sure to work on all phones like it said.) Have you tried to clear the cache of the app ? (Even if you reinstalled it)

You can try a pre-release of the latest version at http://xat.com/xat2.apk This will not work on all phones.

Plus, when you log in, you must click the link sent by xat (no need to spam it), and then click the 'login' button again when Xat server authorized the phone to connect on the account, and it should work fine. If that does not work, move on to the beta version (1.54) again until a stable version of the application is released.

This idea to check email is a security reason to see if the account belongs to you and to prevent anyone else logs into the account without permission since the login does not work like the web. (locked out, check email etc...) so it's not really a 'bad idea' if it's a best way to keep the account secure.

Thank you for your report.

• Advanced Members

I restarted my phone and it works fine again, but I noticed that if you closed the dialogue for login credentials, it'll send you in an infinite loop when you check your email. But leave it open and you should be fine. In my case it kept closing itself so I kept going in an infinite loop.

• Volunteers
5 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I restarted my phone and it works fine again, but I noticed that if you closed the dialogue for login credentials, it'll send you in an infinite loop when you check your email. But leave it open and you should be fine. In my case it kept closing itself so I kept going in an infinite loop.

Well then. You don't have te close the login dialog until you clicked the link sent by Xat because like you said, it'll be an 'infinite look'.

Glad to hear, it works now. (: 

If you feel that this is a bug to fix, please send an email to Maverick (xat.la/contact or PM) with your Username & ID and the bug that goes with it and he will take a look at this if it's really an issue or not.

Thank you again.

• Advanced Members

Hi ^^ 

I wanted to state that I found both a problem (that I stated yesterday) and a solution as well. So here it is:

(Scenario 1) 

Problem: Mobile beta 1.5.6  gives Notifications Broken error on the start 

Solution: On the wiki page, follow the instructions said to uninstall and re-install the app, and that should be fixed ^^

and if that didn't work....

(Scenario 2) 

Problem: I was logged in already and doing fine before, and suddenly the notifications broke again (and the available pawn doesn't work)...

Statement from experience: I've been though this a few times now, so if you login from your computer and go back to mobile, this happens.

Solution: First thing you want to do is restart your phone. When it turns back on, uninstall the app, and then re-install it again. Then enter your login credentials, check your email, etc. When you do that, and you're in successfully, it should show the Notifications broken popup one more time, so repeat the uninstall, and reinstall, and login. After this, the problem should be solved and the Notifications should not be broken (and availability pawn comes back too)

I had this from experience and tested this a few times myself, so I thought it would be helpful to others who are experiencing the same problem to follow these steps also. I hope this helps ^^

Edit: I also want to slip this in here, the disclaimer that states this may not work on all phones. When I get the chance, I will test this also on my second phone